Forums/Armchair-GM

Experiment

Created by: iAce
Team: 2022-23 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 3, 2022
Published: Jul. 3, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I believe there's 2 ways to go this off season. We can attempt to be a playoff team and finish average like we have our entire existence. Or, we can tank this next year while giving young talent a chance to develop and push for a much higher end version next year. This Armchair relies on 2 things of luck. First, Montreal passes on Wright and we can obtain the no 2. If this happens we then proceed to be the worst team next year and almost lock ourselves into Bedard or Michkov. I would ask NJD fans if they had to trade it, what type of return would they want back?
I think it starts with 2 first round picks. I'm good with that and that probably gets us up to the 8-10 range. We still have a long ways to go.
Talbot could be very good for you guys, great cap hit on a 1 year deal allowing NJD to resign if he performs well. I don't think he will ever get to the 5 million a year type deal.
Next you could look at Jost or Freddy for your 3rd line center position. I like Jost's upside so I personally would go there. Although Freddy is probably a better fit at a bottom pairing because he plays a sound defensive game and has the experience.
Dumba would be the pop on the back end. I hate loosing him but I think if Minnesota wants to compete for a cup long term getting a Wright or Cooley to go with Rossi and Ek is a huge priority. So does 2 first rounders and Dumba on an extension get you the no 2, or do you go for a mixture to fill needs, like Talbot plus others?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,500,000
Trades
MIN
  1. 2022 1st round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. Dumba, Matt
  2. Gaudreau, Frédérick
  3. Greenway, Jordan
  4. Jost, Tyson
  5. Kulikov, Dmitry
  6. Middleton, Jake
  7. Talbot, Cam
  8. 2022 1st round pick (MIN)
  9. 2022 1st round pick (LAK)
Additional Details:
What does it take. Your GM has recently said it's still on the table. I'll throw things in here that MN would give up if we choose this route.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
14$82,500,000$58,657,754$0$1,532,500$23,842,246
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 2
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 3, 2022 at 1:21 p.m.
Icedragon4405
Unfortunately none of those pieces would really work for NJ as they need talented wingers, either top-7 physical wingers with skill or top line scoring winger
Archiv3 liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 1:29 p.m.
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
Would've been Fiala and a second top asset like Rossi or Wallstedt. Now that Fiala is gone, any offer for 2oa starts with Wallstedt.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
Wallstedt is the only one I would consider. Maybe Rossi too
Jul. 3, 2022 at 1:38 p.m.
Boldy or Wallstedt would have to be included.
Devil liked this.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 1:50 p.m.
Quoting: pretzelcoatl
Would've been Fiala and a second top asset like Rossi or Wallstedt. Now that Fiala is gone, any offer for 2oa starts with Wallstedt.

Before Fiala was delt, Rossi and Wallstedt would never have been delt as part of a package for 2nd overall.

It would of been Fiala and and one of the defensive prospects like O'Rourke/Hunt/Addison.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 1:59 p.m.
Give up on 2nd OVA.

Without Fiala to offset the value the price to acquire it isn't worth it anymore. There's not a single player coming out of this draft that's worth losing one of Boldy, Rossi, Wallstedt for what we’re supposedly gaining... IMO.

Not Wright, not Cooley, not Slafkovsky or anyone else. Not one. Just leave the top ten alone in this draft. We don't have the assets or ammunition to move up that high without giving up something that would just cripple us elsewhere in the future.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 2:01 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
There would have to be quality in the trade. Either Boldy or Wallstedt or it doesn't make sense for the Devils
Jul. 3, 2022 at 2:23 p.m.
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
Quoting: RazWild
Before Fiala was delt, Rossi and Wallstedt would never have been delt as part of a package for 2nd overall.

It would of been Fiala and and one of the defensive prospects like O'Rourke/Hunt/Addison.

Devils wouldn't take that for 2oa
Jul. 3, 2022 at 2:40 p.m.
Quoting: pretzelcoatl
Devils wouldn't take that for 2oa

Doesn't matter.

That's what would of been offered.

Boldy, Rossi, and Wallstedt are all off limits given the fact that there is no one in the top ten in this years draft who is worth moving them for this year.

Not one.

Logan Cooley is the only one with the potential upside to be a franchise center out of this draft and that is a very risky assumption to bet on. Moving any of those three to do it and take that gamble is moronic and would only hurt the team in the long run.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 3:26 p.m.
Doesn't matter.

Boldy, Rossi, and Wallstedt are all off limits given the fact that there is no one in the top ten in this years draft who is worth moving them for this year.

Not one.

Logan Cooley is the only one with the potential upside to be a franchise center out of this draft and that is a very risky assumption to bet on. Moving any of those three to do it and take that gamble is moronic and would only hurt the team in the long run.

What do you see the Wild achieving in the next 3 years? Average at best? The D-core is signed to long term deals yet we trade for young talent at those positions. Our wingers are now average. I think Kaprizov and Boldy are top line wingers and we don't have much coming up in the ranks in terms of talent. There is always talent available so I'm not as worried about the wingers as I am with the center position. I get the fact we should move off of no 2. But I'm tired of being average or not being able to run with teams because our centers are below average. Looking at the roster for next season we have a log jam at centers that have proven they can't cut it in the playoffs and no wiggle room without moves. I don't want to see Freddy in the top 6. Hartman had an unreal year but maybe he slots in next to Boldy on that second line and brings the same mentality he did last year. There's a lot of holes in this roster and it's filled with guys that haven't proven they can do anything in the playoffs. Why are we so loyal to them? If we are average for the next 3 years Kaprizov mostly likely walks. If he walks you are looking at a massive rebuild, instead of making trades now to ensure that doesn't happen. The time to make moves is now and set us up for coming out of this cap hell the right way. Maybe we don't trade for no 2, but we need some plan for a center that helps us compete with the likes of the AVs and others.

I agree that Rossi, Boldy and Wallstedt are untouchable. Everyone else could be had.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:39 p.m.
Doesn't matter.

Not one.

From experts is one of the weaker drafts. There really isn’t a clear cut generational talent at #1. I would’ve never traded Fiala and a prospect like wallstadt or rossi. Fiala is traded so there is no reason to discuss getting the 2OA pick. Keep the pick. From the sound of it you’re probably gonna cause you’re not getting Cat from Chicago for just that.
Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:40 p.m.
Quoting: LNels31
From experts is one of the weaker drafts. There really isn’t a clear cut generational talent at #1. I would’ve never traded Fiala and a prospect like wallstadt or rossi. Fiala is traded so there is no reason to discuss getting the 2OA pick. Keep the pick. From the sound of it you’re probably gonna cause you’re not getting Cat from Chicago for just that.

Sorry I wasn’t speaking directly to you on this lol. More agreeing with you and speaking at any devil fan

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll