Forums/Mock-Draft

Craig Button TSN Mock

Craig Button TSN Mock

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Salzy
Published: Jul. 4, 2022 at 1:53 p.m.
Jul. 4, 2022 at 3:22 p.m.
Fall River Habs
If Craig Button's "NHL comparables" for his mock draft are correct, then there are some real mistakes in the draft order:
Connor Geekie at #15 is comparable to Adam Lowry, who has a career high point total of 29 points. After him there are a couple of players (Snuggerud, Kulich, MIroshnichenk, Yurov) who are compared to Marian Hossa, Filip Forsberg and Jake Guentzel. Imagine wasting a good pick on Adam Lowry and missing out on Forsberg, Hossa or Guentzel? I realize this happens all the time in drafting, but the team that takes Lowry over one of those three will be kicking themselves.

I hope if Montreal moves up in the draft it is not for the purpose of taking Geekie (assuming C. Button is correct). HA!
Jul. 4, 2022 at 3:44 p.m.
Quoting: KentMcNally
If Craig Button's "NHL comparables" for his mock draft are correct, then there are some real mistakes in the draft order:
Connor Geekie at #15 is comparable to Adam Lowry, who has a career high point total of 29 points. After him there are a couple of players (Snuggerud, Kulich, MIroshnichenk, Yurov) who are compared to Marian Hossa, Filip Forsberg and Jake Guentzel. Imagine wasting a good pick on Adam Lowry and missing out on Forsberg, Hossa or Guentzel? I realize this happens all the time in drafting, but the team that takes Lowry over one of those three will be kicking themselves.

I hope if Montreal moves up in the draft it is not for the purpose of taking Geekie (assuming C. Button is correct). HA!

I assume the rankings are more indicative of style of play, rather than level of play.
Jul. 8, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
@OldNYIFan @Lenny7 @GeneralLandro

Keep a discussion on a pre-made thread, I love getting Warren and Luneau in R2, now our D-core is all but set for the future in my eyes

LD
Mintyukov
Zellweger
Vaakanein
Thrun
Mahura
Benoit
LaCombe
Hinds

RD
Drysdale
Warren
Helleson
Luneau
Moore
Nickl

Love the rebuilt D core

Setting us up to go full offense in the 2023 draft (one of the best offensive drafts in recent memory)
Lenny7 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 8, 2022 at 12:10 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Salzy
OldNYIFan Lenny7 GeneralLandro

Keep a discussion on a pre-made thread, I love getting Warren and Luneau in R2, now our D-core is all but set for the future in my eyes

LD
Mintyukov
Zellweger
Vaakanein
Thrun
Mahura
Benoit
LaCombe
Hinds

RD
Drysdale
Warren
Helleson
Luneau
Moore
Nickl

Love the rebuilt D core

Setting us up to go full offense in the 2023 draft (one of the best offensive drafts in recent memory)

Agreed. Also potentially means they focus on offence through trades/free agency, which secures a bit more of a guarantee than through drafting. Love, love, love the Luneau pick. I had him above Warren and was a bit miffed when it happened, but having him fall was great.

Only guy I really wanted was Lamoreux (And only because he's built like Lebron), but I'm pretty content with how this has gone.

Kind of a bit shocked that there's been no moves though. Hoping GMPV hasn't adopted a "patience to a fault" strategy a-la Ron Hextall/Ron Francis-type.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 8, 2022 at 12:13 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
Agreed. Also potentially means they focus on offence through trades/free agency, which secures a bit more of a guarantee than through drafting. Love, love, love the Luneau pick. I had him above Warren and was a bit miffed when it happened, but having him fall was great.

Only guy I really wanted was Lamoreux (And only because he's built like Lebron), but I'm pretty content with how this has gone.

Kind of a bit shocked that there's been no moves though. Hoping GMPV hasn't adopted a "patience to a fault" strategy a-la Ron Hextall/Ron Francis-type.

I hope PV takes a run at Nuke/Bura or goes after Puli or someone to try and add to the top 6.

Love the start of the draft for us

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll