SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Dallas Stars signed Colin Miller (2 Years / $1,850,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 13, 2022 at 5:55 p.m.
Gudbranson flavoured laughter
Jul. 13, 2022 at 6:11 p.m.
Hockey Life Since 93
Underrated signing that fills a HUGE need on the right side of the Stars blue line.
rollie1967 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 6:13 p.m.
Hockey Life Since 93
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Yeah Klinger is a gonner and our D core just downgraded majorly. Jim Nill is probably one of the worst GM's when it comes to free agency, he's very unorganized. Need a big year from Harley.

I’d like to see what you consider “unorganized” in free agency.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 6:14 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: AddiAsh20
I’d like to see what you consider “unorganized” in free agency.

Having two 3rd pairings is what I call very unorganized, our D core is really weak now if Harley doesn't leap massively next year.
kdawg32086 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 6:22 p.m.
Hockey Life Since 93
Lol you probably complained about the Holtby signing until he was playing games. Also probably complained about Glendening and Raffl last year when they were big contributors on cheap deals. I’ll trust Jim Nill’s plan on where he’s going to play Collin Miller. We all know that they didn’t have $6-7 million to drop on a right handed defenseman after addressing scoring which is what the higher tier RHD are getting yet the need for a RHD is still a need so unorganized Nill got Miller on a steal of a deal.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
Jinx god
Edited Jul. 13, 2022 at 6:40 p.m.
Quoting: AddiAsh20
Lol you probably complained about the Holtby signing until he was playing games. Also probably complained about Glendening and Raffl last year when they were big contributors on cheap deals. I’ll trust Jim Nill’s plan on where he’s going to play Collin Miller. We all know that they didn’t have $6-7 million to drop on a right handed defenseman after addressing scoring which is what the higher tier RHD are getting yet the need for a RHD is still a need so unorganized Nill got Miller on a steal of a deal.

Use the quote function if you want me to see your reply.

And no I didn't complain about them because I knew they were going to be played in correct roles. Holtby I was confused at first with all our goalies, but he was alright, I was pissed at Otter in the AHL because he was ahead of all of our goalies by A LOT.

Miller is a fantastic signing, and would be a really great move IF he'd be our 4th best dman, only problem Ryan Suter exist. Him and Miller aren't a 2nd pairing, but more a 3rd pairing. Unless he gets another top 4 dman, this won't be a good offseason by Nill, with this D core, you're looking at a fringe playoff team, who at most will lose in the first round.

I'll take back everything I've said IF Nill acquires another top 4 D.

In short: this is fantastic, love the moves he's done so far, but I don't like how the D core looks like rn.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 6:31 p.m.
Jamie Benn is BACK
Good value to get Miller for that contract, but kinda meh when you consider the context. Jim Nill just signed him to play top 4 minutes, not be a 3rd pair guy. Given how cheap a trade for Burns ended up being, this combined with the Marchment signing are very underwhelming. Hopefully they don't give Nill a new contract.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 7:07 p.m.
This is good value, obviously he didnt have much leverage, but along with the Justin Schultz to SEA deal- these are good signings with value...unlike the overpays that went to Chariot, Gudbrandson and Leddy.
Jul. 14, 2022 at 7:03 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Good 3rd pairing option

Lmaooo, not with Hakanpaa still there

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit