Forums/Armchair-GM

Wild Trade Candidates for 2022-23

Created by: Kado777
Team: 2022-23 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 2, 2022
Published: Jul. 3, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I am not saying the Wild should trade all of these players, but they all have situations where I could see them being worth moving before or during this upcoming season. For all other players, I think they should almost be locked onto the Wild roster for the upcoming season barring some trade offer that is impossible to pass up.

Non-Wild fans, let me know what you think your team would be willing to give up for these players assuming the situation happens.
Trades
MIN
    65 point player who is serviceable at the faceoff dot on an extremely team friendly deal. Could see a contender paying a hefty price at the deadline to get a guy like him, and if the Wild aren’t in a position to compete, it could be worth considering a haul for Hartman.
    MIN
      Solid top 4 defenseman, but I am unsure if the Wild will be able to resign him given the cap situation. If the team isn’t able to come to terms with an extension, it may worth moving him now or at the trade deadline (retaining half salary) and not risk losing him to FA. Dumba seems like Guerin’s guy, but if he is going to leave at the end of the season as is, Guerin would be better served sending him out on his terms.
      MIN
        Young but seasoned player who was a former 10th overall pick who still has RFA status after this season. If Guerin and Evason have lost any confidence in being able to unlock Jost’s potential, it may be worth shipping him off to a young or rebuilding team who can give him a ton of minutes. won’t command a ton of value, but freeing up 2m could be valuable if the Wild don’t see Jost improving or want to spend a bit in free agency.
        MIN
          24 point defenseman with a 26 +/- who is on a reasonable deal, but may be on the move due to having 8 NHL caliber defenseman under contract assuming Addison is ready, and his cap hit being enough to free up a little extra if they find a way to sign a one year rental like Giroux and need to free up some more cap space. If the Wild want to compete but aren’t in need of freeing up that cap space, I would hold on to him and if things go downhill, dish him at the deadline and retain salary if needed. He also holds value with the Wild being the only Russian other than Kaprizov so he is able to help Kirill with translation as he improves his english so he is not a guy worth forcing out the door, but it should be in consideration depending on the situation.
          MIN
            If Fleury is willing to return, is it worth the Wild rostering two goalies who will likely have a combined cap hit of atleast 7 or 8 million when you only have 69m in total cap space? If not, Talbot could be on the move, and then the Wild could resign Fleury and get a more affordable goalie behind him who could be paired with Wallstedt when he is ready to make the jump, potentially someone like Comrie or DeSmith. If Fleury agrees to a multiyear deal, they could bring in a 1 year rental like Holtby, who still could save a good chunk of change compared to Talbot. If the money works, Talbot and Fleury would be a deadly tandem going into the season, so holding on to Talbot would make sense, or if the Wild can’t bring Fleury back, I would move forward with Talbot as well, ideally seeking a 2 year extension depending on asking price.
            MIN
              Ok, hear me out…

Let’s say Guerin does some negotiating with Valeri Nichushkin, and surprisingly agrees to something along the lines of 6m over 3 to 6 years. Nichushkin, who is a better offensive player who was also a Selke candidate, would be a big upgrade to Greenway on the Eriksson Ek and Foligno line. If this is the case, Greenway would be used to free up that cap space and bring back a prospect or some draft capital.

Definitely not a super realistic one, but I think it would be worth considering.
              Buyouts
              DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the LAK
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the VAN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              Logo of the MIN
              ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
              14$82,500,000$58,157,754$0$1,532,500$24,342,246
              Left WingCentreRight Wing
              Logo of the Minnesota Wild
              $9,000,000$9,000,000
              LW
              UFA - 4
              $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
              C
              RFA - 3
              $6,000,000$6,000,000
              RW, LW
              M-NTC, NMC
              UFA - 2
              $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
              RW, LW
              UFA - 1
              $1,200,000$1,200,000
              C, LW
              UFA - 1
              $3,100,000$3,100,000
              RW, LW
              UFA - 2
              $5,250,000$5,250,000
              C
              UFA - 7
              $750,000$750,000
              RW, LW
              UFA - 1
              $800,000$800,000
              LW, C
              RFA - 2
              Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
              $6,000,000$6,000,000
              LD
              NMC
              UFA - 6
              $7,575,000$7,575,000
              RD
              NMC
              UFA - 5
              $2,000,000$2,000,000
              LD/RD
              NMC
              UFA - 2
              $795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
              RD
              RFA - 1
              $1,200,000$1,200,000
              LD
              UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
              • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
              Jul. 3, 2022 at 3:06 p.m.
              I don’t think any one of those is and odd candidate by any means. Kulikov and Jost are the easy one because of the role they played last year, but Dumba and Hartman could be useful pieces.
              Kado777 liked this.
              Jul. 3, 2022 at 3:07 p.m.
              Sabres are elite
              I wouldn't move Dumba until either Addison or Faber show they are legit. Jost would be someone the Oilers or Kraken would want imo, maybe even Montreal.
              Kado777 liked this.
              Jul. 3, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.
              Quoting: Skyraider112
              I wouldn't move Dumba until either Addison or Faber show they are legit. Jost would be someone the Oilers or Kraken would want imo, maybe even Montreal.

My only issue with waiting on Addison or Faber is that could result in dumba leaving in FA if you wait too long. i think Faber is sound enough defensively that he is probably a safe bet to be at worst a low end 3rd line rd. I also think with how deep the Wild are at D prospect, they could get away with one of the LD prospects and playing Goligoski or Kulikov on the right side if it comes down to it. I think its easier for them to make something work than it would be to try to milk it out for too long, but I understand your thought on it.
              IcemanJoe liked this.
              Jul. 3, 2022 at 3:29 p.m.
              Quoting: Skyraider112

All indications are they’re not re-signing Dumba so a trade now or at the deadline seems likely. Fan value on Dumba seems much great than actual value for Dumba. BG has tried to trade Dumba for over 2 years and hasn’t found a taker.
              iAce and Kado777 liked this.
              Jul. 3, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
              Quoting: IcemanJoe
              All indications are they’re not re-signing Dumba so a trade now or at the deadline seems likely. Fan value on Dumba seems much great than actual value for Dumba. BG has tried to trade Dumba for over 2 years and hasn’t found a taker.

I think Dumba brings some great qualities to the Wild. I just don't think it's worked here and a new environment might do the trick. This whole roster has underachieved and Dumba has been here for the entire ride. Brodin is another. Spurgeon is another. Those 3 have been around for the Parise and Suter era and not being able to get it done. That's half our D-core and they have all shown break downs at different times in the playoffs. We need some new and fresh blood on the back end and we have some great prospects coming up. I want to see what Addison can do in a season. He's played well for us in his short stints. Lambos has developed really well and has some great upside on the left side. I don't like log jamming the left side up with long term deals. Brodin is on a 6 year deal. They have Merrill on a 3 year deal and soon to be signing Middleton. A Dumba move allows the core to retool over the cap hell years. Addison deserves a shot. If he doesn't turn out to be the guy we think he can be, we have Faber and can trade Addison. But Addison deserves a shot.
              IcemanJoe and Kado777 liked this.
              Jul. 3, 2022 at 4:53 p.m.
              Quoting: iAce
              I think Dumba brings some great qualities to the Wild. I just don't think it's worked here and a new environment might do the trick. This whole roster has underachieved and Dumba has been here for the entire ride. Brodin is another. Spurgeon is another. Those 3 have been around for the Parise and Suter era and not being able to get it done. That's half our D-core and they have all shown break downs at different times in the playoffs. We need some new and fresh blood on the back end and we have some great prospects coming up. I want to see what Addison can do in a season. He's played well for us in his short stints. Lambos has developed really well and has some great upside on the left side. I don't like log jamming the left side up with long term deals. Brodin is on a 6 year deal. They have Merrill on a 3 year deal and soon to be signing Middleton. A Dumba move allows the core to retool over the cap hell years. Addison deserves a shot. If he doesn't turn out to be the guy we think he can be, we have Faber and can trade Addison. But Addison deserves a shot.

Agreed
              Kado777 liked this.
              Jul. 3, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.
              In terms of this post I think all those players are to be had at the right price. Hartman is probably the one I'd like to keep because he plays a solid game. He isn't a 1c and his post season, to me, wasn't fair to judge him on it. The post season is a different animal. I look at Tampa Bay for years lost in the first round and then made some massive moves to bring in the players that would help them get over the top. Kaprizov can do anything he wants on the ice, much like Kucherov. Wallstedt coming up might give us that lock down goalie that can steal games like Vasilevskiy. We hope we have Rossi playing like Point. Ek is similar to Cirelli. We still need pieces and the back end isn't near what Tampa's back line is. They are big and nasty. Even Colorado has size and nasty on the back end. One of my most wanted trades is Greenway to Toronto for Knies and a second/third. But I think the players above are accurate to players that might need to move. Jost is one I'd like to see what he can do with elevated time and talent.
              Jul. 3, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.
              Quoting: iAce
              In terms of this post I think all those players are to be had at the right price. Hartman is probably the one I'd like to keep because he plays a solid game. He isn't a 1c and his post season, to me, wasn't fair to judge him on it. The post season is a different animal. I look at Tampa Bay for years lost in the first round and then made some massive moves to bring in the players that would help them get over the top. Kaprizov can do anything he wants on the ice, much like Kucherov. Wallstedt coming up might give us that lock down goalie that can steal games like Vasilevskiy. We hope we have Rossi playing like Point. Ek is similar to Cirelli. We still need pieces and the back end isn't near what Tampa's back line is. They are big and nasty. Even Colorado has size and nasty on the back end. One of my most wanted trades is Greenway to Toronto for Knies and a second/third. But I think the players above are accurate to players that might need to move. Jost is one I'd like to see what he can do with elevated time and talent.

Is that the going price for Greenway/Knies? I actually have a trade in the drafts of Greenway for Knies but I wasn’t sure what to add or take away. I know Toronto would be looking to shed cap, so I feel like we would either need to take Kerfoot, Holl, Mrazek or they would have to be moved in advance. If thats what we could get for Greenway, I would do it right now and either try to sign Nichushkin or trade for Iafallo at the right price to complete that Ek and Foligno line. I would also like to get Robertson if that was possible
              iAce liked this.
              Jul. 3, 2022 at 6:01 p.m.
              Quoting: Kado777
              Is that the going price for Greenway/Knies? I actually have a trade in the drafts of Greenway for Knies but I wasn’t sure what to add or take away. I know Toronto would be looking to shed cap, so I feel like we would either need to take Kerfoot, Holl, Mrazek or they would have to be moved in advance. If thats what we could get for Greenway, I would do it right now and either try to sign Nichushkin or trade for Iafallo at the right price to complete that Ek and Foligno line. I would also like to get Robertson if that was possible

I think Knies and taking back Mrazek and maybe a draft pick would do. We are taking back more cap and getting a prospect that can fill out the middle of the roster. I think a 3rd would do. It will also help us with a back up for a season. Not sure if Toronto fans would be in favor of this move but it gives them a guy now to win and takes a contract away to sign cheaper. I think it's a good move for them but they love Knies as well.
              Kado777 liked this.
              Jul. 4, 2022 at 2:50 p.m.
              Sabres are elite
              Quoting: Kado777
              My only issue with waiting on Addison or Faber is that could result in dumba leaving in FA if you wait too long. i think Faber is sound enough defensively that he is probably a safe bet to be at worst a low end 3rd line rd. I also think with how deep the Wild are at D prospect, they could get away with one of the LD prospects and playing Goligoski or Kulikov on the right side if it comes down to it. I think its easier for them to make something work than it would be to try to milk it out for too long, but I understand your thought on it.

Addison should get his shot this year, personally I think he will be very similar to Tyson Barrie in that he will be a PP QB who skates well but isn't the guy you rely on defensively
              Kado777 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
              Question:
              Options:
              Add Option
              Submit Poll