Forums/Armchair-GM

Dubas Gambles on Campbell and Trades Nylander for Konecny

Created by: OldNYIfan
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 1, 2022
Published: Jul. 2, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Kyle Dubas gambles that Jack Campbell is the answer in goal and that Jake Muzzin can play at least 75% of the games in the regular season.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$1,750,000
3$1,600,000
3$1,500,000
1$874,125
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$4,950,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (CHI)
CHI
  1. Mrázek, Petr
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (TOR)
  3. 2024 7th round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Duhaime, Brandon
Additional Details:
Toronto gets a cheap bottom-6 NHL forward and sufficient cap space for a 23rd player. Minnesota can always use a decent center prospect.
MIN
  1. Steeves, Alex
  2. 2022 7th round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
The Toronto scouting staff can't waste almost the entire second day just sitting around the Montreal Forum waiting for the 118th pick.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$81,343,250$212,500$0$1,156,750
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$4,950,000$4,950,000
G
UFA - 5
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 2, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Or Blake believes the cost for Chychrun is too high and trades Iafallo + Thomas for Muzzin.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 3:49 p.m.
Im all for trading Nylander and Konecy is a good stat. I feel flyers would have to add a little more. Maybe Laughton.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 3:51 p.m.
That 4th line is atroicous lmao. Like rest of team tho. Would want macewen + 3rd instead of alison. Also duhaime should be playign over clifford/simmonds
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 3:53 p.m.
the leafs arnt downgrading badly if they trade nylander
Jul. 2, 2022 at 3:54 p.m.
There is not a lot of incentive for Chicago to take on that contract.
OldNYIfan and TheRealisticGuy liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
OldNYIfan - I've been a user for only several day. I'd be grateful if you could tell me how to enter a team explanation to team proposals you post. I've poked around around but I have not been able to determine how to do that. Thanks.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:04 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: gmurrayt
There is not a lot of incentive for Chicago to take on that contract.

Yeah, I should definitely have added a near-NHL prospect there. The 2024 picks are too distant; Chicago should get an immediate benefit.
gmurrayt liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:07 p.m.
CoachQ
Take away that draft choice that goes back to Toronto for Mrazek and Chicago accepts.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:10 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: gdli
OldNYIfan - I've been a user for only several day. I'd be grateful if you could tell me how to enter a team explanation to team proposals you post. I've poked around around but I have not been able to determine how to do that. Thanks.

When you start the Create a Team routine, after you enter your team identification (like here, "Dubas Gambles" etc.), you click and then you get the master form. Unfortunately, the Team Explanation is misleadingly mis-labelled "Description" on that display. And it sits in a little three-line window that makes it impossible to see the entire effort if you try to explain a lot, as many of us do. (I was uncharacteristically terse with this post.) As an adjunct to that, you should know that if you practice-print a copy before publishing your work, the Description won't print out entirely, but just the words visible in the window.

Welcome to CapFriendly and enjoy!
gdli liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:11 p.m.
Banned
Minnesota blocks your number. Not a chance Minnesota is trading a young player like Brandon duhaime, on elc seen as Marcus foligno. Leafs fans continue to be funny. Minnesota has no incentive to do this. Some nobody c prospect that would be an NHL player.
gdli liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:12 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: CoachQ
Take away that draft choice that goes back to Toronto for Mrazek and Chicago accepts.

Naaah, I should add a prospect, as I told/agreed with @gmurrayt. I just have a little OCD with aesthetics, and it was to make the draft pick chart look pretty to me. See the symmetry?
gmurrayt liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:14 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Wildnochance
Minnesota blocks your number. Not a chance Minnesota is trading a young player like Brandon duhaime, on elc seen as Marcus foligno. Leafs fans continue to be funny. Minnesota has no incentive to do this. Some nobody c prospect that would be an NHL player.

Always a pleasure to read your comments.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:23 p.m.
CoachQ
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Yeah, I should definitely have added a near-NHL prospect there. The 2024 picks are too distant; Chicago should get an immediate benefit.

Don't think the Hawks would give up a most likely high 3rd to only move up a few places for the 2nd. If you make that 7th round pick a 4th, maybe. It's an obvious cap dump of Mrazek, so the Hawks have some leverage (we've been on the other end for years, so it's nice to have a little leverage).
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:27 p.m.
Banned
Always a pleasure to read your comments.

You should watch more wild games. He played every game as a rookie including in the playoff. He was even played in Wild's top 4 because of injury. So he's not a 23rd forward. Wild love him and see him as the next Marcus foligno. Ps: normally wild don't treat rookie as good as they did with Brandon duhaime.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:33 p.m.
When you start the Create a Team routine, after you enter your team identification (like here, "Dubas Gambles" etc.), you click and then you get the master form. Unfortunately, the Team Explanation is misleadingly mis-labelled "Description" on that display. And it sits in a little three-line window that makes it impossible to see the entire effort if you try to explain a lot, as many of us do. (I was uncharacteristically terse with this post.) As an adjunct to that, you should know that if you practice-print a copy before publishing your work, the Description won't print out entirely, but just the words visible in the window.

Welcome to CapFriendly and enjoy!

Your response definitely gets a like. In fact I'm going to try to register a second. I hope it worked. I think it did. For the Record: Ranger fan since 1956. First Game attended: 3/9/58 - Rangers/Wings -- three days before my seventh birthday a three weeks to the day before Mr. Hockey's 30th. Wings prevailed 4-2. Gordie netted one for the Wings - and Andy Bathgate (whose #9 most assuredly deserves it place up in the Garden rafters) netted one for the for the Blueshirts. Thanks again and enjoy your holiday weekend.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:35 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: CoachQ
Don't think the Hawks would give up a most likely high 3rd to only move up a few places for the 2nd. If you make that 7th round pick a 4th, maybe. It's an obvious cap dump of Mrazek, so the Hawks have some leverage (we've been on the other end for years, so it's nice to have a little leverage).

If I was being 100% serious, I would have done Mrazek and the Winnipeg third for Chicago's 2022 seventh so that the BlackHawk draft table could get an early start on the pub crawl. I think that's the real value.
CoachQ liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 4:45 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Your response definitely gets a like. In fact I'm going to try to register a second. I hope it worked. I think it did. For the Record: Ranger fan since 1956. First Game attended: 3/9/58 - Rangers/Wings -- three days before my seventh birthday a three weeks to the day before Mr. Hockey's 30th. Wings prevailed 4-2. Gordie netted one for the Wings - and Andy Bathgate (whose #9 most assuredly deserves it place up in the Garden rafters) netted one for the for the Blueshirts. Thanks again and enjoy your holiday weekend.

Naaah, your second "like" hit the one antagonistic Wild fan in their entire fanbase. (In my experience, the Minnesota guys are otherwise universally the nicest members of CapFriendly.) I outdate you in age by 3 years but didn't start following hockey until the Islander expansion, so you and I have shared some memorable experiences!! You'll remember when in the early days of cable tv, NYC residents got the Boston feed (all Red Sox, Celtic and Bruins games), the Philadelphia feed (all Phillies, 76ers and Flyers games), the Chicago feed (all Cubs, Bulls and BlackHawk games) and the two NY feeds (Yankees, Mets, KKnicks, Nets, Islanders and Rangers), all for the low, low price of $9.95 per month. I still have a Betamax tape recording of the 5-overtime playoff game the Islanders won on a Pat LaFontaine turnaround shot. CapFriendly for me is like Faceshnook or Tweeter to the youngsters.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 6:51 p.m.
Briere Masterclass
Quoting: AJax_
Im all for trading Nylander and Konecy is a good stat. I feel flyers would have to add a little more. Maybe Laughton.

I agree that the Flyers need to add but if Laughton gets added the Flyers would need to get more
Jul. 2, 2022 at 7:58 p.m.
Naaah, your second "like" hit the one antagonistic Wild fan in their entire fanbase. (In my experience, the Minnesota guys are otherwise universally the nicest members of CapFriendly.) I outdate you in age by 3 years but didn't start following hockey until the Islander expansion, so you and I have shared some memorable experiences!! You'll remember when in the early days of cable tv, NYC residents got the Boston feed (all Red Sox, Celtic and Bruins games), the Philadelphia feed (all Phillies, 76ers and Flyers games), the Chicago feed (all Cubs, Bulls and BlackHawk games) and the two NY feeds (Yankees, Mets, KKnicks, Nets, Islanders and Rangers), all for the low, low price of $9.95 per month. I still have a Betamax tape recording of the 5-overtime playoff game the Islanders won on a Pat LaFontaine turnaround shot. CapFriendly for me is like Faceshnook or Tweeter to the youngsters.

I do remember well. You should have tried to follow the puck in the 50s on a black and white when they used kinescope to deliver the video. It was tough. The announcer in those days was Win Elliot. In the future, I will, from time to time a thrill you with some of my Ranger reminiscences. I'd like to hear some of yours. too. I remember that games a well. If I recall it ended about 2:15AM the following day. On of the greatest Stanley Cup overtime games ever played to be sure. Before I sign off, I saw something today that I think you'll be interested. There will be 3 home and homers on the NYR schedule for 22-23; the Isles, the Devils and the Bruins. Now the reason for Isles and the Devils is obvious, but you have to be a Rangers fan of a certain vintage to understand the Bruins. Back in the original six era (and I bore witness to the second half of that era), teams played a 70 games schedule playing cash of the other five 14 times, 7 home, 7 away. The NHL tried to include 2 home and homes with each team every year. It didn't always work, conflicts with that basketball teams, the circus, the rode, the Ice Capades ......... By the mid 50's the Rangers and Bruins would be rated 5 and 6 in the league. They each made the playoffs occasionally. They also had the two toughest team, and I'm not talkin about the Federal League. So now I'll get to why the Bruins. In those days the Bruins played their weekend home games on Saturday Night, the Rangers at MSG (#3) on Sunday nights. I have a vivid memory of watching a Saturday Night Rangers-Bruins tilt that included several 10-rounders. Al so watching with me was my father, my younger brother, my uncle and his two boys. Sitting the table were six tickets for the return match at MSG the following night. With regard to the fisticuffs, they generally picked up where they left off. Oh those were the days my friend. Keep in touch!!
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 2, 2022 at 8:03 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I do remember well. You should have tried to follow the puck in the 50s on a black and white when they used kinescope to deliver the video. It was tough. The announcer in those days was Win Elliot. In the future, I will, from time to time a thrill you with some of my Ranger reminiscences. I'd like to hear some of yours. too. I remember that games a well. If I recall it ended about 2:15AM the following day. On of the greatest Stanley Cup overtime games ever played to be sure. Before I sign off, I saw something today that I think you'll be interested. There will be 3 home and homers on the NYR schedule for 22-23; the Isles, the Devils and the Bruins. Now the reason for Isles and the Devils is obvious, but you have to be a Rangers fan of a certain vintage to understand the Bruins. Back in the original six era (and I bore witness to the second half of that era), teams played a 70 games schedule playing cash of the other five 14 times, 7 home, 7 away. The NHL tried to include 2 home and homes with each team every year. It didn't always work, conflicts with that basketball teams, the circus, the rode, the Ice Capades ......... By the mid 50's the Rangers and Bruins would be rated 5 and 6 in the league. They each made the playoffs occasionally. They also had the two toughest team, and I'm not talkin about the Federal League. So now I'll get to why the Bruins. In those days the Bruins played their weekend home games on Saturday Night, the Rangers at MSG (#3) on Sunday nights. I have a vivid memory of watching a Saturday Night Rangers-Bruins tilt that included several 10-rounders. Al so watching with me was my father, my younger brother, my uncle and his two boys. Sitting the table were six tickets for the return match at MSG the following night. With regard to the fisticuffs, they generally picked up where they left off. Oh those were the days my friend. Keep in touch!!

God bless you and yours and Happy Fourth of July!
Jul. 2, 2022 at 11:40 p.m.
I know I can't type, but I hope this is not the first sign of dementia. I' have to construct future memes where I can spell check them. Hope you got the gist. Best Regards.
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll