One trade Dach and one more

Created by: yanp007
Team: 2022-23 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 18, 2022
Published: Jul. 18, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Until the TDL with or without Price on the IR/LTIR
At the TDL, Drouin, Dadonov, Byron, Allen (if Price is healthy) and Hoffman on the trade block
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,500,000
1$950,000
2$950,000
8$8,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,750,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc [RFA Rights]
WPG
  1. Anderson, Josh
  2. Dvorak, Christian
  3. Norlinder, Mattias
  4. Ylönen, Jesse
  5. 2023 1st round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
Florida pick is top 5 protected
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$75,872,499$1,132,500$4,982,500$6,627,501
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 8
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, RW
RFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 18, 2022 at 8:44 a.m.
BostonBoy17
I don't think this is the kind of package WPG wants. 2 overpaid full timers, a likely late 1st round pick, and 2 decent but rough prospects for a guaranteed 1C doesn't quite add up.
To get PLD, I see MTL's 1st (2024), and 2 high end prospects (probably keep Norlinder in there and add Jan Mysak) plus Pitlick. If they're willing to send Dach in the trade, it's him, a 1st, and a D prospect.
Windjammer liked this.
Jul. 18, 2022 at 9:06 a.m.
Quoting: beantownboy17
I don't think this is the kind of package WPG wants. 2 overpaid full timers, a likely late 1st round pick, and 2 decent but rough prospects for a guaranteed 1C doesn't quite add up.
To get PLD, I see MTL's 1st (2024), and 2 high end prospects (probably keep Norlinder in there and add Jan Mysak) plus Pitlick. If they're willing to send Dach in the trade, it's him, a 1st, and a D prospect.

PLD is now making moves to leave after not electing for arbitration. He's open to offer sheets now. He's persona non grata in Winnipeg.
The idea that the Jets can just wait, simply isn't a solution, it's an option but an extremely bad option.

Just look at Jeff Petry. Almost every Habs fan realized they could have gotten more for Petry at the 2023 TDL or next offseason with more cap space available to teams with cap space accruing over time.
The problem was the trickle down effect on the players in Montreal and the distraction it creates.
Petry left for pennies on the dollar and many Habs fans expected it. I said it over and over. In a different situation Petry as a top15 RHD would require a 1st, prospect and roster player but I had ACGMs giving him away for late picks, notably a 2nd and a 3rd.

PLD isnt going to get fair value and he's a needless distraction to the team. Waiting for the right offer doesnt seem like a prudent solution when he's making his dissatisfaction loudly known.Treating a player that badly that is makiing it know he wants out will also not endear the Jets to other possible free agents or players that are thinking of playing for the the Jets.

The Jets dont have to trade him to Montreal but the louder this dissatisfaction grows, the more chaos it will cause over the Jets organization. Any self respecting Jets fan that has pride in their organization should be anxious to get rid of PLD even if it means making a bad decision today for better business down the road.
Subbanator7667 liked this.
Jul. 18, 2022 at 9:32 a.m.
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
PLD is now making moves to leave after not electing for arbitration. He's open to offer sheets now. He's persona non grata in Winnipeg.
The idea that the Jets can just wait, simply isn't a solution, it's an option but an extremely bad option.

Just look at Jeff Petry. Almost every Habs fan realized they could have gotten more for Petry at the 2023 TDL or next offseason with more cap space available to teams with cap space accruing over time.
The problem was the trickle down effect on the players in Montreal and the distraction it creates.
Petry left for pennies on the dollar and many Habs fans expected it. I said it over and over. In a different situation Petry as a top15 RHD would require a 1st, prospect and roster player but I had ACGMs giving him away for late picks, notably a 2nd and a 3rd.

PLD isnt going to get fair value and he's a needless distraction to the team. Waiting for the right offer doesnt seem like a prudent solution when he's making his dissatisfaction loudly known.Treating a player that badly that is makiing it know he wants out will also not endear the Jets to other possible free agents or players that are thinking of playing for the the Jets.

The Jets dont have to trade him to Montreal but the louder this dissatisfaction grows, the more chaos it will cause over the Jets organization. Any self respecting Jets fan that has pride in their organization should be anxious to get rid of PLD even if it means making a bad decision today for better business down the road.

PLD really hurt his rep leaving CBJ. He has finally started to repair that rep but if he doesn't play well and is a problem in the dressing room all that work he did... done. Also PLD hasn't handled the media pressure well. Montreal media will eat him alive if his play is Meh. I like PLD as a player I think Montreal is one of the worst spots for him to play.
Jul. 18, 2022 at 9:38 a.m.
Florida’s first plus 2 prospects should do it… maybe Ghule and Farrell

Best not to overthink this, Jets looking to rebuild fast but the Habs picks would need to be protected so give good prospects and a probable late first for a 1C
Jul. 18, 2022 at 9:44 a.m.
Quoting: Boojets
PLD really hurt his rep leaving CBJ. He has finally started to repair that rep but if he doesn't play well and is a problem in the dressing room all that work he did... done. Also PLD hasn't handled the media pressure well. Montreal media will eat him alive if his play is Meh. I like PLD as a player I think Montreal is one of the worst spots for him to play.

I agree, I dont think habs fans or Jets fans are happy with this situation at all. Not too many ppl are excited for PLD in Montreal. It's more, a lot of apprehension, a lot!

This is simply a selfish move by PLD in a world where hockey players usually never want to rock the boat.

That also leads me to another argument. The thinking that if the Jets trade away players that dont want to be there will be an issue later on is a fallacy. Hockey players are notoriously loyal. This isnt the NBA, thank god!
PLD being traded wont effect the org in a negative way anymore than it affected other teams that traded players that didnt want to be there in Calgary, Ottawa, Columbus, the list goes on and on. On the contrary it will show players that they will act in good faith. it's almost the complete opposite.

Teams will recover, the Jets will recover. Holding on to this guy because Chevy chooses to be overly patient, AGAIN, I don't think that's a good idea. We saw how PLD performs in Columbus on shifts when he wants out! Everyone here needs to move on and I'm pretty anxious for these rumours to end. I much, much rather they didn't spend any picks on this guy but it seems inevitable at this point that he's going to Montreal, PLD is a special case, the guy is on a mission to make himself available to Montreal and unavailable to Winnipeg.
Jul. 18, 2022 at 10:46 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
I agree, I dont think habs fans or Jets fans are happy with this situation at all. Not too many ppl are excited for PLD in Montreal. It's more, a lot of apprehension, a lot!

This is simply a selfish move by PLD in a world where hockey players usually never want to rock the boat.

That also leads me to another argument. The thinking that if the Jets trade away players that dont want to be there will be an issue later on is a fallacy. Hockey players are notoriously loyal. This isnt the NBA, thank god!
PLD being traded wont effect the org in a negative way anymore than it affected other teams that traded players that didnt want to be there in Calgary, Ottawa, Columbus, the list goes on and on. On the contrary it will show players that they will act in good faith. it's almost the complete opposite.

Teams will recover, the Jets will recover. Holding on to this guy because Chevy chooses to be overly patient, AGAIN, I don't think that's a good idea. We saw how PLD performs in Columbus on shifts when he wants out! Everyone here needs to move on and I'm pretty anxious for these rumours to end. I much, much rather they didn't spend any picks on this guy but it seems inevitable at this point that he's going to Montreal, PLD is a special case, the guy is on a mission to make himself available to Montreal and unavailable to Winnipeg.

I think I'm the only Jets fan who sees it the same as you and probably many non Jets fans do.
Andy_Dick liked this.
Jul. 18, 2022 at 10:47 a.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I think I'm the only Jets fan who sees it the same as you and probably many non Jets fans do.

This screams 2017 and Drouin to me! Not exactly the same but I have issues with giving up assets for a player with 'issues'
MisstheWhalers liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll