SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

How does this happen

May 10, 2017 at 10:29 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Edited May 11, 2017 at 10:06 a.m. by Banks. Reason: please let the filter do it's job
How the flying **** can we outplay you guys 6 out of 7 times and LOSE 4 GAMES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! IT MAKES NO SENSE. The only game the Caps deserved to lose was tonight. The first 6? All should've been Washington victories. We outshot the Pens, out chanced them, had better quality chances, did practically everything better. I know that Holtby has to be better, and that's why we lost, but it's more than just that. We outplayed Pissburgh last year and lost when Holts was spectacular. It makes no sense whatsoever. We are the better team, but we can't break you. We can bend the s**t out of you, but we can't break you.
May 10, 2017 at 11:25 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
TBH, I don't have a definitive answer.

I think part of it is that the Capitals got Halák'd by Fleury, but this Penguins team is banged up to all hell. Murray just came back, and I doubt he's 100%; Letang's done for the season; and I'm actually genuinely concerned about Crosby's brain. I'm personally just as surprised as you. (Also, considering that there are now between 4 and 14 more opportunities for Crosby to get hit in the head some more, maybe it might've been better for the Penguins to lose simply for his long-term health.)
May 11, 2017 at 6:43 a.m.
Danaultisabike
Edited May 11, 2017 at 10:07 a.m. by Banks
Quoting: krakowitz
How the flying **** can we outplay you guys 6 out of 7 times and LOSE 4 GAMES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! IT MAKES NO SENSE. The only game the Caps deserved to lose was tonight. The first 6? All should've been Washington victories. We outshot the Pens, out chanced them, had better quality chances, did practically everything better. I know that Holtby has to be better, and that's why we lost, but it's more than just that. We outplayed Pissburgh last year and lost when Holts was spectacular. It makes no sense whatsoever. We are the better team, but we can't break you. We can bend the s**t out of you, but we can't break you.

You deserved to win three of the games. The ones where you scored more goals. Pittsburgh is just better. The proved it last year, and without Letang.
May 11, 2017 at 6:43 a.m.
Danaultisabike
Edited May 11, 2017 at 10:07 a.m. by Banks
Quoting: backflip

You deserved to win three of the games. The ones where you scored more goals. Pittsburgh is just better. The proved it last year, and without Letang.

Honest, I was rooting for you.
May 11, 2017 at 10:38 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
In my playoff hockey pool (scoring points), I had first pick....and I picked Backstrom. I figured the Pens and Caps would meet in the second round. I figured with the Pens defence with only really Schultz as the only above average Dman on the team, and the Pens kinda loaded at D, the Caps would win. Wrong.
Makes me wonder when everyone criticizes the Leafs defence and how they have to studs to have any chance of winning. Well Pittsburg is proving you don't need a stellar or at least "name" guys on defence. Although it helps to his Sid, Geno and Phil.
May 11, 2017 at 5:55 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: backflip
Quoting: krakowitz

Tell me how Pittsburgh was better. And don't just say, "because they scored more goals". We had better chances. We had more chances. We dominated the possession game. We did nearly everything you need to do in order to win the series, and Pittsburgh really didn't do any of those. The only thing they did right in Games 1, 2, and 4 was that they scored more goals. They skaters didn't do anything to really earn the victory, with the exception of Bonino flopping like a soccer player
May 11, 2017 at 10:24 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Washington played horrible i think.

Go Senators because that would mean the Pens lose!!!!!!!!!!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll