Logo of the New York Islanders
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,150,000$6,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$7,400,000$7,400,000
RD
RFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 1, 2022 at 11:57 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
I can’t imagine a scenario where trading Wally, Raty, the 13th pick and the 65th pick for DeBrincat doesn’t bite us in the ass. Either Raty, Wally or the guy at 13 will make the deal a huge win for Chicago. Isles would be better off trying to sign Gaudreau.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:01 p.m.
Quoting: Isles5513
I can’t imagine a scenario where trading Wally, Raty, the 13th pick and the 65th pick for DeBrincat doesn’t bite us in the ass. Either Raty, Wally or the guy at 13 will make the deal a huge win for Chicago. Isles would be better off trying to sign Gaudreau.

No it wouldn't. CHI declines.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:03 p.m.
CHI NYI
Dobson probably isn't going to get that much on a deal that walks him to UFA I think (unless there's an OS of course). I think they'll bridge him on a 2-3 year deal with a high salary in the final year so he's got a high QO when he's up again but a lower cap hit until then. That frees up space for us to keep Palms, who was arguably our 2nd best forward in the second half last season. Really hoping he can put a productive 82 games together next year.

Puljujarvi and Kulak are great additions, both high on my own wishlist
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:04 p.m.
Rangers

Disagree. Abt 4 million+ dollars separates the 2 and debrincat is what barzal desperately needs. Doubt wahlstrom, raty, or whoever goes at whatever pick they have puts up the production of debrincat within the next 3 years. If the isles don't win something soon, barzal is not gonna stay.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
Rangers
Quoting: Garak

I am a rangers fan therefore I'm not tryna look for a great deal for the islanders. This is as neutral as possible. Chicago never getting more than this
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:07 p.m.
Rangers
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
Dobson probably isn't going to get that much on a deal that walks him to UFA I think (unless there's an OS of course). I think they'll bridge him on a 2-3 year deal with a high salary in the final year so he's got a high QO when he's up again but a lower cap hit until then. That frees up space for us to keep Palms, who was arguably our 2nd best forward in the second half last season. Really hoping he can put a productive 82 games together next year.

Puljujarvi and Kulak are great additions, both high on my own wishlist

I think it would be smart to lock up dobson long term. Kid is special. Honestly thought abt giving him 8 years. Palmieri purely a financial decision. I think w all these additions it puts the islanders in a better spot then banking on a guy who put up like 30 points last year
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:14 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Rangers13232
Disagree. Abt 4 million+ dollars separates the 2 and debrincat is what barzal desperately needs. Doubt wahlstrom, raty, or whoever goes at whatever pick they have puts up the production of debrincat within the next 3 years. If the isles don't win something soon, barzal is not gonna stay.

Barzal is under control and the isles can give him an 8 year deal
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:15 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan

Raty’s production overseas is fantastic. Wally has a lot of room to grow even if he isn’t a top line guy.
Garak liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:19 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
I am a rangers fan therefore I'm not tryna look for a great deal for the islanders. This is as neutral as possible. Chicago never getting more than this

Look at the end of the day this team is built around Barzy, Pelech, Pulock, Dobson and Sorokin. Paying DeBrincat along with Barzal Dobson, and Sorokin would be difficult to say the least. You also have to remember the last five guys to go 13th overall are Suzuki, Dellandrea, Knight, Jarvis and Coronato. You can find high end talent at 13 and with the exception of Dellandrea and maybe Coronato, I don’t think any of those guys would be heading to Chicago in a DeBrincat deal.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:28 p.m.
Raty’s production overseas is fantastic. Wally has a lot of room to grow even if he isn’t a top line guy.

I know. And I like them both a lot as players. But when I consider what CHI's front office has said over and over that they are looking for, those two have skill but they don't have the skating, pace, or motor for what Davidson is trying to build. And looking through the NYI's roster and prospect pool I just don't see much that matches that. It's something that can maybe be developed, but when you are that far behind in a certain area like skating it's hard to see them really developing that any more than becoming an average skater at best. But then again maybe CHI would value their skillsets enough to pull the trigger and plan on getting the speed/pace/motor from other positions and hope the skill guys can keep up enough to jump in the play when the speed guys take over.
jance liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:34 p.m.

I think this is the problem a lot of people have with Debrincat trades, thinking that the hawks will let him go for a neutral, fair hockey trade. They won't. And it's fair to say the Hawks won't get any more than this. It's not like they want to move Cat, and if he stays he's an excellent player to build around and likely the next captain in a year. It's a similar position to Hagle at the TDL, they had no need to move him, Tampa just way overpaid with 2 firsts and 2 NHLers for a mid-line player who has never touched 40 points.

For any team to get Debrincat, they're going to have to not only meet his value to the hawks but exceed it. Again, they're not trying to move him, they're simply listening to offers. A team is gonna have to put up an offer the Hawks simply can't refuse. Freedman has already reported that the hawks have nixed a huge package that featured 2 firsts, one of which was reportedly very high. Another reports that the starting ask for the Hawks is 3 firsts, + an High level NHL prospect who is already in the NHL or ready to make the jump.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:47 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
I know. And I like them both a lot as players. But when I consider what CHI's front office has said over and over that they are looking for, those two have skill but they don't have the skating, pace, or motor for what Davidson is trying to build. And looking through the NYI's roster and prospect pool I just don't see much that matches that. It's something that can maybe be developed, but when you are that far behind in a certain area like skating it's hard to see them really developing that any more than becoming an average skater at best. But then again maybe CHI would value their skillsets enough to pull the trigger and plan on getting the speed/pace/motor from other positions and hope the skill guys can keep up enough to jump in the play when the speed guys take over.

Raty is a good skater lol.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:50 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan

I think you are undervaluing Raty and what you are saying about him isn’t necessarily accurate. Wally is an average skater, but you can see real improvement over the last couple of years.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:51 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Edited Jul. 1, 2022 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: jance
I think this is the problem a lot of people have with Debrincat trades, thinking that the hawks will let him go for a neutral, fair hockey trade. They won't. And it's fair to say the Hawks won't get any more than this. It's not like they want to move Cat, and if he stays he's an excellent player to build around and likely the next captain in a year. It's a similar position to Hagle at the TDL, they had no need to move him, Tampa just way overpaid with 2 firsts and 2 NHLers for a mid-line player who has never touched 40 points.

For any team to get Debrincat, they're going to have to not only meet his value to the hawks but exceed it. Again, they're not trying to move him, they're simply listening to offers. A team is gonna have to put up an offer the Hawks simply can't refuse. Freedman has already reported that the hawks have nixed a huge package that featured 2 firsts, one of which was reportedly very high. Another reports that the starting ask for the Hawks is 3 firsts, + an High level NHL prospect who is already in the NHL or ready to make the jump.

Yeah but saying you want a one sided deal for the hawks on this site isn’t necessarily realistic either lol
Jul. 1, 2022 at 1:01 p.m.

According to the rumored offers, Chicago just declined a (2) high first round picks and a good young NHL player
Garak liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 1:11 p.m.
I think you are undervaluing Raty and what you are saying about him isn’t necessarily accurate. Wally is an average skater, but you can see real improvement over the last couple of years.

I'm not undervaluing him. I had my heart set on CHI drafting him before you guys snagged him. I think he has a lot of great transferrable skills and he does play with pace at times in bursts, but his skating is below NHL average according to multiple sources and my eye. I think he is gonna be a good versatile player in the NHL but just doesn't fit the scheme that CHI is planning to implement in the years to come. And I don't value him high enough to think this offer is enough. But again, I could be wrong. I'm not CHI's GM or head of scouting.
ChiHawk and Not_Isles5513 liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 1:42 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
I'm not undervaluing him. I had my heart set on CHI drafting him before you guys snagged him. I think he has a lot of great transferrable skills and he does play with pace at times in bursts, but his skating is below NHL average according to multiple sources and my eye. I think he is gonna be a good versatile player in the NHL but just doesn't fit the scheme that CHI is planning to implement in the years to come. And I don't value him high enough to think this offer is enough. But again, I could be wrong. I'm not CHI's GM or head of scouting.

His skating has improved dramatically and he looked good in camp last year. When he was with Karpat he was misused and he looked worse because of it. I think the Athletic did a good article about him and Karpat a year ago.
Garak liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 1:46 p.m.
Yeah but saying you want a one sided deal for the hawks on this site isn’t necessarily realistic either lok

I'm not saying I want a one sided deal, I'm saying the Hawks do. I don't want a deal at all. I like Debrincat and want him to stay in Chicago. I think the Hawks arn't going to let him go unless they're blown away by a trade offer. Hagel wasn't a fair deal either, but that's what it took to get him out of Chicago. A Debrincat trade is going to be even larger than that.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 1:53 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
I'm not saying I want a one sided deal, I'm saying the Hawks do. I don't want a deal at all. I like Debrincat and want him to stay in Chicago. I think the Hawks arn't going to let him go unless they're blown away by a trade offer. Hagel wasn't a fair deal either, but that's what it took to get him out of Chicago. A Debrincat trade is going to be even larger than that.

I don’t know that it was a bad deal by Tampa tho lol. If you have Vasilevsky then those picks should be in the mid twenties anyway.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 3:46 p.m.
I don’t know that it was a bad deal by Tampa tho lol. If you have Vasilevsky then those picks should be in the mid twenties anyway.

Probably not a bad deal (definitely wouldn't be viewed that way if Tampa won the cup), but I would personally say Hagel shouldn't really be worth any more than a 1st +.

He's played only 3 years in the NHL (one of those years was only 1 game), and only 108 games. In those games, he's accounted for 30 goals, and 31 points. You could point out that he's young, but he's only a year younger than Debrincat. He was having a career year in goals when he was moved at 21.

I liked Hagel, but I don't think he's worth what the Hawks got for him. Even if they are late firsts.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 8:12 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Probably not a bad deal (definitely wouldn't be viewed that way if Tampa won the cup), but I would personally say Hagel shouldn't really be worth any more than a 1st +.

He's played only 3 years in the NHL (one of those years was only 1 game), and only 108 games. In those games, he's accounted for 30 goals, and 31 points. You could point out that he's young, but he's only a year younger than Debrincat. He was having a career year in goals when he was moved at 21.

I liked Hagel, but I don't think he's worth what the Hawks got for him. Even if they are late firsts.

It’s more about Tampa’s cap situation than it is about Hagel

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll