Forums/NHL Trades

(NYR/COL) - Georgiev for 2x 3rd, 1x 5th

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:56 p.m.
RETIRED
Quoting: drambui
that late in the draft i dont think it really matters the difference in position to gauge the trade value. what i think people are forgetting is that the avs had early exits the 2 years before their the cup mainly because of bad goaltending in the playoffs. i dont think downgrading in that positikn is that good of an option for them. but maybeeee georgiev will prove us wrong.

You think Kuemper gave COL good consistent goaltending? Lol
He had 9 playoff games with .900 or worse sv% this year
Jul. 7, 2022 at 6:01 p.m.
Quoting: McRanteskog
You think Kuemper gave COL good consistent goaltending? Lol
He had 9 playoff games with .900 or worse sv% this year

i mostly remember the avs back up goalies letting in loos of bad goal those 2 years. i know the stats qere similar, even though kumper have a slight edge. i just feel in did no let in as many bad goals as the other backup did 2 years before. i know its not stats, but its more the quality of goals let in based of my memory, and it can be biased. but stats dont tell the whole story, for exemple, campbell had the greatest stats against the habs, but the goals he did let in were not very good ones.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 6:22 p.m.
retired
not a fan of a francouz/georgiev tandem but man are people underrating francouz.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 10:36 p.m.
The price seems a bit high for an unsigned RFA, but the bigger question is, is he a #1 goalie? This is just me speaking from memory, but it seems that taking another team’s backup goalie and trying to make him your #1 usually doesn’t work out.

Conventional wisdom is that a contending team needs elite goaltending. They didn’t necessarily get that this year, but they got the saves when they needed them. If this is a downgrade, I’m not sure it’s good enough to win the cup again.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 10, 2022 at 8:52 p.m.
sen krak fan
Seems meh for both teams.
Jul. 11, 2022 at 9:29 a.m.
It always makes me happy to go back and look at the Kuemper transactions and see the same exact people saying the same exact things about him. All of you people don't know goalies...
Jan. 25, 2023 at 9:21 p.m.
Bedard23
The avs robbed the rangers blind

Ok I get Georgiev was never getting a chance in New York but it says a lot when your best back up is washed up Jaroslav Halak who I forgot was even still in the league
Feb. 4, 2023 at 9:21 a.m.
Quoting: GenXHockey
Sakic got absolutely fleeced. There is no other way to describe this trade.

He got fleeced. No one is overlooking anything. It's okay. He usually does great work. But this time he did not.

You usually have good takes. This time you did not.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 10:12 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: BruinsCharlies

I'd love to know what scouting technique the Avs used here. He was terrible the past few years and then came to the Avs and is good.
Saskleaf and GenXHockey liked this.
Feb. 5, 2023 at 10:58 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

I stand by my take. Just because it happened to work out doesn't change his value at the time.
Feb. 5, 2023 at 2:06 p.m.
I stand by my take. Just because it happened to work out doesn't change his value at the time.

The Rangers had 5 years invested in an average NHL goalie who at 26 most likely had his best years ahead of him. That has value. The 2 3rds and 1 5th that Sakic paid at that time was his value. He did not get fleeced. Georgiev's .920 save percentage further and status as #1 goalie of the Avalanche only further validates the value that Sakic paid at the time of the trade.
Feb. 5, 2023 at 9:34 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
The Rangers had 5 years invested in an average NHL goalie who at 26 most likely had his best years ahead of him. That has value. The 2 3rds and 1 5th that Sakic paid at that time was his value. He did not get fleeced. Georgiev's .920 save percentage further and status as #1 goalie of the Avalanche only further validates the value that Sakic paid at the time of the trade.

Dubas got a 3rd for Murray who has played decent this season.... he got fleeced.

If Georgiev continued to tank would the deal still be fair?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit