3. Drouin, Jonathan
    4. 2023 1st round pick (FLA)
    5. 2023 1st round pick (MTL)
    MTL
      Habs pieces of 3 way
      CHI
      WPG
      1. Belzile, Alex
      2. Toews, Jonathan ($5,250,000 retained)
      3. 2023 1st round pick (MTL)
      Buyouts
      Retained Salary Transactions
      Recapture Fees
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the FLA
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the DAL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CGY
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      21$82,500,000$69,975,963$237,500$1,275,000$12,524,037
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $2,625,000$2,625,000
      RW
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      LW, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      LW, C
      RFA - 2
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      RW, C, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $800,000$800,000
      RW, C
      RFA - 2
      $800,000$800,000
      LW, RW
      RFA - 2
      $1,200,000$1,200,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 2
      $758,333$758,333
      LW
      RFA - 2
      $1,150,000$1,150,000
      RW, C, LW
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $9,500,000$9,500,000
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 8
      $3,800,000$3,800,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $1,350,000$1,350,000
      LD
      RFA - 2
      $4,400,000$4,400,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 4
      $750,000$750,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      LD
      RFA - 2
      Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
      $5,950,000$5,950,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $800,000$800,000
      LW, C
      RFA - 2
      $975,000$975,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
      Darkblade
      Habs 2023 1st is the next untouchable thing after Suzuki, Caufield and Slaf.
      Campabee and MP55 liked this.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 10:31 a.m.
      Montreal says take a long walk off a short pier!
      MP55 liked this.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 10:32 a.m.
      MikeyVC97
      What do Habs fan think is fair compensation for PLD and a few cap dumps to make way for his contract?
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.
      If MTL trade his 1st 2023 pick, be sure that Price, Gallagher, Armia and Hoffman will be part a the trade!!
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 10:36 a.m.
      Billy739
      Quoting: AlakHul
      Habs 2023 1st is the next untouchable thing after Suzuki, Caufield and Slaf.

Disagree
      Hughes isnt making all these moves to tank
      Prepare to have your little heat broken here soon
      I believe Hughes is about to Offer Sheet a player
      Some think its PLD but i think its going to be Durzi aka Suzuki's former teammate and best friend
      Aussie_Blackhawk liked this.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 10:39 a.m.
      Billy739
      Quoting: MikeyVC97
      What do Habs fan think is fair compensation for PLD and a few cap dumps to make way for his contract?

Yes and No
      Our fans dont read the room well
      They think because we tanked this year we'll tank again
      That makes sense if a teams just Selling outright , sure

But Hughes is moving out Marc Bergavins guys to establish his own Core.
      Unlike MB he isnt waiting 2 and half season to make changes in his roster.
      If he gets PLD it isnt to tank its to win which is why he's upfront about pursuring a top 4 RD
      He confirmed it when he said Matheson will play LD not RD that position he's still looking to fill the other day
      Aussie_Blackhawk liked this.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 10:41 a.m.
      MikeyVC97
      So what would the Habs be able to give up for PLD? Is my scenario close?
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 10:45 a.m.
      Darkblade
      Quoting: Billy739
      Yes and No
      Our fans dont read the room well
      They think because we tanked this year we'll tank again
      That makes sense if a teams just Selling outright , sure

But Hughes is moving out Marc Bergavins guys to establish his own Core.
      Unlike MB he isnt waiting 2 and half season to make changes in his roster.
      If he gets PLD it isnt to tank its to win which is why he's upfront about pursuring a top 4 RD
      He confirmed it when he said Matheson will play LD not RD that position he's still looking to fill the other day

If Price doesnt play this year, and with that D, it isnt too hard to tell that we're bottom feeders. Are we better than Leafs, Lightning, Sens, Det, Sabres, Panthers and Bruins?
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
      Go Habs Go
      Best you could do from Montreal would be the later of those two 1sts (conditional) or at least top 10 protected, a player with salary that isn't Suzuki (and maybe not Anderson), and a young player/prospect that isn't Caufield, Guhle, Slafkovsky, or was added by Hughes (Dach, Barron, this year's draftees).

One 1st (with conditions, you aren't getting a lottery pick unless luck puts both of those picks into the top 10).
      Dvorak (outside chance of Anderson).
      Might be able to grab Roy, otherwise Harris is probably your best bet. Can cherry pick anyone other than those mentioned though.

Montreal adding might be possible if Winnipeg takes additional salary back (Hoffman) or concedes on Anderson, Roy, and Harris.

It's possible Hughes goes higher, we've seen mostly good moves from him so far, but all GMs are susceptible to the lure of the blockbuster and a bad trade. He shouldn't however, and is under no pressure to do so here.
      Regardless, Montreal can't afford to move a 1/2C, top pair D, or RHD period, or high potential prospects that are their most likely candidates to grow into those roles.
      Nor can they move their own 1sts until they are prepared to compete, which won't be this season.
      Campabee liked this.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:01 a.m.
      Mr.
      Habs won't trade the 2023 1st alone for PLD and you want them to add ?!?! Lol
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:03 a.m.
      Mr.
      Quoting: ricochetii
      Best you could do from Montreal would be the later of those two 1sts (conditional) or at least top 10 protected, a player with salary that isn't Suzuki (and maybe not Anderson), and a young player/prospect that isn't Caufield, Guhle, Slafkovsky, or was added by Hughes (Dach, Barron, this year's draftees).

One 1st (with conditions, you aren't getting a lottery pick unless luck puts both of those picks into the top 10).
      Dvorak (outside chance of Anderson).
      Might be able to grab Roy, otherwise Harris is probably your best bet. Can cherry pick anyone other than those mentioned though.

Montreal adding might be possible if Winnipeg takes additional salary back (Hoffman) or concedes on Anderson, Roy, and Harris.

It's possible Hughes goes higher, we've seen mostly good moves from him so far, but all GMs are susceptible to the lure of the blockbuster and a bad trade. He shouldn't however, and is under no pressure to do so here.
      Regardless, Montreal can't afford to move a 1/2C, top pair D, or RHD period, or high potential prospects that are their most likely candidates to grow into those roles.
      Nor can they move their own 1sts until they are prepared to compete, which won't be this season.

Habs are not offering even close to what you're suggesting, its dvorak and armia a B prospect and a pick (not a 1st)
      Campabee liked this.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:04 a.m.
      Edited Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:12 a.m.
      The first is real nice, but I don't think Chevy gambles PLD on a single magic bean.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:06 a.m.
      MikeyVC97
      Quoting: Windjammer
      The first is real nice, but I don't thunk Chevy gambles PLD on a single magic bean.

Thats why I thought the 1st + prospect + 50% of Toews contract + a cap dump would be a nice deal for the Jets.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:13 a.m.
      Thats why I thought the 1st + prospect + 50% of Toews contract + a cap dump would be a nice deal for the Jets.

Exactly. There's no incentive for Winnipeg. They have no chance of breaking even unless they get 1OA.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:14 a.m.
      Go Habs Go
      Quoting: SMH
      Habs are not offering even close to what you're suggesting, its dvorak and armia a B prospect and a pick (not a 1st)

I said "best you could do", as in the high end. I can't see it coming in at less than a 1st, roster player, and prospect right now. Someone will pay that, even if it's only as a 2 year rental, or Winnipeg will take a lesser package for a higher quality piece elsewhere, perhaps out of spite.
      Campabee liked this.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:17 a.m.
      Billy739
      If Price doesnt play this year, and with that D, it isnt too hard to tell that we're bottom feeders. Are we better than Leafs, Lightning, Sens, Det, Sabres, Panthers and Bruins?

Price doesnt need to play all year just some like Kane or Kucherov lol
      They snuck in during the playoffs to win a cup why not Price

All jokes aside Primeau took a huge step forward in his development pushing it to a ECF game 7
      His team had absolutely no buisness being there with mostly ECHL teams and Norlinder moved to
      4th Center for a few games due to injury's piling up and issues finding new ECHL guys to call up
      MTL was actually bringing in Junior players like Riley Kidney among others trying to fill that hole

Primeau put up Price like numbers in the AHL i think he'll finally get his rookie year
      Monty will ride Shotgun as i dont think Allen will last too long as Hughes has been actively trying to move him for a few months.

Primeau/Montembault is only as good as their D
      Monty last year had good numbers given all his D was hurt or not playing for him
      He was steam rolled infront of Petry and he did nothing about it skating to the bench ignoring it.

Give him people who want to be there who will protect him and Monty's 50 save games that result in loses start swinging his way.
      He kept MTL in games they had no business in and now this year his GM is giving him Matheson who's known to protect Goalie

I'm actually more happy with Montembault-Primeau tandem then if Price returned
      Nothing against Price im just counting him out until he shows me a reason not to
      Im ready to move on and Monty/Primeau isnt a bad way to do it as Monty can shield Primeau until he's ready
      Primeau to me is our next Huet or Halak. While he may not be Price's replacement anymore then Huet or Halak were for Roy
      He is a quality place holder and starter who will give MTL a chance build find their Ottinger, Knight, Hart or Askarov
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:23 a.m.
      Billy739
      Quoting: SMH

Yeah thats my fault partially

They swarmed my posts contradicting the narrative PLD was getting multiple 1st's ++++
      I pointed out OS is cheaper and whats WPG going to do match a 7m x 7 year deal and be stuck with an irate player?
      Moving that type of Contract at a profit even close to OS value is impossible

I've pointed out with PLD cutting out WPG's legs from under them
      The already weary GM's of a player asking for his 2nd trade before 25 are all walking away
      That at best he'd get a similar package to what the last player who did this got in Ryan Oreilly

Ever since its been a flood of our fans offering Veterans we want gone and weak package of picks and prospects
      Mostly because PLD to this point hasnt accomplished a fraction of what Oreilly did and he still cant win a faceoff to save his life

Before i defended this narrative on my post while the Hyena's swarmed it was always us giving up Ghule,Anderson,Roy and multiple 1st's or more
      Its one extreme to another with our fans especially on site's like these.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:25 a.m.

Why should Montreal give up anything of high value? PLD has Chevy by the short curly's! Please read the following article to understand why Montreal doesn't need to do anything.

https://thehockeywriters.com/winnipeg-jets-pierre-luc-dubois-contract-negotiations-2022/

Also when did PLD become worth more than Jack Eichel? Jack got a conditional late 1st a conditional 2nd a top prospect and a middle 6 winger, how does that equal a top 6 Winger (Drouin when healthy), a middle 6 center (Dvorak), a potential top 5 pick, and another 1st round pick? I mean the Montreal 1st would equate to Tuch + 1st + 2nd from the Vegas and maybe Krebs on it's own.
      SMH liked this.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:27 a.m.

Not even remotely. Montreal wouldn't move their 1st (or Suzuki, Caufield and Salfkovsky) for Dubois even if he didn't want out of Winnipeg in two years and is more blatantly steering his way to a team than anyone since Fox. He's a great player, but he's not that great a player. Given what's been going on with Dubois, Montreal's unlikely to move guys like Guhle, Dach or even Barron for him. Montreal is rebuilding and will be competing with Chicago for the 2023 1st OA pick. They have zero urgency to make a trade now and are more than happy to wait for contracts to expire/be traded as rentals.
      SMH liked this.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:27 a.m.
      Mr.
      Quoting: ricochetii
      I said "best you could do", as in the high end. I can't see it coming in at less than a 1st, roster player, and prospect right now. Someone will pay that, even if it's only as a 2 year rental, or Winnipeg will take a lesser package for a higher quality piece elsewhere, perhaps out of spite.

Any contender can just offer sheet him 6.3M (300k more than is current QO) for a 1st and a 3rd, and if they match they can't trade him for a year.... so jets have very little leverage again, they ain't getting more than that from no one
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:35 a.m.
      Darkblade
      Price doesnt need to play all year just some like Kane or Kucherov lol
      They snuck in during the playoffs to win a cup why not Price

All jokes aside Primeau took a huge step forward in his development pushing it to a ECF game 7
      His team had absolutely no buisness being there with mostly ECHL teams and Norlinder moved to
      4th Center for a few games due to injury's piling up and issues finding new ECHL guys to call up
      MTL was actually bringing in Junior players like Riley Kidney among others trying to fill that hole

Primeau put up Price like numbers in the AHL i think he'll finally get his rookie year
      Monty will ride Shotgun as i dont think Allen will last too long as Hughes has been actively trying to move him for a few months.

Primeau/Montembault is only as good as their D
      Monty last year had good numbers given all his D was hurt or not playing for him
      He was steam rolled infront of Petry and he did nothing about it skating to the bench ignoring it.

Give him people who want to be there who will protect him and Monty's 50 save games that result in loses start swinging his way.
      He kept MTL in games they had no business in and now this year his GM is giving him Matheson who's known to protect Goalie

I'm actually more happy with Montembault-Primeau tandem then if Price returned
      Nothing against Price im just counting him out until he shows me a reason not to
      Im ready to move on and Monty/Primeau isnt a bad way to do it as Monty can shield Primeau until he's ready
      Primeau to me is our next Huet or Halak. While he may not be Price's replacement anymore then Huet or Halak were for Roy
      He is a quality place holder and starter who will give MTL a chance build find their Ottinger, Knight, Hart or Askarov

I just dont think that habs can overtake most of the team in its division to grab a playoff spot with their current roster. And Primeau or Montembeault are definitely not playoff ready.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:44 a.m.
      Billy739
      I just dont think that habs can overtake most of the team in its division to grab a playoff spot with their current roster. And Primeau or Montembeault are definitely not playoff ready.

No one ever does
      Its why the President Trophy winner has won like 2 cups in 12 years
      Underdog teams account for like 7 or something like that

What matter is how you handle the TDL
      It defines your team whether you add Quality like COL or Quantity like STL
      Sometimes doing less is more when you got the right off season acquisitions.
      STL changed a lot of their team over 2 summers and after Oreilly it looked like a mistake
      But after All Star break they began to click and added Depth pieces to help rest and rotate their young players

My Point is you dont count out any team not named ARZ before the season starts
      Unless its ARZ every team can win the Cup on a Wildcard run even if they're not a TBL

Personally i like our odds
      MTL does better against tougher teams then it does against crap teams
      Our biggest defeats are against teams like CBJ 10-0 i believe it was or MIN 9-3
      This is years back when they were both jokes outright

But versus a anyone by TBL we're good
      TBL without Vasilevsky were good but i think we beat AV like 1 time in 20 some starts
      FLA we do solid against same with OTT and TML.

Im really not that worried espeically since OTT went more Skill less Grit when we are adding Grit.
      It means those Wars we go to will lean our way again as its just Tkachuk now and that AHL heavyweight they bring up for our games
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 11:57 a.m.
      Darkblade
      No one ever does
      Its why the President Trophy winner has won like 2 cups in 12 years
      Underdog teams account for like 7 or something like that

What matter is how you handle the TDL
      It defines your team whether you add Quality like COL or Quantity like STL
      Sometimes doing less is more when you got the right off season acquisitions.
      STL changed a lot of their team over 2 summers and after Oreilly it looked like a mistake
      But after All Star break they began to click and added Depth pieces to help rest and rotate their young players

My Point is you dont count out any team not named ARZ before the season starts
      Unless its ARZ every team can win the Cup on a Wildcard run even if they're not a TBL

Personally i like our odds
      MTL does better against tougher teams then it does against crap teams
      Our biggest defeats are against teams like CBJ 10-0 i believe it was or MIN 9-3
      This is years back when they were both jokes outright

But versus a anyone by TBL we're good
      TBL without Vasilevsky were good but i think we beat AV like 1 time in 20 some starts
      FLA we do solid against same with OTT and TML.

Im really not that worried espeically since OTT went more Skill less Grit when we are adding Grit.
      It means those Wars we go to will lean our way again as its just Tkachuk now and that AHL heavyweight they bring up for our games

Any team not named ARZ or TOR lmao
      Billy739 liked this.
      Jul. 19, 2022 at 1:08 p.m.
      Billy739
      Any team not named ARZ or TOR lmao

I knew i was forgetting one hahaha

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll