SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Fleury haters @ me

May 10, 2017 at 10:35 p.m.
does he still suck? please tell me he still sucks. I love to hear it. Especially from the caps fans. you guys were right, Fleury isn't worth a 2nd round pick. after this playoff series, he's worth a first. how many of you called Fleury an overpaid backup goalie? eat your own words hahahahaha. is Scott darling, anti ranta, mike Condon, Brian Elliot, etc... still better then him???
nobody liked this.
May 10, 2017 at 11:20 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
after this playoff series, he's worth a first.

Highly doubt that
May 10, 2017 at 11:27 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: Energetic
after this playoff series, he's worth a first.

Highly doubt that
All it takes is one GM.
May 11, 2017 at 12:14 a.m.
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
Quoting: Energetic

Highly doubt that
All it takes is one GM.

a late round first or late first round prospect. yes, id say so. Especially in a weak draft
May 11, 2017 at 12:30 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think Fleury is really good, and i've thought he could get at least a 1st for a while ... probably more now ... but no way they protect him over Murray still though ... too bad for the Pens. He's that good right now but will probably be lost in the ED unless traded.
May 11, 2017 at 2:09 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I think Fleury is really good, and i've thought he could get at least a 1st for a while ... probably more now ... but no way they protect him over Murray still though ... too bad for the Pens. He's that good right now but will probably be lost in the ED unless traded.

I agree with you 100% isles
May 11, 2017 at 8:50 a.m.

They don't really have much of a choice since MAF as a NMC. If he doesn't get traded (to a team he approves), the Pens will have to expose Murray
May 11, 2017 at 9:23 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: ON3M4N

They don't really have much of a choice since MAF as a NMC. If he doesn't get traded (to a team he approves), the Pens will have to expose Murray

There are a couple of methods:

1. MAF waives his NMC protection for the expansion draft
2. MAF accepts a trade
3. Buyout
May 11, 2017 at 12:31 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Yes, he can waive his NMC and he probably will.
May 11, 2017 at 12:59 p.m.
Quoting: Banks

2. MAF accepts a trade
3. Buyout

1. Why would he waive his NMC to go to an expansion team? Kinda of tough to sell going from 1st to worst
2. Again he'd have to like the situation he's going to. I don't know how many teams of the Pens caliber are looking for a goalie
3. Yes they could, but they'd be on the hook for $2 million a year for the next 4 years. Doesn't seem like a smart move for a team that spends to the cap just about every year and with two highly paid stars, the need all the cap room they can get to fill out a roster.
May 11, 2017 at 4:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

2. MAF accepts a trade
3. Buyout

1. Why would he waive his NMC to go to an expansion team? Kinda of tough to sell going from 1st to worst
2. Again he'd have to like the situation he's going to. I don't know how many teams of the Pens caliber are looking for a goalie
3. Yes they could, but they'd be on the hook for $2 million a year for the next 4 years. Doesn't seem like a smart move for a team that spends to the cap just about every year and with two highly paid stars, the need all the cap room they can get to fill out a roster.

Well he would know it's right for the Penguins i guess, but he'd be the main goalie there. The Penguins would do whatever they can to get Fleury to waive his NMC.
May 14, 2017 at 1:08 p.m.
Isles For Life
does he still suck? please tell me he still sucks. I love to hear it. Especially from the caps fans. you guys were right, Fleury isn't worth a 2nd round pick. after this playoff series, he's worth a first. how many of you called Fleury an overpaid backup goalie? eat your own words hahahahaha. is Scott darling, anti ranta, mike Condon, Brian Elliot, etc... still better then him???

Maybe not a first... But, hey. He may not be the BEST goalie in the league but he's nowhere near the worst. I think he may start fading soon though, which worries me. Even though i'm a fan of St Louis and the Failure- I mean Islanders. wink
May 19, 2017 at 12:37 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
So now that Fleury is a backup again is he still worth a 1st? sarcasm
May 19, 2017 at 12:39 p.m.
So now that Fleury is a backup again is he still worth a 1st? sarcasm

Salt >>> Wound. laugh
May 19, 2017 at 12:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Come on Mike Sullivan, you did this last year too! HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HAVING A BAD GAME MEANS!!!!!!!

Edit: Well if he made the wrong choice that's good because then the Penguins might lose!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll