Forums/Armchair-GM

Buh bye

Created by: MisstheWhalers
Team: 2022-23 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 23, 2022
Published: Jul. 1, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Would the Devils consider this? Probably not, Idk who you draft at 2nd overall, maybe one of those Czech/Slovak RHD, probably Wright though if the Habs take Slavkovsky. Fitzgerald seems like a smart GM, doubt he'd do this.

Personally I don't think Dubois will get as good of a return as some think he will.

I know Vesalainen signed in Sweden, just signed him here to retain his rights as I think thats the smart thing to do even if he never returns to the NHL.

Probably a bit of an overpay for Burakovsky but the Jets have to overpay in free agency and Burakovsky and Ehlers are buddies so ya never know.

If the goaltending held up which is doubtful but who knows AND Dvorak could hit the 50 point mark playing with Connor I don't think this Jets team would be any worse than it was this past season. Would need some growth from Perfetti obviously but that bottom six should be much better and the defense is tougher to play against which have been major problems for awhile for the Jets.

Jets are going nowhere for awhile anyway so trying to have some fun.

Please lets keep the comment constructive and respectful, Happy Canada 🇨🇦 Day!
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$825,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,000,000
6$6,500,000
Trades
WPG
  1. Armia, Joel
  2. Dvorak, Christian
  3. Mailloux, Logan [Reserve List]
  4. 2022 1st round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
I like Armia and think he'll rebound, its my post and I'll do what I want to... ?

Yes Mailloux deserves a second chance.
MTL
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc [RFA Rights]
WPG
  1. Denisenko, Grigori
  2. Gudas, Radko
  3. Hörnqvist, Patric
Additional Details:
Almost cap neutral for the Panthers, Hornqvist would need to waive obviously, not likely to happen but for this let's say it happens, perhaps the Jets could retain and send him somewhere else if there was an interested team.
FLA
  1. Wheeler, Blake
Additional Details:
Maurice gets his buddy back.
WPG
  1. Blackwood, Mackenzie
  2. Johnsson, Andreas
  3. 2022 1st round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. Hellebuyck, Connor
  2. 2022 1st round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. 2022 7th round pick (VAN)
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
Is DeMelo worth this?
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$81,362,024$0$1,200,000$1,137,976
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 2
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RW
UFA - 3
$875,000$875,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,800,000$2,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 1, 2022 at 4:03 p.m.
VAN decline, they are trying to shed salary.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 4:07 p.m.
Mr.
Habs decline, that's a very steep price to pay
Jul. 1, 2022 at 4:08 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: SMH

Really?
Jul. 1, 2022 at 4:09 p.m.
Mr.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Really?

Maybe not for a contending team but for the habs yes...
Jul. 1, 2022 at 4:10 p.m.
That's a pretty horrific return for Dubois, the Jets shouldn't be taking back a cap dump and a player with poor moral character.

The Jets should not be adding 14OA in the Hellebuyck trade.
Jets33 liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 4:14 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Maybe not for a contending team but for the habs yes...

Its a late 1st, a guy who's considered a cap dump in Armia, Dvorak who many consider a 3C and a prospect they're probably not going to sign anyway, how is that a steep price?
Jul. 1, 2022 at 4:14 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Windjammer
That's a pretty horrific return for Dubois, the Jets shouldn't be taking back a cap dump and a player with poor moral character.

The Jets should not be adding 14OA in the Hellebuyck trade.

Bucky alone wouldn't get the 2nd overall pick.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 4:40 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Bucky alone wouldn't get the 2nd overall pick.

Wright at 2 would make it all worthwhile
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 4:55 p.m.
Benzino204

Two overpaid forwards, a wasted 1st round pick with character issues, and a late first is an overpay for PLD?

Sure....
Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:03 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Birtle34

Wright, Slavkovsky, Jiricek or Nemec sound good to me.
Birtle34 liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:11 p.m.
realwheels_5
Habs would take the trade, alot lines up in it for them id they can get a long term extension from Dubois. The cap hits would both be around 8mill, Dubois can c/lw and has size, the two nhl players traded with fit a more defensive scheme from the jets new coach. The jets return will be diminished from the public comments, and mailloux is a legitiment 1st round talent so they get 2 firsts in this deal. Also the whole character issues is on both sides.. so thats a wash from that angle too. (Not comparing the character issues, just stating there is issues on both sides.)
Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

Honestly I doubt NJ would do this BUT any of Wright, Slavkovsky, Jiricek or Nemec would likely have a much bigger impact than who they'd get at #14 and arrive in the Jets lineup sooner plus if Helle is traded at say either of the next couple trade deadlines he's only going to get them some teams later 1st round pick and some extras that aren't super valuable.

Also the Jets are likely going nowhere the next couple years and I question if he'll age well, the thought of his next contract doesn't sit well with me.

A top 5 pick will turn this mess around sooner than keeping Helle will.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:27 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Honestly I doubt NJ would do this BUT any of Wright, Slavkovsky, Jiricek or Nemec would likely have a much bigger impact than who they'd get at #14 and arrive in the Jets lineup sooner plus if Helle is traded at say either of the next couple trade deadlines he's only going to get them some teams later 1st round pick and some extras that aren't super valuable.

Also the Jets are likely going nowhere the next couple years and I question if he'll age well, the thought of his next contract doesn't sit well with me.

A top 5 pick will turn this mess around sooner than keeping Helle will.

Ya 100 percent agree, devils or Philly pick, I would be all about it, I built one of these a while ago, with the bruins scenario from 15 where the jets acquired 13 and 15, looked interesting, but ya nothing compared to a top 5 pick, and that much talent and team control. Would be huge, take the drama of a Dubois and or a scheifele trade away.
MisstheWhalers and tsyls liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:38 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Ya 100 percent agree, devils or Philly pick, I would be all about it, I built one of these a while ago, with the bruins scenario from 15 where the jets acquired 13 and 15, looked interesting, but ya nothing compared to a top 5 pick, and that much talent and team control. Would be huge, take the drama of a Dubois and or a scheifele trade away.

Yeah, like the 14th overall pick will probably be a good player but is at least a year but likely more away.

Adding an impact guy next year or maybe even this year could change the outlook around this team a lot quicker than whoever they get at #14 who probably isn't a Jet till 23-24 at the earliest.

Getting a top 5 pick and drafting some kid that can replace Dubois at center or Wheeler on the wing or a much needed top pair RHD will have Jets fans forgetting about Dubois or Helle rather quickly imo.
Birtle34 liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:43 p.m.
Yeah, like the 14th overall pick will probably be a good player but is at least a year but likely more away.

Adding an impact guy next year or maybe even this year could change the outlook around this team a lot quicker than whoever they get at #14 who probably isn't a Jet till 23-24 at the earliest.

Getting a top 5 pick and drafting some kid that can replace Dubois at center or Wheeler on the wing or a much needed top pair RHD will have Jets fans forgetting about Dubois or Helle rather quickly imo.

I feel like NJ might do that trade. If they did I think the jets make out like bandits. If Wright is there I don’t see how you don’t take him, but I also love the two RHD. Best case scenario would be getting another top 5 pick along with NJ pick to try and get a C and a RHD but that’s an absolute pipe dream.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:51 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: tsyls
I feel like NJ might do that trade. If they did I think the jets make out like bandits. If Wright is there I don’t see how you don’t take him, but I also love the two RHD. Best case scenario would be getting another top 5 pick along with NJ pick to try and get a C and a RHD but that’s an absolute pipe dream.

Yeah I'm not sure if NJ would consider this but they could probably do worse, they'll still get a decent player with the 14th pick. Think I'd prefer Zacha but didn't feel like a bunch of complaining so took Johnsson instead who could help the Jets trash bottom six and takes some cap from NJ.

Personally if I'm Fitzgerald I keep the pick but this is all hypothetical so thought I'd propose something a bit different than all the same trades that are posted 50 times a day ad nauseum.. lol

Am I the only one who thinks signing Helle at 31 years old can only turn out bad for the Jets??
Birtle34 and tsyls liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 6:03 p.m.
Yeah I'm not sure if NJ would consider this but they could probably do worse, they'll still get a decent player with the 14th pick. Think I'd prefer Zacha but didn't feel like a bunch of complaining so took Johnsson instead who could help the Jets trash bottom six and takes some cap from NJ.

Personally if I'm Fitzgerald I keep the pick but this is all hypothetical so thought I'd propose something a bit different than all the same trades that are posted 50 times a day ad nauseum.. lol

Am I the only one who thinks signing Helle at 31 years old can only turn out bad for the Jets??

All comes down to the term on the deal. If it’s more than 3 years yeah, it could turn out ugly. I’d be elated if we could get the 2nd pick for helly and 14. Man woukd Wright/Cooley or Nemec/Jiricek look good on the jets.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 9:38 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe

Jets need to sell helly/Dubois/scheifele and anybody else who doesn’t like the direction. They need to start gambling on the 1st rounders after there elc. So custom 3 year elc, then gamble on a 5/8 year contract and sell with a year or two left and repeat. Fanbase enjoys the milestone nights, but would talk about that year for generations, when it all came together and brought the cup home.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:52 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Jets need to sell helly/Dubois/scheifele and anybody else who doesn’t like the direction. They need to start gambling on the 1st rounders after there elc. So custom 3 year elc, then gamble on a 5/8 year contract and sell with a year or two left and repeat. Fanbase enjoys the milestone nights, but would talk about that year for generations, when it all came together and brought the cup home.

How much do you think fans are going to enjoy watching boring hyper defensive hockey?

I know I shouldn't dump on the Bowness hiring before they even play a game but seriously other than bringing back papa Lowry this is one of the worst picks for a coach that Chip/Chev could've made imo. I didn't want Vincent hired but he'd of been a better pick than Bowness.

He's such a strange hire for this team and where it's at, Bowness doesn't seem like the kind of coach you bring in if you're going to do a short retool and move some younger players into the lineup but they're not really built to play his style of game either so is there going to be a bunch of moves to bring in a bunch of defensive minded grinders?.. 🙄

Plus with all the turmoil surrounding the team and unhappy players is hiring a guy like Bowness really going to ease any of that and show these guys a clear direction, I doubt it.

This seems like a 'good ol days' hire by Chipman or that Bowness was one of the few guys willing to come to Winnipeg for what they were offering, its probably a combination of both to be honest.

Can't imagine there'll be too many sellouts at the Canada Life Centre next season to watch boring hockey from a team that's destined for 5th or 6th place in their division, they're really going to need big regression from Minnesota or Nashville(which is possible) if there's going to be any chance of playoffs for this lost in the wilderness organization.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:55 a.m.
Really?

Its not but they really shouldn't do this when they need to tank and rebuild through the draft. The draft is so overhyped and every team is capped out. Ppl are going to the disappointed with the same lack of movement. Little will happen at the draft
Jul. 2, 2022 at 6:32 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
How much do you think fans are going to enjoy watching boring hyper defensive hockey?

I know I shouldn't dump on the Bowness hiring before they even play a game but seriously other than bringing back papa Lowry this is one of the worst picks for a coach that Chip/Chev could've made imo. I didn't want Vincent hired but he'd of been a better pick than Bowness.

He's such a strange hire for this team and where it's at, Bowness doesn't seem like the kind of coach you bring in if you're going to do a short retool and move some younger players into the lineup but they're not really built to play his style of game either so is there going to be a bunch of moves to bring in a bunch of defensive minded grinders?.. 🙄

Plus with all the turmoil surrounding the team and unhappy players is hiring a guy like Bowness really going to ease any of that and show these guys a clear direction, I doubt it.

This seems like a 'good ol days' hire by Chipman or that Bowness was one of the few guys willing to come to Winnipeg for what they were offering, its probably a combination of both to be honest.

Can't imagine there'll be too many sellouts at the Canada Life Centre next season to watch boring hockey from a team that's destined for 5th or 6th place in their division, they're really going to need big regression from Minnesota or Nashville(which is possible) if there's going to be any chance of playoffs for this lost in the wilderness organization.

I read too much into most things, but I wonder if jets take a swing basically as is possibly a Dillon or Schmidt trade, too open up a spot for lhd kids. In theory if they win a few more in the lost in ot/shootout category they are possibly a wildcard. Bowness is wpgs version of bringing in sutter in cgy. Poor man’s version of it, but possibly run this team out again, and a second round visit is a success, but sitting that much worse in a year. Scared of the fanbase, I’m kinda lost on this one. I would have canned Chevy, brought in trotz with Hamilton from tb, and give them a hashed up effort between the two. Give the bench to trotz for a season, while they figure out roster and leave a door open to president and Hamilton is the other half of the combo. Then have a coach waiting in the wings if it’s a fire sale to grow with next lineup.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll