SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

Hockey cards thread

Jan. 18, 2019 at 3:02 p.m.
Buchnevesey
Quoting: HallforHart
Just found this thread, I'm a pretty big collector, probably have a couple hundred hockey cards. Don't really know if any have value would have to check, but where do you guys usually get cards? Ebay? Hobby Stores? Others? And what packs do you get? Starting to get back into collecting and would appreciate this.

For boxes I generally go Dave and Adams, for singles I use comc cause they’re pretty cheap.
Jan. 18, 2019 at 3:03 p.m.
Buchnevesey
Quoting: EthanK24
I was looking through my hockey card collection and just noticed my Martin Necas Retro Marquee Rookie has no printing on the back.

That’s a blank back. Those are very rare version of that card. Possibly numbered but I’m not sure.
Mar. 12, 2020 at 11:54 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
@rangersandislesfan @Zach What is the beckett rating and what does it mean
Apr. 3, 2020 at 9:18 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: MaxDomi13
@rangersandislesfan @Zach What is the beckett rating and what does it mean

What do you mean? high and low prices in beckett?

Look, don't use beckett to value your cards because a card is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.... Use ebay.... Some cards go for way more that what beckett suggests and at the same time way lower than what beckett suggests...

To answer your question tho, low beckett is generally what a card shop would pay for the card, meanwhile high beckett is what "the card is worth"
Apr. 5, 2020 at 11:51 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: HawksFan28
What do you mean? high and low prices in beckett?

Look, don't use beckett to value your cards because a card is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.... Use ebay.... Some cards go for way more that what beckett suggests and at the same time way lower than what beckett suggests...

To answer your question tho, low beckett is generally what a card shop would pay for the card, meanwhile high beckett is what "the card is worth"

umm... okay thanks
Feb. 3, 2021 at 7:03 p.m.
sbinalla
mcdavid opee chee marque rookies rookie card
or a auston mattews all star game banner card

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll