SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Off-season Discussion Thread - #4

Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: DirtyDangle
the only question is does muzzin waive. he's a home town boy on a team that's trending upwards. slightly different scenario for mcdonagh.

I believe he would waive but it would be to a team like NYI or LA not a team like Detroit, Arizona, etc.

Basically he would want to go to a contender and not a rebuilding team

Honestly would not be surprised if St. Louis is taking a peak as they were in on McDonagh
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
So it seems Tampa plan to use Myers

Watch him rebound to his rookie year and make Nashville look like fools
Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:36 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: aadoyle
Muzzin got hurt mainly because he was overworked. He got all the tough assignments

With Giordano added that changed. Muzzin playing less minutes and being with Brodie was significantly better and showed hes still got it. Sandin is not ready to play 20minutes a night or ready to be a shutdown Dman and Giordano at this point is better in a third pairing role.

Next season I see the following

Rielly-Liligren
Muzzin-Brodie
Giordano-Sandin

“Because he was overworked” doesn’t change the fact he is a shell of his former self. Yes, he looked ok in the playoffs with Brodie but at this point in his career with all of his injuries you can’t count of him. If they keep Muzzin this offseason, calling it now, will come back to bite them next season.

Especially if they can’t get Sandin resigned if he doesn’t want to play on his offside, or lack of mins, or place in the lineup, whatever is holding up these negotiations.

Agree to disagree tho, all good
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:46 p.m.
the only question is does muzzin waive. he's a home town boy on a team that's trending upwards. slightly different scenario for mcdonagh.

If they present it to him properly, I don't think it's impossible. Especially with the NTC becoming modified next year. Would you rather have more say in your destination now, or play out a year where you probably won't be an everyday player and that you know they want to move you? Then have less say when you're inevitably moved anyway?
DirtyDangle liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:49 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
JFresh believes P.Myers will be bought out, is that likely?

They actually gain 600k in cap space by doing so and only receive a 600k dead cap next season (so temporary gain and negligible dead cap).

Edit: CJohnston now confirms Tampa will elect to keep Myers.. mmm.. honestly I’d buy him out after seeing the benefit.

As long as it doesn't mess with their plans for this year, I could see this being a good decision. He's definitely better than recent history would suggest and with him being an RFA without much leverage, they could turn this into a favorable situation.
Db1899 and yikes liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:54 p.m.
retired
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
As long as it doesn't mess with their plans for this year, I could see this being a good decision. He's definitely better than recent history would suggest and with him being an RFA without much leverage, they could turn this into a favorable situation.

they can probably get away with it this season. next season is when the big cap crunch is coming.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
they can probably get away with it this season. next season is when the big cap crunch is coming.

By then Muzzin is probs gone as Teams will be more willing to take on a 1 year deal vs a 2 year

Or Muzzin may suffer an injury and be forced to retire who knows

But I would rather keep him this year and have Sandin on his offside then next year start to make some cap moves
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:58 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
By then Muzzin is probs gone as Teams will be more willing to take on a 1 year deal vs a 2 year

Or Muzzin may suffer an injury and be forced to retire who knows

But I would rather keep him this year and have Sandin on his offside then next year start to make some cap moves

Or heck maybe its gonna be this year as apparently were connected to

Chycrun + Miller
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:58 p.m.
retired

oh i meant tampa. cerelli, cernank, and serg are up for extensions.
aadoyle liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
oh i meant tampa. cerelli, cernank, and serg are up for extensions.

Oh right right

Well in that case

My guess is Killorn is gona and his money is divided up between Cirelli and Cernak. Myers wont get qualified and his money probs goes to Sergechev's extension. And with the mill left they sign a cheap guy
Jul. 3, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.

Exactly. That's why I could see how keeping him rather than buying him out could end up working out for them.
DirtyDangle liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 5:02 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Why is Blackwood trending?

I know there was talks with him going to Toronto and Campbell going to NJ but I thought that was shot down by that NJ reporter

To me Blackwood only works if Toronto can get Fleury to tandem with him
Jul. 3, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
retired
Why is Blackwood trending?

I know there was talks with him going to Toronto and Campbell going to NJ but I thought that was shot down by that NJ reporter

To me Blackwood only works if Toronto can get Fleury to tandem with him

im guessing nj gets husso/campbell with the other one going to edmonton. blackwood asked for a trade last season so i think he's gone.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 5:06 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
im guessing nj gets husso/campbell with the other one going to edmonton. blackwood asked for a trade last season so i think he's gone.

Isnt Bernier coming back though so its probs Campbell/Daws until Bernier returns (if he goes)

As for Husso it seems the 3 teams who could land him

1. Edmonton
2. Toronto
3. New Jersey

I got a feeling its Edmonton

So as for how the goalie markets gonna go

NO IDEA
Jul. 3, 2022 at 5:47 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason

Myers played well on the Flyers , I can see him turn into a solid #5 D.
yikes, AndrewLadd, MatthewsFan and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 5:49 p.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
They need another Ceci-esque defender

I’ll take sentences nobody has ever said for 500 Alex
yikes, LeafsFanForSomeReason, BeterChiarelli and 6 others liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:04 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

Alfie11, LeafsFanForSomeReason, Db1899 and 4 others liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:07 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: Tintin
If he doesn't have too much against living in Canada, I could see Edmonton being a decent option.
Holland doesn't seem to mind guys with questionable reputations.
If Barrie gets moved, TDA would be a great fit for the Oilers.

??? we already have Bouchard and Barrie so there is 0 need for another offensive dman
Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:07 p.m.
Quoting: yikes

Had me in the first half lol
oilersguy and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:08 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

oilersguy liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:16 p.m.
Necas and Bear for Garland seems like something the canes would do
Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:16 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Alfie11
I’ll take sentences nobody has ever said for 500 Alex

It's absolutely shocking but the entire hockey world got Ceci wrong. His time in Pittsburgh did wonders for his game. There were more times than I could count this season and during the postseason where I wish we could clone him and have two.
oilersguy liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:19 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Db1899
Necas and Bear for Garland seems like something the canes would do

Might need a pick going back to Carolina but I don't hate that at all for the Canucks. I doubt Carolina fans on here would be privy to trading Necas away for anything other than a bonafide top-line forward though.
Hurricanes_WPG liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:23 p.m.
Might need a pick going back to Carolina but I don't hate that at all for the Canucks. I doubt Carolina fans on here would be privy to trading Necas away for anything other than a bonafide top-line forward though.

I think The canes would value Garland more than most of the league. He’s a borderline elite play driver 5v5 and he scores at a top line rate.

Necas has a lot of skill, but he’s been pretty bad since entering the league
Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

Quoting: Db1899
I think The canes would value Garland more than most of the league. He’s a borderline elite play driver 5v5 and he scores at a top line rate.

Necas has a lot of skill, but he’s been pretty bad since entering the league

I think Necas has a lot more to give in a new scenery. I mean 203GP 45g74a 119p is not too shabby for a 23yo.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll