SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Predictive Mock

Predictive Mock

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: BruinsFan35
Published: Jul. 7, 2022 at 9:48 a.m.
Description
Apologies for those who were following the series of Team Specific Draft Boards that I was doing, I plainly lost track of time and was set back by holiday stuff. So, here my final predictive mock of the season, first round. Of course, I expect to be wrong by pick 3, and this post will age like milk, but whatever.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 9:50 a.m.
Also, use my Draft Guide to look up who your team drafts. 300+ profiles (and almost 750 total with unfinished profiles, which I won’t share but will provide comments on if your team drafts a player off of my Guide)

Find it at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RzNMz5ZHa26mgLprz-fbn1V5_JOUAc94GrZrpz9suW4/edit?usp=sharing
Jul. 7, 2022 at 10:36 a.m.
You really don't need to apologize for anything. You don't own us anything.
All mocks are going to be wrong, beside the one with 225 correct picks wink And cheese is also aged milk.

You've been more excited than me about the quality of the class. A few more teams are trying to trade their high 1st round pick, which for me is additional indication of worse quality. But at the end it doesn't matter. The point is to draft smart and for the most part to recognize BPA. Quality over quantity.
Predicting the mock, when the final draft order of the teams selecting high, adds to unpredictability.

My bold prediction is Savoie will fall out to range 10-15 and Lambert will be selected with no. 6 or no. 7, depends of the (potential) trades yet to be made and the new owners of the respective pick(s). Somebody will try to reach for him. He is very risky pick, but potential reward will attract some GMs. I also think Mintyukov and Korchinski could both be selected in top10, while I expect Yurov to still be available in the bottom third of the 1st round.
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 11:05 a.m.
power forward
This is honestly the best take I've yet to see. Agree with everything, only questionable pick is Chelsey at 12th and Salomonsson at 30th. I personally prefer Tucker Robertson (he could fit well under the defensive system of Rick Bowness) or Lane Hutson (his puck protecting is daredevil-like and the best in the draft; only thing that worries me is the size).
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 11:14 a.m.
Quoting: christianyog
This is honestly the best take I've yet to see. Agree with everything, only questionable pick is Chelsey at 12th and Salomonsson at 30th. I personally prefer Tucker Robertson (he could fit well under the defensive system of Rick Bowness) or Lane Hutson (his puck protecting is daredevil-like and the best in the draft; only thing that worries me is the size).

You know I’ve got a lot of love for Robertson lol. But yes, also good options. I expect RDs to go higher than they should due to necessity. Chesley is the best purely defensive d-man in the class, so he’ll jump above his skill level I think.
Z0ra liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 11:17 a.m.
Quoting: Playersoverpayed
You really don't need to apologize for anything. You don't own us anything.
All mocks are going to be wrong, beside the one with 225 correct picks wink And cheese is also aged milk.

You've been more excited than me about the quality of the class. A few more teams are trying to trade their high 1st round pick, which for me is additional indication of worse quality. But at the end it doesn't matter. The point is to draft smart and for the most part to recognize BPA. Quality over quantity.
Predicting the mock, when the final draft order of the teams selecting high, adds to unpredictability.

My bold prediction is Savoie will fall out to range 10-15 and Lambert will be selected with no. 6 or no. 7, depends of the (potential) trades yet to be made and the new owners of the respective pick(s). Somebody will try to reach for him. He is very risky pick, but potential reward will attract some GMs. I also think Mintyukov and Korchinski could both be selected in top10, while I expect Yurov to still be available in the bottom third of the 1st round.

I’m telling you, I’m getting strong 2015 vibes from this class’ strength, both at the top and depth wise. Maybe 2003-level class.

What helps is the question marks (OHL for example) in last years class being mostly Undrafted. Allows for a strong DY+1 class to pair with an already strong DY class.
Playersoverpayed liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:07 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: BruinsFan35
You know I’ve got a lot of love for Robertson lol. But yes, also good options. I expect RDs to go higher than they should due to necessity. Chesley is the best purely defensive d-man in the class, so he’ll jump above his skill level I think.

Also you are spot on with Geekie at 20th. Though there is rumors that Detroit is high on him and have interest.
BruinsFan35 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll