Forums/Armchair-GM

Am I Starsing

Created by: C_M_O_R
Team: 2022-23 Dallas Stars
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 16, 2022
Published: Jul. 16, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So I think I’m off. As a base trade, how far am I off?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$7,000,000
3$4,250,000
Trades
DAL
ARI
  1. Khudobin, Anton
Additional Details:
Cap dump, pick added
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$81,754,999$675,000$1,545,000$745,001
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
RFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,500,000$5,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,850,000$9,850,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$894,167$894,167
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$8,450,000$8,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 16, 2022 at 5:52 p.m.
Jersey gets a better offer than this. Suter isn’t getting scratched lol
Goofie, C_M_O_R and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 6:05 p.m.
Quoting: SlevinKalevra
Jersey gets a better offer than this. Suter isn’t getting scratched lol

I say scratch him until he quits 😀
C_M_O_R and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 6:29 p.m.
Quoting: Phleb2
I say scratch him until he quits 😀

He puts up solid points and fancy stars for what he’s paid. I was grumpy that he was getting the minutes I wanted Harley to get, but the truth is young defensemen aren’t just thrown in like that. Harley will get more minutes and offensive usage now that Klinger is gone. Suter and Miller are just fine as place holders imo. Truth is upgrading either of them will cost futures and require cap space we don’t have. Let’s give the Suter is trash narrative a rest til we see what he looks like and what kinds of usage he sees under DB
Jul. 16, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
He puts up solid points and fancy stars for what he’s paid. I was grumpy that he was getting the minutes I wanted Harley to get, but the truth is young defensemen aren’t just thrown in like that. Harley will get more minutes and offensive usage now that Klinger is gone. Suter and Miller are just fine as place holders imo. Truth is upgrading either of them will cost futures and require cap space we don’t have. Let’s give the Suter is trash narrative a rest til we see what he looks like and what kinds of usage he sees under DB

Suter’s number we’re OK because he played alongside Miro.

This organization is working upside down. Instead of doing all it can to help his Franchise D reach the highest possible ceiling they prefer using that Franchise player to help an over the hill Vet reach the floor.

Suter wasn’t good enough to play with Klingberg and he needed Spurgeon in Minnesota to look good.

This signing is the worst done by Nill by a long shot. 4 years + NMC to a 36 years old player!

Just buy out his ass and move on.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 7:36 p.m.
Suter’s number we’re OK because he played alongside Miro.

This organization is working upside down. Instead of doing all it can to help his Franchise D reach the highest possible ceiling they prefer using that Franchise player to help an over the hill Vet reach the floor.

Suter wasn’t good enough to play with Klingberg and he needed Spurgeon in Minnesota to look good.

This signing is the worst done by Nill by a long shot. 4 years + NMC to a 36 years old player!

Just buy out his ass and move on.

I disagree. I think the front office finally has their collective head on straight. We have a proper head coach. We have been drafting well. I think the game plan is to ice a playoff team while stacking up our prospect pool. Marchment is an ideal fit for bringing in Johnston, Bourque, and Stankoven. Suter and Miller are solid place holders that expire right around when the younger guys might be ready. You want an ideal partner for Miro? We’d have to give up substantial futures to get that player. We’d have to give up substantial futures to clear cap space for that player. Maybe that player is Harley. Bichsel, Kyrou, so on
Francez liked this.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 7:59 p.m.
I disagree. I think the front office finally has their collective head on straight. We have a proper head coach. We have been drafting well. I think the game plan is to ice a playoff team while stacking up our prospect pool. Marchment is an ideal fit for bringing in Johnston, Bourque, and Stankoven. Suter and Miller are solid place holders that expire right around when the younger guys might be ready. You want an ideal partner for Miro? We’d have to give up substantial futures to get that player. We’d have to give up substantial futures to clear cap space for that player. Maybe that player is Harley. Bichsel, Kyrou, so on

That roster, especially the D, is barely a PO roster and certainly not a SC contender. And frankly I don’t mind. I think they are entering a transition phase after which they will be a deadly force.

It’s a funny organization. They do moves (new HC and Marchment) that indicates that they are going for it and in the other hands they will have a sub par defensive corps after letting go one of the best D they produced.

I see no clear and coherent vision and strategies.
C_M_O_R liked this.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 8:59 p.m.
Jinx god

I’m just hoping he doesn’t continue playing like he did these past playoffs, cuz that was below ECHL level bad. Worst than Cogs+Comeau in the bubble.

He wasn’t that bad in the regular season, but I’d get rid of him next year to make room for either Weegar or Severson (if they hit the market).
Goofie and C_M_O_R liked this.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 11:40 p.m.
That roster, especially the D, is barely a PO roster and certainly not a SC contender. And frankly I don’t mind. I think they are entering a transition phase after which they will be a deadly force.

It’s a funny organization. They do moves (new HC and Marchment) that indicates that they are going for it and in the other hands they will have a sub par defensive corps after letting go one of the best D they produced.

I see no clear and coherent vision and strategies.

Marchment is NOT a going for it addition. He’s an affordable top six forward on shorter term. Lol. Going for it would be giving Johnston and first rounders for Tkachuk or something silly like that. Marchment is a strong addition at a reasonable cost that will help bring our center prospects into the mix. Miller is an affordable right hand shot that fills and need and hopefully helps move Harley along. With all the movement that has happened so far Nill has had a lot of opportunities to do something stupid and trade futures. Watching White’s interview I get the feeling there is a very clear vision. And that’s to keep adding prospects and maintain a winning culture. Are we gonna be too contenders? Prolly not. Dallas isn’t a hockey market that can really afford a rebuild revenue wise. So building a consistently good team makes a lot of sense from a business perspective. If some of these prospects hit I could easily see us having a better team than the one that went to the cup finals as soon as this year
Jul. 16, 2022 at 11:43 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I’m just hoping he doesn’t continue playing like he did these past playoffs, cuz that was below ECHL level bad. Worst than Cogs+Comeau in the bubble.

He wasn’t that bad in the regular season, but I’d get rid of him next year to make room for either Weegar or Severson (if they hit the market).

Time will tell. Ideally come playoff time Harley has pushed him down the depth chart. I just don’t see him going anywhere any time soon. Might as well hope he plays well
Jul. 16, 2022 at 11:44 p.m.
Jinx god
Time will tell. Ideally come playoff time Harley has pushed him down the depth chart. I just don’t see him going anywhere any time soon. Might as well hope he plays well

Yeah, even if Nill should buyout both Faksa and Suter next year to get a good RHD like Severson or Weegar, he won’t. I’m just dreaming that he will lol.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 11:51 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Yeah, even if Nill should buyout both Faksa and Suter next year to get a good RHD like Severson or Weegar, he won’t. I’m just dreaming that he will lol.

I’m dialing back on the Suter hate. Faksa is still on my list. I don’t have much patience left when it comes to him. DB better have all the defensive plugs on the fourth line getting fourth line minutes. If Faksa and Glendening are on different lines there will be no secondary scoring. Dell will not reach his potential playing RW. He’s a center. I’m cautiously optimistic but I can just as easily see this season being garbage. Doubt we will have the cap space to chase Severson or Weegar even if they make it to free agency
Jul. 16, 2022 at 11:57 p.m.
Jinx god
I’m dialing back on the Suter hate. Faksa is still on my list. I don’t have much patience left when it comes to him. DB better have all the defensive plugs on the fourth line getting fourth line minutes. If Faksa and Glendening are on different lines there will be no secondary scoring. Dell will not reach his potential playing RW. He’s a center. I’m cautiously optimistic but I can just as easily see this season being garbage. Doubt we will have the cap space to chase Severson or Weegar even if they make it to free agency

With both a Faksa and Suter buyout we would, about 7 million to give (with Severson getting less than that).
Goofie liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 10:51 a.m.
New Star Rising

I like Faksa, but not in the system we were in under Bones. His defensive game didn’t shine because everyone played defense. He is a damn good face-off man who does his part in his own zone. With the players we have on the roster, he isn’t necessary. Both Guri and Faksa could benefit from a new start.

NJ wants a wing for Severson. Guri played limited minutes under bones due to flaws in his defensive game. Not to say that he is a defensive liability, but under bones the base structure was defense first. Guri never had a chance. NJ could benefit from his speed and style of play. Plus he plays RW. I think that is there need.

What would it take to get Severson? Add a pick if there is an extension? Severson might play third pair minutes in NJ. Is his value there for the future. Is NJ his future after this season, since he will be an UFA? Would it be best for NJ to trade now rather than down the road with a reduced workload which could negatively impact his value?

What would it take?
Jul. 17, 2022 at 12:35 p.m.
Quoting: C_M_O_R
I like Faksa, but not in the system we were in under Bones. His defensive game didn’t shine because everyone played defense. He is a damn good face-off man who does his part in his own zone. With the players we have on the roster, he isn’t necessary. Both Guri and Faksa could benefit from a new start.

NJ wants a wing for Severson. Guri played limited minutes under bones due to flaws in his defensive game. Not to say that he is a defensive liability, but under bones the base structure was defense first. Guri never had a chance. NJ could benefit from his speed and style of play. Plus he plays RW. I think that is there need.

What would it take to get Severson? Add a pick if there is an extension? Severson might play third pair minutes in NJ. Is his value there for the future. Is NJ his future after this season, since he will be an UFA? Would it be best for NJ to trade now rather than down the road with a reduced workload which could negatively impact his value?

What would it take?

I’d prefer we gave Guri the chance to get his game back before selling low. That said I wouldn’t hate Guri and a pick for Severson. Problem is we already added Miller and adding another defenseman would likely push Harley out which is a no go for me. I could absolutely see Faksa doing better under DB. Problem is we don’t have the proper line mates for him. Delly should be played in the middle. Glendening is an anchor

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll