SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Philadelphia Flyers

Trade couturier ?

May 13, 2017 at 9:53 p.m.
Habs fan French
Trade couturier or not for a top 4 ?
May 15, 2017 at 2:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Yeah, i could possibly see Philly moving out Couturier for a D-Man ... he had a great end to the season and i think he could be better on a new team, like possibly Montreal ... he would cost a lot to get though, that's the only problem for other teams wanting him. If i'm correct (which i might not be) he got 14 points in his last 15 games this season ... he might even cost a top 2 guy if you ask me. Montreal, i think, would offer something along the lines of Scherback, Juulsen, and a 1st round pick, which might be a little too much. So yeah, maybe not quite that high, but he would cost a lot. Or the Flyers could try a package of Sean Courturier, Samuel Morin, Travis Sanheim, and a 2nd round pick, and see who that could get them ... that would be a crazy good package that could get them a LOT. But you know, it's a really good question ... by the end of the day, if i had to come up with a perfect offseason for the whole NHL, the number 1 best possibility, Sean Couturier would stay a Philadelphia Flyer, though there would be talks about a Couturier trade for sure. Just with the high asking price, and the question about whether he'll play better next year, i think by the end of the day, he stays in Philly.
May 26, 2017 at 10:44 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Yeah, i could possibly see Philly moving out Couturier for a D-Man ... he had a great end to the season and i think he could be better on a new team, like possibly Montreal ... he would cost a lot to get though, that's the only problem for other teams wanting him. If i'm correct (which i might not be) he got 14 points in his last 15 games this season ... he might even cost a top 2 guy if you ask me. Montreal, i think, would offer something along the lines of Scherback, Juulsen, and a 1st round pick, which might be a little too much. So yeah, maybe not quite that high, but he would cost a lot. Or the Flyers could try a package of Sean Courturier, Samuel Morin, Travis Sanheim, and a 2nd round pick, and see who that could get them ... that would be a crazy good package that could get them a LOT. But you know, it's a really good question ... by the end of the day, if i had to come up with a perfect offseason for the whole NHL, the number 1 best possibility, Sean Couturier would stay a Philadelphia Flyer, though there would be talks about a Couturier trade for sure. Just with the high asking price, and the question about whether he'll play better next year, i think by the end of the day, he stays in Philly.

literally have no more needs for defenseman
May 26, 2017 at 2:48 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

literally have no more needs for defenseman

Philly only really has 3 top 4 defensemen, Provorov, Ghostisbehere, and Gudas. I could see a Couturier trade for a defenseman possibly. Not sure though.
May 26, 2017 at 3:38 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Why would you trade a budding star for something you don't need. I mean seriously: Provorov, Gudas, Gotisbehere, etc, just sign a free agent to solidify the D, don't trade a valuable forward. Don't understand why so many Flyers fans think Couturier is going to get traded, I'd trade Giroux before I traded a piece of my future.
Phil2893 liked this.
May 30, 2017 at 1:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DarylthePony
Why would you trade a budding star for something you don't need. I mean seriously: Provorov, Gudas, Gotisbehere, etc, just sign a free agent to solidify the D, don't trade a valuable forward. Don't understand why so many Flyers fans think Couturier is going to get traded, I'd trade Giroux before I traded a piece of my future.

Well Couturier was having a bad year before recently when he started scoring a lot. He finished the year with just over a point every 2 games. As i said, i don't think they should trade him but i think it's something to consider. He's not like a total game-changing player, though he could be. Maybe on the right team. I could see him as a 1st liner centre in Montreal if they try to get him, though i could also see Ottawa trying to get him. I think Anaheim, Nashville, Minnesota, and San Jose are other options. I think their D needs to be fixed. I mean, Ghostisbehere and Provorov are the only top 2 d-men on their team i think, which is fine, then Gudas is a top 4 though probably not top 2. After that they have Del-Zotto and Manning who i'd probably call 3rd pairing guys. Then Schultz who would be a 7th/8th d-man and is a UFA anyway, so is MDZ. Then they have Macdonald who i actually think is a better player than most think he is. So in the end i think they still need to fix their D. But they could sign a UFA or trade without it involving Couturier.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 10:37 p.m.
Banned
Nielsen, F. For Filppula, V
Jun. 29, 2017 at 10:53 p.m.
I've never seen Couturier as a potential tops Center on a contender, not since he's been in the NHL. He's probably the best 3rd line center in the league because of his skill set, and has the talent to be a 2 center on a deep team, but again would rather he do the heavy lifting then score 50+ points a year.

Scoring most his points in the last 15 games is NOT a good thing, unless those games are playoff games.

But I'd agree with whoever said trade Giroux ... he's the one not living up to his role as the 1st Center, who's production just keeps dropping. There are people getting paid much less to score a bit more.
Jun. 30, 2017 at 8:08 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Schenn go traded, this may mean Couturier stays. However, I could see him getting traded for a defenseman.
Jun. 30, 2017 at 10:34 a.m.
trouble with couturier is he seems to have settled in a third line centre making 4.3m long term. not that attractive in a trade that would bring anything substantial to the flyers. flyers just have too many players "not living up their pay". gonna be difficult to even make the playoffs unless players on ELCs have very good seasons.
Jul. 1, 2017 at 8:31 p.m.
Quoting: clark
trouble with couturier is he seems to have settled in a third line centre making 4.3m long term. not that attractive in a trade that would bring anything substantial to the flyers. flyers just have too many players "not living up their pay". gonna be difficult to even make the playoffs unless players on ELCs have very good seasons.

thats entirely false. Couturier is the teams best 5v5 player. he is a 2c that cannot perform when given matt read and dale weise as line mates
Jul. 1, 2017 at 8:31 p.m.
Quoting: DarylthePony
Schenn go traded, this may mean Couturier stays. However, I could see him getting traded for a defenseman.

we have a surplus of defense, no need to get more
Jul. 1, 2017 at 10:22 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
It looks like trading's probably mostly done for the year, probably only 2 or 3 more trades in my opinion before october.
Jul. 28, 2017 at 5:06 a.m.
Coots is not going to be traded, He a 24 yr old locked up for 4 yrs at a reasonable 4.3 mil/yr. He is the Flyers best "shutdown" forward. To trade him would be a mistake, to trade him for a Top4 Dman is...not worth considering since the team has many good young prospects to fill all 6 defense slots in the near future.
I would consider moving Simmonds in order to take advantage of his stock now and fleece whatever team he is traded too. He is 28 and has 2 yrs left on a "cheap" 3.4 mil/yr contract.
I would also try to move Read, Weiss, Filppula and just bury McDonald in the AHL.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll