Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 19, 2022 at 4:46 p.m.
Glep
Tkachuk talks starts with nylander and knies
Jul. 19, 2022 at 4:56 p.m.
Quoting: Hurricanes73

nah
Gareg_painter liked this.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 4:57 p.m.

Tkachuk talks start with Aho and Jarvis
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.

stop saying this they aren’t gonna trade knies he has so much upside
bhuntlol liked this.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
Glep
Quoting: Gareg_painter
stop saying this they aren’t gonna trade knies he has so much upside

You know who else had upside? Jeremy bracco
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:08 p.m.

who?
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:09 p.m.
Glep
who?

Exactly
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:15 p.m.
Exactly

how does anything you just say make sense lol all i’m saying is why would the leafs give up one of their few good prospects in that kind of trade especially one that yk can be playing first line minutes in the future
bhuntlol liked this.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.

its act hilarious that this guy is basing his prospect evaluation of knies based on what leaf fans thought of jeremy bracco 5 years ago, absolute tool
Gareg_painter and kingjrb92 liked this.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:28 p.m.
Quoting: bhuntlol
its act hilarious that this guy is basing his prospect evaluation of knies based on what leaf fans thought of jeremy bracco 5 years ago, absolute tool

ong holy crap
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:38 p.m.
Glep

how does anything you just say make sense lol all i’m saying is why would the leafs give up one of their few good prospects in that kind of trade especially one that yk can be playing first line minutes in the future

It isn’t an evaluation on knies more one of leafs fans. If you see I am saying a tkachuk trade starts with knies. That means I think he is a good prospect. Here is where I mention bracco. Bracco was dubbed by leafs fans as the missing piece in the top 6 for years to come aka what they are currently saying about knies. I think knies is a good prospect don’t get me wrong, the best prospect in the leafs pool, but when leafs fans say he is the guy who will be guaranteed a top 6 guy, I notice and call them out mentioning bracco. I think knies is a better prospect than bracco ever was, but it is a common year after year thing where leafs fans rate their prospects as guaranteed and won’t trade them for anything (including a 104 point matt tkachuk). It’s like the mystery box, it could be anything even a possibly a boat. That’s the irony here, you value a guy with the potential to be something more than the guy who is a guaranteed. This phenomenon isn’t exclusive to leafs fans, but it is the worst in them. Canes fans do it in morrow from what I have noticed. If you two will realize the comment comes against the fandom rather than the player (who I think is a good prospect). I don’t think knies will be Jeremy bracco but I find it blasphemy to say his upside makes it a no deal from the flames.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:44 p.m.
It isn’t an evaluation on knies more one of leafs fans. If you see I am saying a tkachuk trade starts with knies. That means I think he is a good prospect. Here is where I mention bracco. Bracco was dubbed by leafs fans as the missing piece in the top 6 for years to come aka what they are currently saying about knies. I think knies is a good prospect don’t get me wrong, the best prospect in the leafs pool, but when leafs fans say he is the guy who will be guaranteed a top 6 guy, I notice and call them out mentioning bracco. I think knies is a better prospect than bracco ever was, but it is a common year after year thing where leafs fans rate their prospects as guaranteed and won’t trade them for anything (including a 104 point matt tkachuk). It’s like the mystery box, it could be anything even a possibly a boat. That’s the irony here, you value a guy with the potential to be something more than the guy who is a guaranteed. This phenomenon isn’t exclusive to leafs fans, but it is the worst in them. Canes fans do it in morrow from what I have noticed. If you two will realize the comment comes against the fandom rather than the player (who I think is a good prospect). I don’t think knies will be Jeremy bracco but I find it blasphemy to say his upside makes it a no deal from the flames.

and what i’m saying is yes ur right but i just don’t want the leafs to give up such a promising prospect for matthew and tbh i don’t even want matthew and also we don’t have many prospects so i think it would be stupid to make a trade like that anyway
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:47 p.m.
Glep
and what i’m saying is yes ur right but i just don’t want the leafs to give up such a promising prospect for matthew and tbh i don’t even want matthew and also we don’t have many prospects so i think it would be stupid to make a trade like that anyway

I’m glad we could move on and agree on something. Good doing business with you 🤝
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.

and what youre failing to understand is the two scenarios arent even comparable, two completely different athletes with two different skillsets, you contradicted yourself twice "oh im saying knies is a good prospect but leafs fans said the same about bracco" doesnt even make sense to bring up if you think knies is a solid prospect, contradiction on its own
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:53 p.m.
Glep
and what youre failing to understand is the two scenarios arent even comparable, two completely different athletes with two different skillsets, you contradicted yourself twice "oh im saying knies is a good prospect but leafs fans said the same about bracco" doesnt even make sense to bring up if you think knies is a solid prospect, contradiction on its own

If you would like to spell it out. I think knies is good, not reject a trade for tkachuk good. The contradictions you claim Is me saying basically “knies is good but he’s not as good as leafs fans say he is and leafs fans tend to overrate their prospects for example Jeremy bracco.” Now that I have spelled it out to you like a child, do you see what I am actually saying.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:55 p.m.
If you would like to spell it out. I think knies is good, not reject a trade for tkachuk good. The contradictions you claim Is me saying basically “knies is good but he’s not as good as leafs fans say he is and leafs fans tend to overrate their prospects for example Jeremy bracco.” Now that I have spelled it out to you like a child, do you see what I am actually saying.

no i dont because it seems like youre discrediting the talent level and ceiling he has because leafs fans have overrated prospects in the past, just a generalization. you also just completely left out the fact that you added him on top of william nylander💀 you didnt just say tkachuk starts with knies, you said he starts with knies AND nylander, as if nylander isnt an 80 point winger on one of the best value deals in the league.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 5:59 p.m.
I’m glad we could move on and agree on something. Good doing business with you 🤝

indeed friend🤝🏿
Cardiak liked this.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 6:01 p.m.
no i dont because it seems like youre discrediting the talent level and ceiling he has because leafs fans have overrated prospects in the past, just a generalization. you also just completely left out the fact that you added him on top of william nylander💀 you didnt just say tkachuk starts with knies, you said he starts with knies AND nylander, as if nylander isnt an 80 point winger on one of the best value deals in the league.

Now this is well said.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 6:12 p.m.
Glep

I am not discrediting his talent level nor his ceiling. I am discrediting him for the extra value leafs fans give him with hometown bias. Personally I have him as on par with guys like Jake neighbors, Brendan brisson, Brennan Othmann, and Bobby brink in ceiling and potential. Good players with top 6 upside and will likely play a role in their respective NHL teams. 2 years of nylander plus a prospect like knies is a start for tkachuk as he is literally a 1.25ppg power forward who would play even better in the leafs system. They would no question have the best line in the NHL with tkachuk matthews and marner. Imo knies will be good, he’s a good prospect, but the credit leafs fans give him I see as overrated. He is overrated but good imo and if you see who I listed as players on par with him I wouldn’t be surprised if you see knies as a step above all of those guys because of hometown bias. But hey if knies is great which I hope he is as a fan of hockey who likes to see highlight real players, then good for you but I do not see him being tkachuk level nor him being better than every player I listed as I have 2 higher than him and 2 lower than him.
Jul. 19, 2022 at 6:32 p.m.
I am not discrediting his talent level nor his ceiling. I am discrediting him for the extra value leafs fans give him with hometown bias. Personally I have him as on par with guys like Jake neighbors, Brendan brisson, Brennan Othmann, and Bobby brink in ceiling and potential. Good players with top 6 upside and will likely play a role in their respective NHL teams. 2 years of nylander plus a prospect like knies is a start for tkachuk as he is literally a 1.25ppg power forward who would play even better in the leafs system. They would no question have the best line in the NHL with tkachuk matthews and marner. Imo knies will be good, he’s a good prospect, but the credit leafs fans give him I see as overrated. He is overrated but good imo and if you see who I listed as players on par with him I wouldn’t be surprised if you see knies as a step above all of those guys because of hometown bias. But hey if knies is great which I hope he is as a fan of hockey who likes to see highlight real players, then good for you but I do not see him being tkachuk level nor him being better than every player I listed as I have 2 higher than him and 2 lower than him.

that isnt how the trade market works though lol , also the impact tkachuk would make over nylander doesnt equal knies in value to the leafs. They would probably just keep nylander, tkachuk doesnt create more offence than nylander either. Wouldnt make sense to trade knies whos on the brink of making an impact just to upgrade minimally from nylander to tkachuk

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll