SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Allen to EDM

Created by: Segar48
Published: Jul. 2, 2022 at 11:45 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams does not meet the minimum 3 goaltender requirement

Logo of the Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Holloway, DylanWaivers ExemptEdmonton OilersMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Allen, JakeMontreal CanadiensNHL-$2,859,543011-------00
Poehling, RyanMontreal CanadiensNHL-$745,968011---0000--
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMTL)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,130,205153444349
Change-$3,605,511211010
Final$3,524,694 (↓)17 (↑)35 (↑)45 (↑)35 (↑)9000

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Allen, JakeMontreal CanadiensNHL-$2,859,543011-------00
Poehling, RyanMontreal CanadiensNHL-$745,968011---0000--
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMTL)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Holloway, DylanWaivers ExemptEdmonton OilersMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,923,3341933515917
Change$3,605,511-2-1-10-10
Final$5,528,845 (↑)17 (↓)32 (↓)50 (↓)58 (↓)17000
Jul. 2, 2022 at 11:57 p.m.
A top prospect for a broken goalie, a B prospect and a second? C'mon man..............
Jul. 3, 2022 at 12:44 a.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
A top prospect for a broken goalie, a B prospect and a second? C'mon man..............

Well first of all Oilers need a goaltender bad and I have no clue why you're saying he's broken, he's actually pretty reliable and on a very friendly contract.
Poehling still has ways to go but I see him as a 3rd line center in 1-2 years.
That second round pick is #33.

What would YOU ask for "top prospect" Holloway then?
Just_A_Guess liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:12 a.m.
I don't know about the value of this trade but having Holloway as center could be a good idea. Was he not one of Caufield team mate once ? Could be interesting to see if he's able to play wing with Suzuki and Caufield maybe ?
Jul. 3, 2022 at 10:04 a.m.
Quoting: Segar48
Well first of all Oilers need a goaltender bad and I have no clue why you're saying he's broken, he's actually pretty reliable and on a very friendly contract.

I'm not saying he's an NHL overall top prospect, but he is within the top 5 of EDM's pool. Allen wasn't good last year, and was injured, and he hasn't carried a starting goaltender workload in the previous 3 seasons to that. EDM isn't going to give up one of their top prospects to take a chance on a goalie turning it around. They need to turn their picks and prospects into as sure a thing as they can. Poehling does nothing for them, as they only play the Leafs twice a year LOL (hope you get that reference)

Look at it this way, would you trade Ylonen or Guhle for a package like this? Cause those are prospects on his level
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:41 p.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
I'm not saying he's an NHL overall top prospect, but he is within the top 5 of EDM's pool. Allen wasn't good last year, and was injured, and he hasn't carried a starting goaltender workload in the previous 3 seasons to that. EDM isn't going to give up one of their top prospects to take a chance on a goalie turning it around. They need to turn their picks and prospects into as sure a thing as they can. Poehling does nothing for them, as they only play the Leafs twice a year LOL (hope you get that reference)

Look at it this way, would you trade Ylonen or Guhle for a package like this? Cause those are prospects on his level

I think you're not being very fair with Jake Allen, he was pretty good with the team he had in front, especially the defense. While I know he may never be a starter again, I think he proved to be a reliable 35-games goalie. Oilers just lost their goalie tandem and they badly need someone between the pipes.

As for Holloway, he's bound to be a 3rd line center at best with the oilers, they are stacked on center and that's why I think they may want to deal him for actual needs.

And I don't think you can compare the situation the two teams are in... Habs are starting a rebuild so they won't deal their #1 D prospect. Oilers are looking for a cup.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Ken Holland will be sending calls for Jake Allen this summer
Jul. 3, 2022 at 5:54 p.m.
I think you're not being very fair with Jake Allen, he was pretty good with the team he had in front, especially the defense. While I know he may never be a starter again, I think he proved to be a reliable 35-games goalie. Oilers just lost their goalie tandem and they badly need someone between the pipes.

As for Holloway, he's bound to be a 3rd line center at best with the oilers, they are stacked on center and that's why I think they may want to deal him for actual needs.

And I don't think you can compare the situation the two teams are in... Habs are starting a rebuild so they won't deal their #1 D prospect. Oilers are looking for a cup.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Ken Holland will be sending calls for Jake Allen this summer

You're definitely right, it's not fair to compare the two, but it was basically just used for context. I've always like Allen, but a tandem is not what the Oilers need....they need a defined #1, and Mike Smith isn't that. IF Free agency and other trade options fail (Gibson, Fleury, etc) that could be an option for them, and at that point they might pay the price........but as of right now, they need a bonafide #1 to keep Connor and Leon happy
Jul. 3, 2022 at 7:15 p.m.

The guy just hates MTL, wouldn't matter what you sent lol most of what he comments is to trash talk any trade involving MTL
Jul. 3, 2022 at 8:53 p.m.
Well I'm okay saying Allen is a good Backup goaltender who can play 30 to 35 game he's not a Elite starter goalie. What Edmonton need badly is a good starter maybe a Fleury / Campbell / Kuemper / Husso in free agent or Gibson on trade Avenue ?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll