2022 13oa
NYI
  1. Kane, Patrick ($5,250,000 retained)
CHI
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (EDM)
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (EDM)
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Toews, Jonathan ($5,250,000 retained)
CHI
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (CGY)
CGY
  1. Strome, Dylan [RFA Rights]
CHI
  1. 2023 1st round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
2022 16 oa
BUF
  1. Dach, Kirby [RFA Rights]
CHI
  1. 2023 1st round pick (ANA)
  2. 2024 1st round pick (ANA)
Retained Salary Transactions
Recapture Fees
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
11$82,500,000$39,234,295$237,500$1,275,000$43,265,705
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$758,333$758,333
LW
RFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$758,333$758,333
RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 2
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$975,000$975,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 7, 2022 at 4:42 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
I’m old enough to remember when the Canes were supposed to trade Necas, Morrow, and 2 1st for DeBrincat.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 4:43 p.m.
Yeah, I would keep an eye on Kane. He's definitely enraged right now, best revenge though for him would be carrying the Hawks and preventing them from hitting rock bottom, then walking in Free Agency lol.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 4:43 p.m.
What Rocky should say to Kyle for trading away DeBrincat for a pittance:
Jul. 7, 2022 at 4:44 p.m.
Funksoljah
Quoting: GMBL
Yeah, I would keep an eye on Kane. He's definitely enraged right now, best revenge though for him would be carrying the Hawks and preventing them from hitting rock bottom, then walking in Free Agency lol.

That or saying he will only accept a trade to 1 specific team and making sure that team knew it so they don't overpay for him like every single one of these trades seem to be doing.
GMBL and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 4:44 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac555
I’m old enough to remember when the Canes were supposed to trade Necas, Morrow, and 2 1st for DeBrincat.

Yep... the 4/3 firsts packages lol. Guess the Fiala trade truly did make an impact even though Minn was on the ropes. Now I want to see what JT Miller fetches.
OldNYIfan and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 4:46 p.m.
LosPatos
Ducks say kick rocks for that lmao
OldNYIfan and Salzy liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 4:48 p.m.
Glep
Let me get this straight, hawks traded the Cole sillinger, Adam boqvist, and the 6th OA pick in the 2022 draft for Seth jones and realizing their mistake they proceeded to trade a 40 goal score under 25 for the 7th pick in the 2022 draft, a 2nd and a third round pick? And now with the same realization that they messed up are shopping jones who is on one of the worst contracts in the league and expect to get 2 firsts for him? After what they got for cat? I’d be surprised if they managed a top 20 pick.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 4:50 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Ha, ha, No, we're not spending ONE of our next two first-round picks on Seth Jones, let alone two. The 2023 could be Bedard.
Salzy and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 4:52 p.m.
oilers laugh in your face
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 4:53 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
You want Flames to pay a 2nd for someone who is reportedly going unqualified? No thanks
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:03 p.m.
That could be two 7th round picks and the Ducks still say no to that horrible contract 😂
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
Strone won’t be qualified for some inexplicable reason.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:06 p.m.
Quoting: Hurricanes73
Let me get this straight, hawks traded the Cole sillinger, Adam boqvist, and the 6th OA pick in the 2022 draft for Seth jones and realizing their mistake they proceeded to trade a 40 goal score under 25 for the 7th pick in the 2022 draft, a 2nd and a third round pick? And now with the same realization that they messed up are shopping jones who is on one of the worst contracts in the league and expect to get 2 firsts for him? After what they got for cat? I’d be surprised if they managed a top 20 pick.

They are doing a tear-down rebuild (to increase their chance at top 3), so keeping DeBrincat wouldn't make sense since he will cost a ton to retain and will be up there in age when they are done.

He has 2 years of team control left, so I see why they didn't get much but the return is still lackluster. Perhaps KD is hoping this prompts Kane to request a trade, and he moves him and Dach in a package deal for a big return. The fact that they didn't get any prospect for Ott probably means they are that confident with their scouting or they made a huge mistake.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:10 p.m.
Glep
They are doing a tear-down rebuild (to increase their chance at top 3), so keeping DeBrincat wouldn't make sense since he will cost a ton to retain and will be up there in age when they are done.

He has 2 years of team control left, so I see why they didn't get much but the return is still lackluster. Perhaps KD is hoping this prompts Kane to request a trade, and he moves him and Dach in a package deal for a big return. The fact that they didn't get any prospect for Ott probably means they are that confident with their scouting or they made a huge mistake.

You completely avoided my main point of seth Jones not fetching a top 20 pick. There isn’t any justification for what they got for cat. Could have gotten much more and didn’t. Not to mention this class is weaker than next years and they didn’t even get a pick in next years draft. This isn’t about cat. This is about the hawks asset management.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:14 p.m.
Edited Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:20 p.m.
You completely avoided my main point of seth Jones not fetching a top 20 pick. There isn’t any justification for what they got for cat. Could have gotten much more and didn’t. Not to mention this class is weaker than next years and they didn’t even get a pick in next years draft. This isn’t about cat. This is about the hawks asset management.

The return for Cat isn't good but it's possible that was the best offer so they probably saw it as two years of DeBrincat or a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I do think they should have at least gotten a good prospect back, and not just 3 lotto tickets (or 2 if they thing the first is basically a sure thing).

They will likely be getting 2023 picks or later (better not be protected) for Jones and young players if they manage to move him.

Every GM of a strong offensive teams should be trying to get Dach for cheap right now. KD should be trying to get other teams "bust" RFAs for cheap.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:15 p.m.
lol, a big pass from buffalo
Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.
Glep
The return for Cat isn't good but it's possible that was the best offer so they probably saw it as two years of DeBrincat or a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I do think they should have at least gotten a good prospect back, and not just 3 lotto tickets (or 2 if they thing the first is basically a sure thing).

They will likely be getting 2023 picks or later (better not be protected) for Jones and young players if they manage to move him.

They probably aren’t moving Jones tho. Unless it has heavy retention his contract is not worth it. He’s an analytical nightmare and his only positive attributes are his size and the fact he can play 24 minutes a night. I see no team biting on that at all. If the return on cat was that low why trade him? It’s a desperation move. Most GMs hold onto their 40 goal scorer and wait for a better offer after the draft, maybe hold on till the TDL if they are waiting on their package. Take the duchene trade for example. Avs held out for over a year after a trade request, mind u cat never requested a trade, waiting for their package and when they got it it resulted in two key components to a cup victory in byram and girard. Not to mention all of the other assets they received. If the hawks waited on selling on cat they would have 100% gotten something better waiting for other GMs desperation to kick in rather than acting on their own
Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.
They probably aren’t moving Jones tho. Unless it has heavy retention his contract is not worth it. He’s an analytical nightmare and his only positive attributes are his size and the fact he can play 24 minutes a night. I see no team biting on that at all. If the return on cat was that low why trade him? It’s a desperation move. Most GMs hold onto their 40 goal scorer and wait for a better offer after the draft, maybe hold on till the TDL if they are waiting on their package. Take the duchene trade for example. Avs held out for over a year after a trade request, mind u cat never requested a trade, waiting for their package and when they got it it resulted in two key components to a cup victory in byram and girard. Not to mention all of the other assets they received. If the hawks waited on selling on cat they would have 100% gotten something better waiting for other GMs desperation to kick in rather than acting on their own

Well the reason they are going for a full blown rebuild is Bedard, Fantilli, and Michkov being in the 2023 draft (all are being called generational talent). Most teams trading their pick next year are probably going to have some sort of protection on it, so their best chance at top 3 is their own pick. Retaining DeBrincat would have cost them a lot in cap and he would be up there in age by the time they are competing again.

Why would they trade DeBrincat now? DeBrincat's value is probably not going to go up next off-season or later in the season since his lower value now isn't due to his performance. Chi also knows where they would be selecting now, a top 10 pick next year might not be interested in moving it for DeBrincat.

The return:
The best offer is the best offer at the end of the day, but I am surprised though that they didn't get any prospect. Chances of a 3rd rounder not making into the NHL isn't low, that's why I said they are probably betting on their scouting.

So, I think they thought of this as a a more calculated since they wanted to have a high pick. Dach probably wasn't going to get them a high pick this year, so now they can just wait and hold out on getting a

Now that they have a first, they can be patient with Dach and perhaps getting something out of Kane too.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 5:53 p.m.
Glep
Well the reason they are going for a full blown rebuild is Bedard, Fantilli, and Michkov being in the 2023 draft (all are being called generational talent). Most teams trading their pick next year are probably going to have some sort of protection on it, so their best chance at top 3 is their own pick. Retaining DeBrincat would have cost them a lot in cap and he would be up there in age by the time they are competing again.

Why would they trade DeBrincat now? DeBrincat's value is probably not going to go up next off-season or later in the season since his lower value now isn't due to his performance. Chi also knows where they would be selecting now, a top 10 pick next year might not be interested in moving it for DeBrincat.

The return:
The best offer is the best offer at the end of the day, but I am surprised though that they didn't get any prospect. Chances of a 3rd rounder not making into the NHL isn't low, that's why I said they are probably betting on their scouting.

So, I think they thought of this as a a more calculated since they wanted to have a high pick. Dach probably wasn't going to get them a high pick this year, so now they can just wait and hold out on getting a

Now that they have a first, they can be patient with Dach and perhaps getting something out of Kane too.

Now imagine they do all of this just to have them get the 4th pick in 2023, always an option. hypothetically speaking they could finish 2nd to last in which case the chance of the 4th pick is 40%. Say they finish 3rd to last, still a 40% chance of the 4th pick but the odds of a top 3 pick are even lower. Roughly a 30% chance at a top 3 pick if they finish 3rd to last. This is a rough bet because Seattle philly Montreal Arizona and the hawks will be in that race for last. I don’t see the hawks winning that race and could easily be the best out of all of those teams. Only way they win that race is if they rid themselves any NHL talent. Fans won’t like that and if kane is gone there is almost no reason to show to a hawks game because kane is worth the price of admission himself. Poverty franchise who won’t be contending for a decade minimum based on poor asset management. Not even Steve yzerman could save this team
Jul. 7, 2022 at 6:03 p.m.
Now imagine they do all of this just to have them get the 4th pick in 2023, always an option. hypothetically speaking they could finish 2nd to last in which case the chance of the 4th pick is 40%. Say they finish 3rd to last, still a 40% chance of the 4th pick but the odds of a top 3 pick are even lower. Roughly a 30% chance at a top 3 pick if they finish 3rd to last. This is a rough bet because Seattle philly Montreal Arizona and the hawks will be in that race for last. I don’t see the hawks winning that race and could easily be the best out of all of those teams. Only way they win that race is if they rid themselves any NHL talent. Fans won’t like that and if kane is gone there is almost no reason to show to a hawks game because kane is worth the price of admission himself. Poverty franchise who won’t be contending for a decade minimum based on poor asset management. Not even Steve yzerman could save this team

They are shopping everyone so that they do win the race, they still can miss of course but the hope is that they have the picks, top 3 is sensational in the 2023 but there are other great players too. This can all blow up in their face. So will KD looks like a madman right now, in hindsight he will be viewed as a great GM if it works, if it doesn't then he will probably be out of a job whenever his contract expires.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll