Forums/Armchair-GM

Take very seriously

Created by: NYR1983
Team: 2022-23 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 6, 2022
Published: Jul. 6, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Kind of interested in Sandin since his stint in Toronto hasn’t been ideal. Fans like him more than the Organization. Probably could use a fresh start and getting an ELC RHD in return probably a better fit for them
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,700,000
3$2,500,000
2$1,500,000
Trades
NYR
  1. Sandin, Rasmus [RFA Rights]
TOR
  1. Lundkvist, Nils
  2. 2022 5th round pick (NYR)
NYR
ARI
  1. Nemeth, Patrik
Additional Details:
Place holder. Somewhere, anywhere
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$80,044,803$0$3,732,500$2,455,197
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 8
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,700,000$2,700,000
RW
RFA - 2
$894,167$894,167
LW
RFA - 4
$859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 3
$875,000$875,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$800,000$800,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 6, 2022 at 8:01 p.m.
Why bring in Sandin instead of giving Jones a chance
Jul. 6, 2022 at 8:09 p.m.
the organization likes sandin fine, and if he'd take 1.5 to play on the 3rd pairing he'd be signed right now
Jul. 6, 2022 at 8:58 p.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
the organization likes sandin fine, and if he'd take 1.5 to play on the 3rd pairing he'd be signed right now

Strange way of rewarding a player you’re high on. Guess the better way to word it is he is probably-definitely unhappy with the organization
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:02 p.m.
Quoting: TheDime99
Why bring in Sandin instead of giving Jones a chance

I think Sandin might be a step ahead of Jones and is essentially like having a LH Lundkvist. But I’m more than happy with Jones either way.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:02 p.m.
Quoting: NYR1983
Strange way of rewarding a player you’re high on. Guess the better way to word it is he is probably-definitely unhappy with the organization

what's a strange way of rewarding him? not signing him to a contract that he doesnt want and playing him on the 3rd pairing? The 'rumours' and that's all they are, basically say he just wants some assurances that he wont be in and out of the line up all the time. The only issue in toronto is that he plays LD on a team with Rielly and Muzzin and he needs to beat one of them out for ice time. So doing the same thing with another organization doesnt help his supposed unhappiness
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:06 p.m.
what's a strange way of rewarding him? not signing him to a contract that he doesnt want and playing him on the 3rd pairing? The 'rumours' and that's all they are, basically say he just wants some assurances that he wont be in and out of the line up all the time. The only issue in toronto is that he plays LD on a team with Rielly and Muzzin and he needs to beat one of them out for ice time. So doing the same thing with another organization doesnt help his supposed unhappiness

Not playing him in the playoffs… relegated him to no ice time when healthy from being the PPQB a few years ago. < strange 👀
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:08 p.m.
Not playing him in the playoffs… relegated him to no ice time when healthy from being the PPQB a few years ago. < strange 👀

or he was recovering from a bad knee injury and they didnt want to throw him to the wolves against a top 2 team in the league?
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:10 p.m.
or he was recovering from a bad knee injury and they didnt want to throw him to the wolves against a top 2 team in the league?

Well considering he was healthy that doesn’t make sense. But sure.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:14 p.m.
Well considering he was healthy that doesn’t make sense. But sure.

i dunno if you've ever hurt your knee, but healthy after an injury doesnt mean up to speed or capable of jogging around the block let alone playing a professional sport during the highest intensity environment it has. But sure.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:18 p.m.
NYR D-core is strong. We don't need to go shopping. I just posted a "Stay the Course" roster that I encourage all to take a look at. The full team rational: I presented a 22-man roster so as to show the available FREE CAP SPACE. Nils and Zach should compete for the 3LD slot. I like Nils. Here's why; based on their career stats, and in Zach and Nils case it is admittedly small sample, the plus/minus ratios of the 7 Ranger D [computed as their plus/minus divided games played] looks like this: Fox (+.291) Lindgren (+.247) Miller (+.237) Lundqvist (+.160) Schneider (+.116) Trouba (+.089) Jones (-.409). Zach has upside potential on the offense, but yet to demonstrate he can play defense. For a 3rd pair D-man, personally I am looking for D-Fence first. I have also seen more interest in Nils outside the NYR fanbase. That tells me he is the keeper. That said, the 23rd man on the roster would be Zach. Give them both a shot, a little competition is good for the should. Or as John Condon, long time MSG boxing announcer use to close with, "and may the better participant emerge victorious." Vitali Kravtsov was signed for $875K for 1 year. This suggests to me that the NYR are looking to move him. If they intend to give a serious look, there is certainly room to accomplish that. Personally, I don't think Vitali is NHL caliber material. But I would not be unhappy to have him prove me wrong.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:19 p.m.
i dunno if you've ever hurt your knee, but healthy after an injury doesnt mean up to speed or capable of jogging around the block let alone playing a professional sport during the highest intensity environment it has. But sure.

Torn ACL and Meniscus and if you could do those things you would still be on the IR and not cleared to play. Dr isn’t going to clear him to play a contact sport at any level let alone high level if he isn’t fully capable. Blais was cleared to play in the conference finals but NYR held him out for no reason other than we had many others to play. Had it of been 1st round he would have seen ice time at some point
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:21 p.m.
The good for the soul.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:25 p.m.
Torn ACL and Meniscus and if you could do those things you would still be on the IR and not cleared to play. Dr isn’t going to clear him to play a contact sport at any level let alone high level if he isn’t fully capable. Blais was cleared to play in the conference finals but NYR held him out for no reason other than we had many others to play. Had it of been 1st round he would have seen ice time at some point

And if the leafs had thought he was ready, he would have played too. Just because you want him to be mad at the leafs so he leaves doesnt make it true. Unless you wanna pretend Blais isnt happy either
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:30 p.m.
Quoting: gdli
NYR D-core is strong. We don't need to go shopping. I just posted a "Stay the Course" roster that I encourage all to take a look at. The full team rational: I presented a 22-man roster so as to show the available FREE CAP SPACE. Nils and Zach should compete for the 3LD slot. I like Nils. Here's why; based on their career stats, and in Zach and Nils case it is admittedly small sample, the plus/minus ratios of the 7 Ranger D [computed as their plus/minus divided games played] looks like this: Fox (+.291) Lindgren (+.247) Miller (+.237) Lundqvist (+.160) Schneider (+.116) Trouba (+.089) Jones (-.409). Zach has upside potential on the offense, but yet to demonstrate he can play defense. For a 3rd pair D-man, personally I am looking for D-Fence first. I have also seen more interest in Nils outside the NYR fanbase. That tells me he is the keeper. That said, the 23rd man on the roster would be Zach. Give them both a shot, a little competition is good for the should. Or as John Condon, long time MSG boxing announcer use to close with, "and may the better participant emerge victorious." Vitali Kravtsov was signed for $875K for 1 year. This suggests to me that the NYR are looking to move him. If they intend to give a serious look, there is certainly room to accomplish that. Personally, I don't think Vitali is NHL caliber material. But I would not be unhappy to have him prove me wrong.

Wasn’t really shopping so to speak. Swapping a RHD (which we have too many) for a slightly better LHD (which we need) unless Jones can jump in and be a legit #5 type of guy. D core looks good but also we a terrible 5v5 so the better the D core the more we can protect shesty and more importantly any backup we have
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:38 p.m.
And if the leafs had thought he was ready, he would have played too. Just because you want him to be mad at the leafs so he leaves doesnt make it true. Unless you wanna pretend Blais isnt happy either

You’re missing it. That’s fine. Blais was so angry he signed the offer he was handed, an offer below his QO no less. He really showed them. I think Sandin is more likely to get an OS from some other team anyways but thought I’d toss a trade idea out there. But possibly he signs with Toronto to play on his off wing on the 3rd pair for less than he wants. Nothing is out of the question
Jul. 6, 2022 at 9:46 p.m.
You’re missing it. That’s fine. Blais was so angry he signed the offer he was handed, an offer below his QO no less. He really showed them. I think Sandin is more likely to get an OS from some other team anyways but thought I’d toss a trade idea out there. But possibly he signs with Toronto to play on his off wing on the 3rd pair for less than he wants. Nothing is out of the question

im not missing anything, my entire point is that you are manufacturing a narrative out of a hilariously vague quote from a secondary party, and if you wanna make up stories about him being so very unhappy with the leafs because they didnt feed him and his freshly healed knee to tampa then i can make up stories about Blais and they both have the same weight.
And he's just as likely to get an offersheet as anyone is any year, you know, the thing that pretty much never happens.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 10:09 p.m.
Wasn’t really shopping so to speak. Swapping a RHD (which we have too many) for a slightly better LHD (which we need) unless Jones can jump in and be a legit #5 type of guy. D core looks good but also we a terrible 5v5 so the better the D core the more we can protect shesty and more importantly any backup we have

I'm not shopping for D-men either. I just posted a team with the idea that Zach and Nils compete for the 3LD slot. Let them compete for that. I believe Nils will be the winner, If Nils is the winner, he slides to the right side when Braden moves up to the 2RD slot.
NYR1983 liked this.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 10:13 p.m.
im not missing anything, my entire point is that you are manufacturing a narrative out of a hilariously vague quote from a secondary party, and if you wanna make up stories about him being so very unhappy with the leafs because they didnt feed him and his freshly healed knee to tampa then i can make up stories about Blais and they both have the same weight.
And he's just as likely to get an offersheet as anyone is any year, you know, the thing that pretty much never happens.

Dubas has been quote speaking in his frustration on the subject. Wanting the OS to come sooner than later so they can just move on. Sources close to the leafs have disclosed that the parties aren’t close. So, Dubas(the org) is unhappy he won’t sign a cheap/insulting deal while Sandin is unhappy that he isn’t being offered more. The point you’re missing is if there was a deal to be made and if they were even close it would be done or at least positive rumblings around it. Letang is reportedly close to signing. It’s not done yet but we know they are close. We also know that Sandin and Leafs aren’t close. It’s more of a read between the lines situation. I get that you’re a die hard fan and want to believe everything is perfect and will work out but sometimes they don’t. Lias Anderson, PLD, Laine are just a few of recent situations that didn’t work out for the fans. Nylander even had a hell of a stint where they couldn’t agree, maybe Sandin signs in December with the leafs. But as of right now both sides are “UNHAPPY” with each other. Kravs and NYR were unhappy and worked through it so in no way am I saying it a finished relationship. Sometimes it can’t be worked out.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 10:19 p.m.
Dubas has been quote speaking in his frustration on the subject. Wanting the OS to come sooner than later so they can just move on. Sources close to the leafs have disclosed that the parties aren’t close. So, Dubas(the org) is unhappy he won’t sign a cheap/insulting deal while Sandin is unhappy that he isn’t being offered more. The point you’re missing is if there was a deal to be made and if they were even close it would be done or at least positive rumblings around it. Letang is reportedly close to signing. It’s not done yet but we know they are close. We also know that Sandin and Leafs aren’t close. It’s more of a read between the lines situation. I get that you’re a die hard fan and want to believe everything is perfect and will work out but sometimes they don’t. Lias Anderson, PLD, Laine are just a few of recent situations that didn’t work out for the fans. Nylander even had a hell of a stint where they couldn’t agree, maybe Sandin signs in December with the leafs. But as of right now both sides are “UNHAPPY” with each other. Kravs and NYR were unhappy and worked through it so in no way am I saying it a finished relationship. Sometimes it can’t be worked out.

lol, literally nothing you said is true. Dubas made a joke during an interview, sources have said "it is harder than expected" and that's literally it. Oh, and lots of players sign without fan fair or right after 'issues'
You keep saying Sandin and the Leafs arnt close, but you are literally making that up, literally no one of any consequence has said anything like that.
This has nothing to do with me being a die hard or wanting to believe anything. this is me knowing how quotes from insiders actually work and not assuming things like people here love to do.
I mean, if i was doing what you were doing id be making up quotes about how the leafs and sandin are best buddies and are doing this just to mess with you specifically.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 10:23 p.m.
lol, literally nothing you said is true. Dubas made a joke during an interview, sources have said "it is harder than expected" and that's literally it. Oh, and lots of players sign without fan fair or right after 'issues'
You keep saying Sandin and the Leafs arnt close, but you are literally making that up, literally no one of any consequence has said anything like that.
This has nothing to do with me being a die hard or wanting to believe anything. this is me knowing how quotes from insiders actually work and not assuming things like people here love to do.
I mean, if i was doing what you were doing id be making up quotes about how the leafs and sandin are best buddies and are doing this just to mess with you specifically.

Hmmm delusional fan base is more click bait that comes to mind. Guess you know everything bud. What do you think the final deal between them will be?
Jul. 6, 2022 at 10:33 p.m.
Hmmm delusional fan base is more click bait that comes to mind. Guess you know everything bud. What do you think the final deal between them will be?

i know what the quote were at least, and that's more than you seem to know. And if he isnt traded (which was an option long before any 'issues') he ends up close to what liljegren got, maybe a little less aav for a year if he wants a show me deal, or maybe a little more aav if he wants an extra year term, so a min of 1.25 for a year or a max of 1.85 for 3
Jul. 6, 2022 at 10:39 p.m.
i know what the quote were at least, and that's more than you seem to know. And if he isnt traded (which was an option long before any 'issues') he ends up close to what liljegren got, maybe a little less aav for a year if he wants a show me deal, or maybe a little more aav if he wants an extra year term, so a min of 1.25 for a year or a max of 1.85 for 3

Well my life goes beyond memorizing every quote surrounding the nhl unfortunately. Also lack the ability to really care about it. I guess we will see how his deal pans out
Jul. 6, 2022 at 11:05 p.m.
Well my life goes beyond memorizing every quote surrounding the nhl unfortunately. Also lack the ability to really care about it. I guess we will see how his deal pans out

well maybe you should read the quotes before you talk about them like you know what they are talking about and start making stuff up based on half remembered things and interpretations you read here
Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:38 a.m.
well maybe you should read the quotes before you talk about them like you know what they are talking about and start making stuff up based on half remembered things and interpretations you read here

Just glad you took this as seriously as I said to
Jul. 7, 2022 at 7:17 a.m.
Just glad you took this as seriously as I said to

well if you weren't gonna follow your own rules, why should i?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll