Forums/Armchair-GM

Flyers Get lucky for Once 2023-2024 with essay

Team: 2023-24 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 6, 2022
Published: Jul. 6, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
NHL DRAFT:

Obviously, Cooley will most likely be gone there is a slim chance he wont be. IF he does drop to 5 the flyers have to be all over that he has what we Lack with speed and Dynamic ability. I expect him to play this upcoming year in College and Sign his ELC at the year Like Owen Power did.

Matthew Savoie also is a High Ceiling player who Might drop I don't think he should drop past 6 but you never know, I think he plays one more year in Juniors Then Comes to The AHL/NHL. He Also Provides Speed, Playmaking, and Underrated Defense he's the perfect player for the flyers.

TRADES:
Travis Konecny/Morgan Frost
Its sucks to Trade these Guys but it Frees Cap Space for Free agency this year and Provides us with a Chance to get a good player in the Draft it's Less of a Risk for Ottawa because you don't have to bet on your player development as Much.

Oskar Lindblom:
Frees up Cap space for us and he has shown potential as a good Middle 6 Wing. Arizona Has the space to take his contract and might be able to revive his Career with ice time at the expense of only a late-round pick.

Travis Sanheim:
Flyers have 3 good Left D Provorov, Sanheim, and York and it would be cap Mismanagement having one on the 3rd pair. I See York emerging as a Top 4 Defensman next year and as Future Captain Material. Sanheim is odd one out here because he needs a New Contract and he has Leverage on us as A upcoming UFA. Furthering our Commitment to provy, Who hopefully under torts can finally reach his full Potential.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFA Signings

2022:
Johnny Hockey:
The More and more I hear the more I think Gaudreau could move On from Calgary, He fills the need for a Star now and he's Obviously friends With Kevin Hayes because who isn't. He Grew up a Flyers Fan as well.

Max Domi:
Domi has played for Torts Before So he Knows what will be asked of him and Bobby Clarke Was His Childhood Hero.
https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/max-domi-meeting-an-idol-bobby-clarke/c-313973140

Jan Rutta:
With Myers going to Tampa I think they move on from Rutta. Who Know if he would come Here But he would Fill a need For a Reliable Right-Hand Defenseman.

2023:
Matt Dumba:
Dumba I've always seen as a pretty good fit in Philly and I'm starting to lean toward Ellis Retiring and Dumba Would replace him and is Younger.

PLAYERS MAKING THE JUMP:
Bobby Brink:
I think Brink will play the Majority of Next Season in the AHL and Possibly Playing in Farabee Injury Absence Depending on how Camp Goes.
Tyson Forester:
I believe Forester would've played last year in the NHL given how bad we sucked if he didn't get injured in Lehigh Valley at the beginning of the Season.
Yegor Zamula:
Zamula has shown he is more than Capable of 3rd Pair Role every time he's been up Give it to him or trade him to someone who will.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE RYAN ELLIS SITUATION:
Anthony Sanfilippo reported that there hasn't been much Progress with Ellis and he Will Likely start the Season on LTIR and after that Who Knows.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RFA EXTENSIONS:
Cam York:
I believe he will show next year that he is Worth a long-term Extension similar to Like Provy and Konecny did a Few years Ago and Farabee Last year
5x5.25 could end up being a Bargain.
Noah Cates:
Cates Showed a lot of promise last year He's gritty but also has some skills He a perfect bottom 6 Foward.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$875,000
2$875,000
2$875,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,200,000
5$5,250,000
2$2,500,000
1$1,500,000
1$1,500,000
1$825,000
1$900,000
1$925,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$6,000,000
7$10,000,000
1$2,000,000
2$4,200,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Cooley, Logan
3$925,000
Savoie, Matthew
3$925,000
Trades
PHI
  1. 2022 1st round pick (OTT)
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
Ottawa Seems Willing to Deal the Pick if it can help them make them a better team for the next few years
OTT
  1. Frost, Morgan
  2. Konecny, Travis
Additional Details:
Frost: I believe I will be a 2nd Line Center. He has Incredible Playmaking Skills But if We drafted Cooley and With Forester Coming up I Can't see it working Here Given Hayes's Term.

Konecny: I think He eventually Gets Traded because of the LogJam On the wing. He's a great Player that would address The Sens Want For a Top 6 Foward. He's basically Walmart Fiala
PHI
  1. Clarke, Brandt
Additional Details:
I'd consider Durzi,+2023 First, 2023 3rd
LAK
    Travis Sanheim With Contract Extension During the season

Yes the price is High with Clarke and I'm not sure LA would do this because of Clarke's Potential as a RHD, but a Sanheim Trade would have to net a Quality RD prospect Back were are very thin in the pool for RD, And Adding Sanheim to left side would Solidify the left side Of LA's D Core
    PHI
    1. 2022 6th round pick (ARI)
    ARI
      Oskar Lindblom
      This Offseason
      Buyouts
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the ARI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the FLA
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the FLA
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the PHI
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$83,500,000$78,976,262$1,187,500$425,000$4,523,738
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      $10,000,000$10,000,000
      LW
      UFA - 6
      Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
      $7,750,000$7,750,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 7
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      RW
      RFA - 1
      Cooley, Logan
      $925,000$925,000
      $3,571,429$3,571,429
      C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 5
      $4,200,000$4,200,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333
      RW
      RFA - 2
      $5,875,000$5,875,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 3
      $1,500,000$1,500,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      C, LW
      RFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $4,725,000$4,725,000
      LD
      UFA - 2
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $3,979,000$3,979,000
      G
      RFA - 1
      $5,250,000$5,250,000
      LD/RD
      RFA - 2
      $5,100,000$5,100,000
      RD
      UFA - 4
      $925,000$925,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 2
      $1,200,000$1,200,000
      LD/RD
      RFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $775,000$775,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RD
      RFA - 3
      $900,000$900,000
      RD
      RFA - 2
      $6,250,000$6,250,000
      RD
      UFA - 4
      $825,000$825,000
      RW, C
      UFA - 3
      $875,000$875,000
      G
      RFA - 3
      Savoie, Matthew
      $925,000$925,000
      $875,000$875,000
      RD
      RFA - 1
      $875,000$875,000
      LD
      RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 5:53 p.m.
      The Kings will have zero space this season and Clarke is untouchable. Why wouldn't the Kings try to get Sanheim for free next season?
      palhal and csick liked this.
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 5:58 p.m.
      LongtimeLeafsufferer
      if the Sens wanted to, they go out in UFA and spend 5.5m X 3 for a player as comparable as Konecky. Certainly that are giving up great pick and second for the pleasure.
      That's the issue with so many cap strapped teams, there are very few teams with cap that want this middle role players at on their current contracts. And certainly the Sens aren't giving up premium picks.
      csick liked this.
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 5:59 p.m.
      Alex Bump Truther
      Quoting: tryger
      The Kings will have zero space this season and Clarke is untouchable. Why wouldn't the Kings try to get Sanheim for free next season?

Because you get a better chance to Win Now with your core. I also thought I saw Blake Say they plan on moving one of the RD to the left side, what if that doesn't work out. I Understand Clarke might be untouchable and even mentioned that.
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:04 p.m.

Sanhiem probably gets extended
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:05 p.m.
      Doubt the sens pay 7OA for Konecny.

Sanhiem I’d rather go for the package
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:06 p.m.
      Quoting: palhal
      if the Sens wanted to, they go out in UFA and spend 5.5m X 3 for a player as comparable as Konecky. Certainly that are giving up great pick and second for the pleasure.
      That's the issue with so many cap strapped teams, there are very few teams with cap that want this middle role players at on their current contracts. And certainly the Sens aren't giving up premium picks.

I don’t think the Sens do the deal with that offer but who is close to Konecny on the UFA market that will sign for that contract?
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:09 p.m.
      Quoting: carts88
      Because you get a better chance to Win Now with your core. I also thought I saw Blake Say they plan on moving one of the RD to the left side, what if that doesn't work out. I Understand Clarke might be untouchable and even mentioned that.

Between Walker, Edler, Bjornfoot we hope one can be our LD2. But after signing Kempe, Anderson, Durzi, Grundstrom, and Vilardi there will be about $2M to sign Sanheim and with half retained and a contract extension in place, I still don't see them moving Clarke.
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:09 p.m.
      Quoting: ReelBigFan
      Sanhiem probably gets extended

Yeah, but why can't the Kings wait and see if they can get him as UFA next summer if he and the Flyers can't come to a deal?
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:11 p.m.
      Au-revoir Dorion
      I don’t think the Sens do the deal with that offer but who is close to Konecny on the UFA market that will sign for that contract?

burakovsky, nichuskin, neiderriter, strome, trochek, copp etc etc. They may not be 25 like Konecny ,but hes only under contract for 3 years so its kind of moot
      palhal and TCMonkey liked this.
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:12 p.m.
      Alex Bump Truther
      Quoting: palhal

Well yes if you can Attract Free Agents, I'm not doubting that Ottawa can but a team that hasn't won anything in recent history isn't the most attractive to a Free agent. I see Burakovsky and Nichushkin as the most comparable to Tk this year as UFA and think both get 6+ AAV in Free Agency. Konecny can play first Line wing and Score 25+ Goals, especially with the Other talent there in Ottawa's forward Core. Frost is also talented but he just had his first healthy season and hasn't been able to put on enough muscle to compete in the lineup. He started to show real Strides and confidence late in the year.
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:14 p.m.
      LongtimeLeafsufferer

Gee, the Kings made a deal to get the superior Fiala on 7.8m X 5 for a I believe the 18th pick and previous second rounder prospect.
      Copp, Trocheck, Rakell, Perron, I think would be comparables. But Ottawa isn't going to make the playoff even with Konecky. Their cap doesn't have to be used this year, and the picks could certainly be used on cost efficient players in a few years
      Borocop liked this.
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:18 p.m.
      Au-revoir Dorion
      Quoting: carts88
      Well yes if you can Attract Free Agents, I'm not doubting that Ottawa can but a team that hasn't won anything in recent history isn't the most attractive to a Free agent. I see Burakovsky and Nichushkin as the most comparable to Tk this year as UFA and think both get 6+ AAV in Free Agency. Konecny can play first Line wing and Score 25+ Goals, especially with the Other talent there in Ottawa's forward Core. Frost is also talented but he just had his first healthy season and hasn't been able to put on enough muscle to compete in the lineup. He started to show real Strides and confidence late in the year.

hes a fine player but if the sens are trading the 7th pick it's going to be for someone under contract a lot longer than 3 years and a forward prospect they dont really need
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:18 p.m.
      Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
      SENS decline.
      KINGS67 liked this.
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:49 p.m.
      Love Sanheim but Clarke isn’t getting traded for him as you basically mentioned
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:51 p.m.
      Alex Bump Truther
      Quoting: KINGS67
      Love Sanheim but Clarke isn’t getting traded for him as you basically mentioned

Understood. I wanted to at least mention it because he would be perfect for the flyers and we wouldn't have to rush him because of Risto's Term.
      KINGS67 liked this.
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 7:24 p.m.
      Yeah, but why can't the Kings wait and see if they can get him as UFA next summer if he and the Flyers can't come to a deal?

I very much doubt Philly let him walk. He isn’t expected to get much and there’s no reading he should hit free agency no matter if he is traded or not. I think Provorov has a bigger chance of not being a Flyer in two years than Sanhiem
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
      Alex Bump Truther
      I very much doubt Philly let him walk. He isn’t expected to get much and there’s no reading he should hit free agency no matter if he is traded or not. I think Provorov has a bigger chance of not being a Flyer in two years than Sanhiem

I go back and Forth Between Provy and Sanheim. To me, it really depends on how he gets along with Torts. I think there's a chance their personalities don't mesh.
      ReelBigFan liked this.
      Jul. 6, 2022 at 8:14 p.m.
      It would more than likely be your “second offer”, Durzi and ‘23 1st, than Clarke
      Aug. 28, 2022 at 7:17 p.m.
      builder
      If you are studying at an Australian university, you may wonder where to find the best essay writing service australiabest essay writing service australia. High school teachers rarely pay attention to the Australian writing style guide and instead focus on correcting grammar, syntax, and spelling issues, not the ideas and content. The standards of writing at a university are much higher, and you will find yourself in a pickle if you don't know how to write properly. This is why you should hire a writing service.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll