Description
Based off previous ACGM: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/597083

Potential Line Combos:

*Conservative*
Kaprizov-Hartman-Zucc
Boldy-Rossi-Gaudreau
GREEF
Duhaime-Mitts-Jost

If this is the case, then there's no point in trading for Mitts if we don't intend to give him legitimate minutes on the top 2 lines.

*Redemption*
See current line combination. Essentially, give Mitts and Bellows a shot at redemption. We can always swap out one or both with Hartman and/or Gaudreau if it doesn't work out. Regardless, I don't see Hartman ever becoming a true 1C so might as well give someone who was, at one point in time, projected to be one (in Mitts). As for Bellows, idk. He reminds me of Niederreiter. I think he'd excel in a line with Boldy and Rossi as neither are super fast, Rossi will drive the offense; thereby, allowing Bellows to find the open space and put the puck in the back of the net from dishes from Rossi. He also can be an asset on the PP.

The biggest concern I have with this team (besides gambling on Mitts & Bellows) is that our defense is very thin. We may need to explore trade options involving Jost, Beckman, Khovanov, and/or some other F prospect (conservative) or Talbot, Spurgeon (lol), and/or Gaudreau (aggressive). OR not re-sign Deslauriers and sign a cheap 7th D from free agency.

Team Breakdown

The Untouchables:
--------------------------- [Tier 1]
Kaprizov
Boldy
Rossi
Wallstedt
Brodin
--------------------------- [Tier 2]
Spurgeon
Hartman
Zuccarello
Eriksson Ek
Foligno
Greenway
Dumba
Lambos
O'Rourke
Faber
Peart
Khusnutdinov
Both '22 1st Rd Picks (unless it is to move up in draft while still retaining 2 1sts)

I broke the untouchables list into 2 tiers. The first tier are players that would cause our GM to immediately hang up the phone upon hearing their name brought up. The second tier are players that are untouchable not because of their talent but because of the locker room chemistry, prior commitments, and/or extraneous factors that our GM has expressed no desire in disrupting.

Breaking things down further, let's start with tier 1. Kaprizov is the first (and only) superstar the Wild have ever had (unless you count Gaborik). So obviously we aren't getting rid of him. Rossi, Boldy, and Wallstedt are all considered A/+ prospects that serve as the foundation of the Guerin+Brackett era. Finally, Brodin is one of the best defensemen in the league, young, and locked down for another 6 seasons.

Now let's look at tier 2, starting off with Spurgeon. I've debated placing him in tier 1 strictly because he's the second player in Wild history to be awarded the permanent captaincy. On top of that, he's locked down to a ~7.6M/yr deal for the next 6 seasons. So even if we wanted to get rid of him, no team would be interested in acquiring an aging, undersized defensemen with a high cap hit. With all that being said, it still felt wrong to put him in tier 1 due to my own personal biases (e.g. I like him but not as much as the players in tier 1). Next, we have Hartman who is coming off a career year. Everyone expects him to regress next season and agree he's not a true 1C; however, he's a great locker room guy and only costs us $1.7M/yr for the next 2 seasons. So there's really no reason to shop him. Zuccarello has been a popular name in fan-made ACGMs due to his $6M cap hit; however, it's VERY unlikely that he gets shipped due to his relationship with Kaprizov. It wouldn't be a very wise move on the Wild's part to piss off their first legit superstar in franchise history by trading away his best friend. Especially, after his well publicized struggles with homesickness. After that, we have the GREEF line. This line is the favorite line of Guerin (our GM), Evason (our HC), and the majority of the fanbase. They are also one of the most efficient lines. Eriksson Ek is locked down to a reasonable contract for the next 7 seasons, Greenway $3x3, and Foligno $3.1x2. I don't anticipate any changes to that line for the next 2 seasons. Some may be surprised by the inclusion on Dumba on this list; however, Guerin has made it clear that Dumba is his kind of player and hopes to extend him to a team friendly deal. FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm a HUGE fanboy of Greenway and Dumba so I personally won't entertain any offers involving either of the two. Finally, we have the futures in Lambos, O'Rourke, Faber, Peart, Khusnutdinov, and our '22 1st & 2nd Rd Picks. We have high hopes for all of them and they are all still so young. In other words, I wouldn't expect the organization to seriously consider trade offers for them until at least another 2 years from now after they've matured and increased their market value.

The (Practically) Untouchables:
--------------------------------------------
Dewar
Jost
Duhaime
Shaw
Middleton
Goligoski

The "practically" untouchables list consists of players that provide more value to the organization currently than they would on the open market, e.g. Dewar, Duhaime, Shaw, and Middleton. Goligoski signed to a 2-year team-friendly deal because he wants to stay in MN. Indicating to many that GMBG has zero interest in moving him. Same goes for Jost. Given we acquired him during the TDL, it seems unlikely that GMBG would be open to trading him in such a short period of time. Especially since the main reason for the acquisition was so that GMBG could have another contract under the team's control.

The "Not Actively Shopping But Will Entertain Offers":
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gaudreau
Talbot
Kulikov
Merrill
Addison
Hunt
All other prospects

Finally, we have the players that we aren't actively shopping but would entertain offers. Gaudreau is a great guy playing above his meager $1.2M contract. That being said, that contract is set to expire after next season and I could see the team exploring their options come the TDL. Talbot and Kulikov are in similar situations. The drama over the former is a bit overblown imo. It really depends on how the team performs this upcoming season. All indications point to Gaudreau, Talbot, and Kulikov not being on the 23/24 roster. So if the team finds itself outside cup contention, expect to see those names in trade rumors come TDL. Merrill is an interesting case as we recently locked him down to a cheap $1.2x3 extension. He's a serviceable 7th man D. The only reason I don't have him listed in the "practically untouchable" list is because he might (strong emphasis on might) garner decent interest from some playoff teams come TDL. Regardless, it's unlikely he is moved. Next, we have Addison who is an electric offensive RHD; however, has struggled to find playing time due to our D core being filled to the brim with undersized players, and having a plethora of issues because of it. Finally, we have Hunt who I wouldn't expect to be traded for another 2 years, at least. Strictly because he doesn't bring enough value to the open market (although that can be subject to change).

Players I'd Personally Shop:
---------------------------------------
Addison
Beckman

Having grouped players into categories from the organization's perspective, here's a list of players that I differing opinions on and therefore am a proponent of shopping. Starting with Addison, he's a fantastic offensive RHD. However, GMBG, Evason, and others have all said that the reason Addison didn't see more playing time this past season was strictly due to our D core lacking size to begin with (Brodin, Dumba, Spurgeon, and Goligoski all lack size). Given that Goligoski is locked down for the next 2 seasons, Spurg, Brodin, & Dumba (assuming he gets his $5.1x5 extension) for the next 6 seasons, and Middleton (assuming he resigns) & Merrill for the next 3 seasons, I don't see Addison ever being given a legitimate opportunity to play meaningful minutes. As such, I think we should shop him while he still has value.

2022 NHL Draft:
-----------------------
1. Danila Yurov, RW, 6'1", 172lbs, ETA: 2 years -> Top 10 talent that may slip due to Russian connection
1. Lian Bischel, LHD, 6'5", 225lbs, ETA: 3 years -> Middleton with a higher ceiling
2. Devin Kaplan, RW, 6'2", 192lbs, ETA: 4 years -> Potential replacement for Foligno while also being BPA
2. Sam Rinzel, RHD, 6'4", 181, ETA: 4 years -> MN-born player that the Wild always seem to draft in the 2nd or 3rd rd
3. Miko Matikka, RW, 6'3", 187, ETA: 5+ years -> Larger winger with a decent all around game
4. Kirill Dolzhenkov, RW, 6'7", 234, ETA: 5+ years -> BIG BOI

First 2 rounds are anyone's guess. The only player I have a strong desire for is Bischel...which is saying something considering I'm in the same camp as most fans in that we have way too many solid defensive prospects. However, we still are lacking size which is a great concern of mine. Other players I'm fine with include: Kasper, Lambert, Trikozov, Kulich, Firkus, Lamoureux, Lutz, Jack Hughes, Lorenz, Warren, Sapovaliv, Leinonan, and/or whomever Judd Brackett selects since I fully trust his judgement.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$900,000
3$800,000
3$800,000
3$775,000
3$1,000,000
3$1,750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$775,000
2$2,250,000
2$775,000
2$840,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Yurov, Danila
3$925,000
Bischel, Lian
4$925,000
Kaplan, Devin
4$825,000
Rinzel, Sam
5$825,000
Matikka, Miko
5$825,000
Dolzhenkov, Kiril
5$825,000
Trades
MIN
  1. Mittelstadt, Casey
Additional Details:
Mitts may benefit from a change of scenery. Minnesota gets a center that could become a top 2 center if he is able to stay healthy. Plus, he's a former Gopher so I'm very biased in wanting him.
BUF
  1. Addison, Calen
  2. Khovanov, Alexander
Additional Details:
BUF gets an offensive RHD that can play right away and has potential to flourish even more. I know BUF already has Power and Dahlin but fans have expressed interest in Addison in other trade packages. Really, this is just a personal trade for Mitts. I can add to this trade or swap Addison out for another player. Would y'all be interested in Jost instead? A pick? LMK.

Khovanov has immense skill but hasn’t developed in the Wild system. He needs a fresh start. This feels like good value going both ways.

cc: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/597244?post_id=3320230
MIN
  1. Bellows, Kieffer [RFA Rights]
  2. 2022 6th round pick (NYI)
NYI
  1. Kulikov, Dmitry
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (MIN)
Additional Details:
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/597083?post_id=3316835

Overpayment? Underpayment? LMK.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$82,069,421$0$1,450,000$430,579

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,666,667$3,666,667
G
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD
UFA - 3
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$840,000$840,000
RD
UFA - 2
Yurov, Danila
$925,000$925,000
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Bischel, Lian
$925,000$925,000
$800,000$800,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
Kaplan, Devin
$825,000$825,000
Rinzel, Sam
$825,000$825,000
Matikka, Miko
$825,000$825,000
Dolzhenkov, Kiril
$825,000$825,000
Taxi Squad
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
RFA - 3
$775,000$775,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 5, 2022 at 1:43 a.m.
Shibbal18
Id do the Sabres deal, but would probably want similar salary coming back
gopherit liked this.
Jul. 5, 2022 at 1:48 a.m.
i didn't know james joyce joined capfriendly. in all seriousness, i applaud your effort but as a sabre fan, i'm still a huge believer in mittelstadt. unless it's for rossi straight, which you shouldn't do, i'm not making that trade.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 5, 2022 at 1:51 a.m.
While Bellows does not hold 1st round value anymore the Isles should be giving him a chance this year to play full time. If they acquire another W then they would probably have to trade him to make room.
Jul. 5, 2022 at 2:14 a.m.
The trade with the Sabres doesn’t work

We aren’t looking to get rid of Mitts, not giving up on him yet. So it’s gonna take specific assets (i would think) to get us to move a guy with his ceiling.

Addison doesn’t work for us. As you said, he’s an “offensive” defenseman. We’ve already got Dahlin & Power who are gonna provide us offense from the back end, so we’d be looking for a more defensively oriented young defenseman.
Before u suggest him- not Dumba. He’s only got a year left on his contract & can then walk. We’d be looking for someone under contract for at least a few years.

We also wouldn’t have any interest in Khovanov
With so much young forward talent already, we’d be looking for someone showing more promise.

It’s not the value that’s the problem, it’s the players you’re offering us.
Idk your prospects all that well, but at first glance I’m not really seeing a whole lot that would make sense for us and for you guys.
Previous to the Fiala trade to LA,
I thought we could offer a trade package for him that involved Mitts and more pieces. But obviously that didn’t happen.

Idk that we’re good trade partners at this point
Jul. 5, 2022 at 5:36 a.m.
Banned
Kieffer bellows has zero value, so Minnesota wouldn't need to give up anything for him
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 8:55 p.m.
A WILD Golden Gopher
Quoting: Buffalove
The trade with the Sabres doesn’t work

We aren’t looking to get rid of Mitts, not giving up on him yet. So it’s gonna take specific assets (i would think) to get us to move a guy with his ceiling.

Addison doesn’t work for us. As you said, he’s an “offensive” defenseman. We’ve already got Dahlin & Power who are gonna provide us offense from the back end, so we’d be looking for a more defensively oriented young defenseman.

So the Wild have a TON of defensive prospects that all project to be defensive stalwarts. I like them all individually and truly believe they will all reach their potentials: Lambos & Faber as Top 4D, Peart & O'Rourke as Top 6D, and Hunt as a 7th D. They all play like Jonas Brodin or Ryan Suter (in his prime), with some slight variations. I'd be open to offers involving Hunt or even O'Rourke. The rest may take some convincing but I could be open to them as well.

Before u suggest him- not Dumba. He’s only got a year left on his contract & can then walk. We’d be looking for someone under contract for at least a few years.

Don't worry, I'm a HUGE Dumba fanboi so I'm not getting rid of him. Heart Eyes In fact, I hope the Wild re-sign him to a $5.1M x 5yr extension since I truly believe that he is way more valuable to this franchise than many fans give him credit for.

We also wouldn’t have any interest in Khovanov
With so much young forward talent already, we’d be looking for someone showing more promise.

How about Adam Beckman? He's a boom or bust prospect that was the WHL's Player of the Year in 2020. From theAthletic,
Quoting: theAthletic
Beckman’s a hard-shooting, shot-focused winger with a scoring touch who has worked to fill out his frame (which underwent a growth spurt) and get faster. He’s a dangerous mid-range scorer with his shot, which is threatening from a standstill, on catch-and-releases, and from a variety of stances in motion. He’s a better off-puck shot threat than an individual creator because his skating is a little limiting. I’ve slowly come around on his overall upside and now believe he has medium odds at a complementary middle-six scoring role and second power-play usage. It still feels like he’s got room to grow to develop his game, too, which bodes well.

Other than that, we don't really have any other high ceiling forwards in our prospect pool (sans Rossi & Khusnutdinov). So a pick would be the better option (so long as its not a first of course).

It’s not the value that’s the problem, it’s the players you’re offering us.
Idk your prospects all that well, but at first glance I’m not really seeing a whole lot that would make sense for us and for you guys.

I can send ya descriptions on any of the prospects I've listed if that interests you. smile
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:57 p.m.
Faber i could see us being interested in potentially

Beckman, probably not.
We already have a bunch of young wingers & winger prospects
Plus a four 1sts & four 2nds in the next 2 drafts (combined)

I’d imagine we’d want Faber +
Just not sure what that “+” would have to be?
It might have to be a 1st…. And then we’d obviously have to add another piece

But really, idk…. Just taking a semi-educated guess here

The draft tomorrow night should be fun for both our teams
Who do u think u guys are targeting?

Also,
Do u think u guys would be interested in trading up to pick16?
Jul. 6, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.
A WILD Golden Gopher

The draft tomorrow night should be fun for both our teams

I'm really interested in which players y'all take. I like Yurov but don't see him making it past your team's 16th pick. I also REALLY want the Wild to take Bischel so we can add size to our d core but I haven't seen anything that would suggest Brackett has him on his list.

Who do u think u guys are targeting?

According to our official site (so who really knows, could be a bluff), we are interested in:
Belluz
Nazar
Sapovaliv
Rinzel

Also,
Do u think u guys would be interested in trading up to pick16?

Depends on how much it would cost us and who is available. However, I do see us sticking with 2 1sts and 2 2nds. If we were to trade up, I'd expect it to be similar to last year where we traded a first and a third to move up 2 spots to take Wallstedt at 20. We are loaded at defense (although they are all ~6' so I wouldn't mind taking a 6'3"+ defensemen) but have next to nothing at forward. Besides Rossi, Khusnutdinov, and maybe Beckman (if he can regain his form), our forward depth is a bunch of centers and wingers that are all bubble NHLers.

Who do you think your team is targeting? With the amount of picks, do you think you'll take a flyer on one of the riskier players like Miroshnichenko, Rinzel (cuz he's young), et al?
Jul. 6, 2022 at 10:35 p.m.
Quoting: gopherit

Who do you think your team is targeting? With the amount of picks, do you think you'll take a flyer on one of the riskier players like Miroshnichenko, Rinzel (cuz he's young), et al?

For pick9, i think it’s just whoever falls to us
I think we’d love it to be Jiricek, but it seems like the bpa there will be a Forward

For the other picks, I’ve got no clue what direction we’ll go in.
Our GM has said he’s doing his due diligence with the Russians.
Since we’ve got extra picks, i do think it’s possible we’d look at Yurov &/or Miro. Other than that though, there’s about a dozen prospects that could make sense for us. It’s tough to say

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll