SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Other Leagues

How good is this Dahlin guy?

Sep. 28, 2017 at 5:44 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

???

Jeezus Christ Rangers, what's up with the question marks? Do you not understand jokes?

I've learned that rangers only responds with one of the following

1) ok
2) shakes head
3) ???
4) what's wrong with girardi?
5) I think the Islanders will make the playoffs, just because
6) advanced analytics are too complicated for my brain
7) ok
8) girardi blocks shots so he's good
9) ok

ok
krakowitz and MasterMatt23 liked this.
Sep. 28, 2017 at 5:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Mr_cap
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

ok

???

what's wrong with girardi?
krakowitz, bkips and MasterMatt23 liked this.
Sep. 28, 2017 at 5:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Jeezus Christ Rangers, what's up with the question marks? Do you not understand jokes?

I've learned that rangers only responds with one of the following

1) ok
2) shakes head
3) ???
4) what's wrong with girardi?
5) I think the Islanders will make the playoffs, just because
6) advanced analytics are too complicated for my brain
7) ok
8) girardi blocks shots so he's good
9) ok

ok

shakes head
Sep. 28, 2017 at 5:59 p.m.

ok

shakes head

???
Sep. 28, 2017 at 6:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

shakes head

???

girardi blocks shots so he's good
Sep. 28, 2017 at 6:27 p.m.

???

shakes head
Sep. 28, 2017 at 10:36 p.m.
NBABound
YUH ... YUH ... YUH
Pasta88Sauce and MasterMatt23 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:19 a.m.
Ooh, sorry I'm late for the let's-see-who's-the-most-ret@rded contest
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:47 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

shakes head

???
krakowitz liked this.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 12:48 p.m.
Apparently he is pretty good.
Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:00 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: PaulDunnill

rolling eyes
MasterMatt23 liked this.
Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:38 p.m.
Quoting: EthanK24
Quoting: PaulDunnill

rolling eyes

EthanK24, would you be interested in being my AGM for the Florida Panthers in the 2017-18 GM Game? The game currently is on lockdown mode and no one should comment there, however if you're interested please reply to me here. Would love to have you on board
Nov. 14, 2017 at 7:22 p.m.
BKips

ok

???

shakes head
Feb. 14, 2018 at 5:15 p.m.
HawksFan28
Dahlin is the closest thing to Bobby Orr this league as seen in decades.
Feb. 14, 2018 at 6:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: HawksFan28
Dahlin is the closest thing to Bobby Orr this league as seen in decades.

So is he better than Matthews? I know it's hard to compare a d-man to a forward but is he supposed to be better than Matthews then?
Feb. 14, 2018 at 7:50 p.m.
Edited Feb. 14, 2018 at 9:52 p.m.
This thread is so funny to look back on.

Yeah he should be the “Matthews of defense” although some want to call him the “McDavid of defense” which may be pushing it a little. If you wanna compare him to that.. his potential is franchise, maybe not generational, but could later prove he is. He just doesn’t do everything as good as his offense, so for being defense, he may not be generational.

He might be the best two way D this league will see in the next decade+ though.. but could refine his all around game without effecting his elite offense. He just loves to do his thing on the point, breaking ankles, joining the rush, but there’s mixed opinion about if his defense being “okay” could maybe effect his “NHL readiness”. He’s like an advanced hybrid of Hedman/Karlsson/OEL, shoot mentality first it seems but if there’s a lane opening, Trust me He will find it.

The top Dmen in this draft go like this now
1.)LD Dahlin

2.)RD Boqvist (Style is more similar to Karlsson than Dahlin is, with a bit more shoot mentality, but elite speed, IQ, hard and accurate shot, playmaking skill is there, his development level and his size is very similar to Karlsson in his draft year as well, should need 1-2 SHL/AHL seasons like Karlsson)

3.)RD Bouchard (I’m so high on this guy, he could be a #1 D, now the captain of a not so stacked London Knights team now.. he’s A two way Dman and is the top scoring defenseman in the OHL, he has a big frame, can use his body and stick to close off players. He joins rushes a lot and whenever necessary, Elite IQ and playmaking with a booming shot, has 3 years on one of the best CHL programs). He’s gonna be one of the most mature Dmen in this draft, could definitely be a 80 point Dman this year. One of the best players at the CHL top prospects game.

4.)LD Hughes (small but Uber skilled Dman, who can take a Werenski/McAvoy development curve after one more NCAA season. Probably the best playmaking D in this draft, Hughes and Mittelstadt were showcased well at the WJC. He’s smart on the blue line, can squeeze through players, he’s like a water bug. Makes risky plays that work, most times smartly, sometimes he cheats a bit too much which costs his team goals, but he knows how to use his stick, speed and IQ to get the puck quickly out of his zone. Think of a Krug on steroids.

5.)RD Dobson (maybe the best all around Dman available in the top 15. Playmaking D has been a theme here, that’s probably his strongest suit here, good shot at the point, good IQ, great skating, not explosive. Should see some development time with this pick, or maybe not, could take A Chabot like development curve. Looked solid the CHL top prospects game.
Feb. 14, 2018 at 9:37 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: FullSend
This thread is so funny to look back on.

Yeah he should be the “Matthews of defense” although the some want to call him the “McDavid of defense” which may be pushing it a little. If you wanna compare him to that.. his potential is franchise, maybe not generational, but could later prove he is. He just doesn’t do everything as good as his offense, so for being defense, he may not be generational.

He might be the best two way D this league will see in the next decade+ though.. but could refine his all around game without effecting his elite offense. He just loves to do his thing on the point, breaking ankles, joining the rush, but there’s mixed opinion about if his defense being “okay” could maybe effect his “NHL readiness”. He’s like an advanced hybrid of Hedman/Karlsson/OEL, shoot mentality first it seems but if there’s a lane opening, Trust me He will find it.

The top Dmen in this draft go like this now
1.)LD Dahlin

2.)RD Boqvist (Style is more similar to Karlsson than Dahlin is, with a bit more shoot mentality, but elite speed, IQ, hard and accurate shot, playmaking skill is there, his development level and his size is very similar to Karlsson in his draft year as well, should need 1-2 SHL/AHL seasons like Karlsson)

3.)RD Bouchard (I’m so high on this guy, he could be a #1 D, now the captain of a not so stacked London Knights team now.. he’s A two way Dman and is the top scoring defenseman in the OHL, he has a big frame, can use his body and stick to close off players. He joins rushes a lot and whenever necessary, Elite IQ and playmaking with a booming shot, has 3 years on one of the best CHL programs). He’s gonna be one of the most mature Dmen in this draft, could definitely be a 80 point Dman this year. One of the best players at the CHL top prospects game.

4.)LD Hughes (small but Uber skilled Dman, who can take a Werenski/McAvoy development curve after one more NCAA season. Probably the best playmaking D in this draft, Hughes and Mittelstadt were showcased well at the WJC. He’s smart on the blue line, can squeeze through players, he’s like a water bug. Makes risky plays that work, most times smartly, sometimes he cheats a bit too much which costs his team goals, but he knows how to use his stick, speed and IQ to get the puck quickly out of his zone. Think of a Krug on steroids.

5.)RD Dobson (maybe the best all around Dman available in the top 15. Playmaking D has been a theme here, that’s probably his strongest suit here, good shot at the point, good IQ, great skating, not explosive. Should see some development time with this pick, or maybe not, could take A Chabot like development curve. Looked solid the CHL top prospects game.

You are so very wrong on Bouchard. Players like these get hyped up all the time. Wont be anything special in the NHL. Top 4-6 is his projection.
Feb. 14, 2018 at 9:40 p.m.
Edited Feb. 14, 2018 at 10:18 p.m.
You are so very wrong on Bouchard. Players like these get hyped up all the time. Wont be anything special in the NHL. Top 4-6 is his projection.

As I said.. I’m high on him, if he hits 80 points as a Dmen in his draft year as a two way Dman, you think he will be a top 4/6 Dman? That’s hilarious to me. He’s singlehandedly carrying the defense in London lol, he’s the captain and leading in OHL defenseman scoring, as I’ve said, what am I wrong about?
Feb. 14, 2018 at 11:08 p.m.
HawksFan28
So is he better than Matthews? I know it's hard to compare a d-man to a forward but is he supposed to be better than Matthews then?

Well, it's kind of hard to compare a defenseman with a forward.

There are plenty of Dahlin's highlight videos on youtube.

IMO, Dalhin is to defense what Matthews or McDavid is to forwards.. Dahlin is perhaps a generational defenseman, and at worse an elite franchise defenseman. Whomever lands this kid is getting a gem of a talent.

Like I said - similar to Bobby Orr.
Feb. 28, 2018 at 4:51 a.m.
I hope Dahlin, Bouchard or Boqvist land at the Rangers!

Now Rangers need more each a good defender for the future, even if he initially only in the 3rd defensive line is used!
But he should be fit for NHL from the start!
Dec. 17, 2018 at 10:36 a.m.
Not so Fasth
Quoting: Riichard89
I hope Dahlin, Bouchard or Boqvist land at the Rangers!

Now Rangers need more each a good defender for the future, even if he initially only in the 3rd defensive line is used!
But he should be fit for NHL from the start!

K'Andre and Lundkvsit are good
Jun. 12, 2020 at 3:11 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: backflip
My top of that draft right now is Dahlin, Svechnikov, Veleno, Tkachuk

mine is Dahlin, Svech, Kotkaniemi, Tkachuk
mhockey91 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll