Forums/Armchair-GM

Hawks Fans what is the return

Created by: Hullsy09
Team: 2022-23 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 2, 2022
Published: Jul. 2, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just keep in mind, that there are younger options on the market like fiala (already traded), debrincat, Miller, scheif/PLD, ect that the younger teams with the best prospect pools (ect New Jersey) will prefer over Kane, so there won’t be a ton of competition for him. I think Kane fits Pittsburgh better than say New Jersey because Kane and Pitt have similar timelines of when they will be competing/elite. So with that being said, what does the return look like (Pitt can negotiate a deal before the trade) ?
Trades
PIT
  1. Kane, Patrick ($5,250,000 retained)
CHI
    ????
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    17$82,500,000$55,166,842$0$0$27,333,158
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $5,125,000$5,125,000
    RW, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $3,125,000$3,125,000
    RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $2,200,000$2,200,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
    -$2,625,000-$2,625,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,875,000$4,875,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $4,400,000$4,400,000
    RD
    UFA - 5
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $4,100,000$4,100,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $4,025,175$4,025,175
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $775,000$775,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 9:33 p.m.
    I'm going to guess it starts with 2 firsts, one for Kane and one for retention, POJ, and their choice of any F prospect(excluding Nylander obviously).
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 9:39 p.m.
    Quoting: Pags71
    I'm going to guess it starts with 2 firsts, one for Kane and one for retention, POJ, and their choice of any F prospect(excluding Nylander obviously).

I just can’t see Hextall giving up 2 firsts, but I don’t think it’s necessary. I think a first a couple mid round picks and a prospect could get it done
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 9:48 p.m.
    Quoting: Hullsy09
    I just can’t see Hextall giving up 2 firsts, but I don’t think it’s necessary. I think a first a couple mid round picks and a prospect could get it done

I was trying to answer from the Hawks side. I agree that Hex doesn't do that, but from their side, the only reason for them to even move Kane is to get a huge haul for the future. They don't have to move him and can hold out for more, unlike guys like Fiala and Miller who are cap casualties and need(ed) to be moved.
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 9:52 p.m.
    exo2769
    Hawks fan and I preface this with I'm trying to be honest. I like Blomqvist, but Poulin, Legare, JPO, etc.... none of them are of interest. It'll likely have to take two 1sts. Or a 1st Blomqvist and a 2nd. There just aren't many pieces the Hawks truly want.
    Hullsy09 and Garak liked this.
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 9:53 p.m.
    I was trying to answer from the Hawks side. I agree that Hex doesn't do that, but from their side, the only reason for them to even move Kane is to get a huge haul for the future. They don't have to move him and can hold out for more, unlike guys like Fiala and Miller who are cap casualties and need(ed) to be moved.

But at the end of the day I think they will take the best offer for Kane (assuming he wants to move, but I think he does/will want to move as it sounds like debrincat being traded is a sure thing and Toews sounds like he wants to be moved), and I don’t see anyone offering 2 firsts + for Kane
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 9:58 p.m.
    Quoting: exo2769
    Hawks fan and I preface this with I'm trying to be honest. I like Blomqvist, but Poulin, Legare, JPO, etc.... none of them are of interest. It'll likely have to take two 1sts. Or a 1st Blomqvist and a 2nd. There just aren't many pieces the Hawks truly want.

I appreciate the honesty.

I think Blomqvist is worth a first right now. Originally drafted in the second but after a superb season in Liiga his value is at least a very early second to a first. I think management is extremely high on him - that’s why they felt comfortable trading away Calle Clang in the Rakell trade. Maybe something like a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, and Broz (last years second round pick, extremely high skill level but had a tough first season in college, still has a ton of potential tho) ?
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:02 p.m.
    But at the end of the day I think they will take the best offer for Kane (assuming he wants to move, but I think he does/will want to move as it sounds like debrincat being traded is a sure thing and Toews sounds like he wants to be moved), and I don’t see anyone offering 2 firsts + for Kane

I hope you're right, would love Kane here. And JR still has a job so 2 firsts isn't impossible...he gave up 1 for Kap, 1 for Brassard and another for Reaves, so...lol
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:04 p.m.
    I hope you're right, would love Kane here. And JR still has a job so 2 firsts isn't impossible...he gave up 1 for Kap, 1 for Brassard and another for Reaves, so...lol

He did make some brutal trades lol, I think if he were still with Pitt this is a good one he would make
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:06 p.m.
    Considering he has full control, if he were to request a trade and PIT were one of only a few teams he were willing to go to, that might reduce CHI's leverage. I kind of want to say the return might be similar to what Philly got for Giroux but Kane is definitely more valuable than him for various reasons. I really don't know what it would take, off the top of my head. At least one 1st round pick, and at least one high end prospect, would be a good place to start. There might be some players around 21OA this year that CHI would be interested in. But I doubt a deal for Kane gets done before the draft next week unless DeBrincat gets traded right now and Kane asks for a trade tomorrow and everything comes together quickly. But depending on who PIT picks at 21OA, that player could be of interest.

Idk... haha. Your guess is as good as mine at this point.
    Hullsy09 and exo2769 liked this.
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:10 p.m.
    Chicago
    Colorado and NYR have already been reported to have interest in Kane. While he has an NMC, there will still be suitors. Pittsburgh is probably not a fit, I think it's between NYR and Colorado.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:11 p.m.
    Quoting: Garak
    Considering he has full control, if he were to request a trade and PIT were one of only a few teams he were willing to go to, that might reduce CHI's leverage. I kind of want to say the return might be similar to what Philly got for Giroux but Kane is definitely more valuable than him for various reasons. I really don't know what it would take, off the top of my head. At least one 1st round pick, and at least one high end prospect, would be a good place to start. There might be some players around 21OA this year that CHI would be interested in. But I doubt a deal for Kane gets done before the draft next week unless DeBrincat gets traded right now and Kane asks for a trade tomorrow and everything comes together quickly. But depending on who PIT picks at 21OA, that player could be of interest.

Idk... haha. Your guess is as good as mine at this point.

This trade would have to happen after the draft, so it would start with 2023 first round pick. Depending on who Pitt picks at 21OA they very well could be available, unless it is the #1 guy available that Pitt wanted and Hextall says he is off limits.

Idk I just see a world where Debrincat has been described as “if, not when” with regards to being traded. And I think if he gets traded Toews will request a trade (if he hasn’t done so privately already) because he seems very disinterested with a rebuild. And I think if that happens PK88 will also request a trade. At this point it may be mid way - late into the summer and all of the big names who are going to go will have went. Gaudreau may have signed in NJD, Debrincat may have been traded to ottawa. Who knows what could happen.
    Garak liked this.
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:12 p.m.
    Quoting: NickC1988
    Colorado and NYR have already been reported to have interest in Kane. While he has an NMC, there will still be suitors. Pittsburgh is probably not a fit, I think it's between NYR and Colorado.

What makes you say Pitt is not a fit? Also NYR have been “reportedly in” on literally every single player who has been on the market so I’m not putting to much weight into any NYR rumours. I think NYR would prefer to go after someone a bit younger, at least I think it would be a mistake to go after Kane for them. They are just entering their window of contention, they shouldn’t go after a 33 year old imo
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:15 p.m.
    Chicago
    What makes you say Pitt is not a fit? Also NYR have been “reportedly in” on literally every single player who has been on the market so I’m not putting to much weight into any NYR rumours. I think NYR would prefer to go after someone a bit younger, at least I think it would be a mistake to go after Kane for them. They are just entering their window of contention, they shouldn’t go after a 33 year old imo

I'd actually put a lot of weight into the NYR rumors because Kane and Panarin loved playing together, and NYR certainly has the high end assets to make a deal work. It makes perfect sense for them to get Kane and provide stanley cup winning experience in a young locker room. Kane and Panarin having insane chemistry together is an added bonus.
    Garak and exo2769 liked this.
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:21 p.m.
    I'd actually put a lot of weight into the NYR rumors because Kane and Panarin loved playing together, and NYR certainly has the high end assets to make a deal work. It makes perfect sense for them to get Kane and provide stanley cup winning experience in a young locker room. Kane and Panarin having insane chemistry together is an added bonus.

Kane and Panarin certainly have great chemistry together, but I think that is not a reason you should go out and make a trade.

If managed correctly, the rangers can be competitive for the next 15 years. Around players like fox, lafreniere, and shesty. They shouldn’t be trading futures for a guy who is 33. If you want experience, go out and get a coliano/helm/Jack Johnson type. That is how a young team looking to start competing should look to add experience to the locker room IMO. If the rangers trade futures for a player, it should be someone who can be around for a long, long time.
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:23 p.m.
    This trade would have to happen after the draft, so it would start with 2023 first round pick. Depending on who Pitt picks at 21OA they very well could be available, unless it is the #1 guy available that Pitt wanted and Hextall says he is off limits.

Idk I just see a world where Debrincat has been described as “if, not when” with regards to being traded. And I think if he gets traded Toews will request a trade (if he hasn’t done so privately already) because he seems very disinterested with a rebuild. And I think if that happens PK88 will also request a trade. At this point it may be mid way - late into the summer and all of the big names who are going to go will have went. Gaudreau may have signed in NJD, Debrincat may have been traded to ottawa. Who knows what could happen.

Exactly. Who knows what everything will look like at that point. But I do know one thing, it is going to take a massive haul to get DeBrincat out of CHI. So it is possible no one is willing to pay the price and he stays in CHI. In which case it is less likely that Kane leaves. Toews on the other hand... Who knows? I think a lot of Toews comments have been way over blown by fans and the media. I think it is still possible he comes around to the idea of a rebuild and sticks around. But I also think he could contribute a lot more to a contender than a lot of hockey fans give him credit for. And if chasing more cups at the end of his career is what he would rather do, he has earned that right.
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:24 p.m.
    Chicago
    Kane and Panarin certainly have great chemistry together, but I think that is not a reason you should go out and make a trade.

If managed correctly, the rangers can be competitive for the next 15 years. Around players like fox, lafreniere, and shesty. They shouldn’t be trading futures for a guy who is 33. If you want experience, go out and get a coliano/helm/Jack Johnson type. That is how a young team looking to start competing should look to add experience to the locker room IMO. If the rangers trade futures for a player, it should be someone who can be around for a long, long time.

There is a big difference between Cogliano, Helm, Jack Johnson, and Patrick Kane. The Rangers have enough depth players, and enough players that will be around for a long time. They need one more forward to push them over the edge, and Kane would be one of their best options via trade. Free agents will want term, Kane won't need term.
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:33 p.m.
    Quoting: Garak
    Exactly. Who knows what everything will look like at that point. But I do know one thing, it is going to take a massive haul to get DeBrincat out of CHI. So it is possible no one is willing to pay the price and he stays in CHI. In which case it is less likely that Kane leaves. Toews on the other hand... Who knows? I think a lot of Toews comments have been way over blown by fans and the media. I think it is still possible he comes around to the idea of a rebuild and sticks around. But I also think he could contribute a lot more to a contender than a lot of hockey fans give him credit for. And if chasing more cups at the end of his career is what he would rather do, he has earned that right.

Obviously I don’t know the guy, but I just think he’s one of the most competitive guys ever and always wants to win. He is still an elite 3C on a cup contender, probably even a 2C
    Garak liked this.
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:36 p.m.
    There is a big difference between Cogliano, Helm, Jack Johnson, and Patrick Kane. The Rangers have enough depth players, and enough players that will be around for a long time. They need one more forward to push them over the edge, and Kane would be one of their best options via trade. Free agents will want term, Kane won't need term.

They also need a center, and bringing in Kane destroys any chance of bringing back copp/strome. I also think it would be extremely difficult to resign Kane with LAF/Jones/Miller/Schneider/Kaako/Chytil needs deals soon, one or two of those guys are probably going back in the deal but still. I respect your point tho
    Jul. 2, 2022 at 10:46 p.m.

That makes a lot of sense, but there might be one looming problem. In the past week or so there's been a lot of talk in the local media(I live just outside NYC) that there may be an issue between Panarin and Drury and that the unthinkable of moving him isn't entirely out of the question. I honestly doubt he goes anywhere, but if the dissension rumors are true at all, it changes things as far as bringing in Kane. at the moment.
    Hullsy09 liked this.
    Jul. 3, 2022 at 2:47 p.m.
    exo2769
    They also need a center, and bringing in Kane destroys any chance of bringing back copp/strome. I also think it would be extremely difficult to resign Kane with LAF/Jones/Miller/Schneider/Kaako/Chytil needs deals soon, one or two of those guys are probably going back in the deal but still. I respect your point tho

The thing is that Patrick Kane is literally the best (Realistic) piece the NYR could find. Sure McDavid, but that's not realistic. The NYR need primary assist playmakers. Kane was 4th in the NHL in Primary Assists. Yes, they need a #2C as well, but I'm pretty dang sure that if Debrincat and Kaner are gone...Toews wouldn't mind heading to the Rangers as well. They'd of course need AZ/BUF/ANA or some team to jump in and eat cap space, but that shouldn't be hard to find because it's 1 year of cap and their salary is minuscule. The Hawks just paid $4M to each of them two days ago for their signing bonus...only $2.9M left to pay and the Hawks will eat half of that so 25% would mean a TOTAL of $1.45M for a team to eat salary wise.
    NickC1988 liked this.
    Jul. 4, 2022 at 11:40 a.m.
    Chicago
    That makes a lot of sense, but there might be one looming problem. In the past week or so there's been a lot of talk in the local media(I live just outside NYC) that there may be an issue between Panarin and Drury and that the unthinkable of moving him isn't entirely out of the question. I honestly doubt he goes anywhere, but if the dissension rumors are true at all, it changes things as far as bringing in Kane. at the moment.

I've heard those rumors as well, I don't think Panarin gets moved, that's a hard contract to trade away.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll