SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

LEAFS POWERHOUSE PROMOTES SUPER PROSPECTS KNIES NIEMELA AND ROBERTSON TO WIN CUP

Created by: TML_Tika
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 21, 2022
Published: Jul. 21, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,200,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (CGY)
TOR
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (WSH)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$82,408,950$212,500$0$91,050
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$856,667$856,667
RD
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 21, 2022 at 2:23 a.m.
Still a 2 line team,
and with the another version of the shaky goaltending & defense that hasn’t been good enough to get you guys out of the 1st round

22-23 gonna be the same old Leafs
Great regular season, disappointing playoffs
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 2:31 a.m.
Quoting: Buffalove
Still a 2 line team,
and with the another version of the shaky goaltending & defense that hasn’t been good enough to get you guys out of the 1st round

The Leafs have upgraded their bottom 6 this offseason by signing players who play much harder ........so I do not think it is only a 2 line team.

How can you say Matt Murray who has backstopped a team to 2 cups as a goalie and Samsonov who was Washington's top goalie is shaking goaltending.......You need to stop listening to the Toronto Media who are actually clueless.

How can you also say the Leafs defence is shaky when the Leafs Top 6 Defenceman are better than almost every other team in the NHL.........Again you are listening to the Toronto Media too much and not being objective.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 2:41 a.m.
Quoting: TML_Tika
The Leafs have upgraded their bottom 6 this offseason by signing players who play much harder ........so I do not think it is only a 2 line team.

How can you say Matt Murray who has backstopped a team to 2 cups as a goalie and Samsonov who was Washington's top goalie is shaking goaltending.......You need to stop listening to the Toronto Media who are actually clueless.

How can you also say the Leafs defence is shaky when the Leafs Top 6 Defenceman are better than almost every other team in the NHL.........Again you are listening to the Toronto Media too much and not being objective.

I don’t listen to the Toronto media at all
Samsonov was so bad that the Caps didn’t even qualify him
And Murray was sent to the AHL last year- he’s not the Cup winning goalie from YEARS AGO, he blows

Idk wtf Dubas was thinking

And yes, it’s still a 2 line team
Nice that your bottom6 will play harder, but that doesn’t mean they’ll produce. They lack the skill to do so consistently

U do have some talent on defense, but for whatever reason it just doesn’t work all that well- not in the playoffs anyways
And i said the goaltending was shaky, and the defense wasn’t good enough to get u out of the 1st round
And my comment about the defense was accurate & inarguable (since u keep losing in the 1st round)

I get it, you’re a “homer” who’s being optimistic
But u guys did not get better this offseason
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 3:15 a.m.
The Canucks Suck
MAN ON CAPFRIENDLY SCREAMS THE TITLE OF EVERY ACGM HE DOES DAILY 24/7
Cardiak and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 3:18 a.m.

And Murray was sent to the AHL last year- he’s not the Cup winning goalie from YEARS AGO, he blows

Nice that your bottom6 will play harder, but that doesn’t mean they’ll produce. They lack the skill to do so consistently

U do have some talent on defense, but for whatever reason it just doesn’t work all that well- not in the playoffs anyways
And i said the goaltending was shaky, and the defense wasn’t good enough to get u out of the 1st round
And my comment about the defense was accurate & inarguable (since u keep losing in the 1st round)

Dubas took a gamble with both Goalies. Like he did with Bunting, Ritchie and Kaše last offseason. Ondřej is a good comparison, because of his injury history. If Murray will stay healthy, he should be better than Campbell. I love Soup, but despite his Vezina caliber Season Start, he has not had a really good year. Only because Vazi had a medium 1st round, he looked ok with his SV% in the Playoffs. Mrázek had by far his worst Season. There was a point 20/21 when he played for Carolina, where Campbell and Mrázek led the league in almost every category. Could have been the best Goalie tandem by far. Was not obviously. Not close. Same with Murray / Samsonov. Great potential. Maybe they kill it. Maybe we see Woll / Källgren in december. YOU DON´T KNOW YET.
Cardiak and TML_Tika liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 3:30 a.m.
Glep

Why is one of your first arguments for somebody who is against your team is that they “listen too much to torontos media”

This isn’t the first time you have done this and you have done it to both me and him, one a Buffalo fan and one a carolina fan. What the actual **** would we be doing following Toronto media. We formulate these opinions on our own and you use different things as scapegoats. Most of your arguments are insanely biased and most of your posts/comments are as well. You literally called three decent prospects “super prospects” and it’s the stuff that pisses everybody else off. Believe whatever you want but don’t make accusations/excuses when somebody doesn’t completely agree with you. Chill out and have some CBD gummies or something. Stop calling your prospects “super prospects” and stop comparing Pierre Engvall to hall of famers (which yes we all know you did that)
evelutions2 and Ajp_18 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 6:33 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
I can’t wait for all the Lefas fans on here to go absolutely insane when Matthews walks in 2 years.
Ajp_18 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 6:38 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Quoting: Joronto
Dubas took a gamble with both Goalies. Like he did with Bunting, Ritchie and Kaše last offseason. Ondřej is a good comparison, because of his injury history. If Murray will stay healthy, he should be better than Campbell. I love Soup, but despite his Vezina caliber Season Start, he has not had a really good year. Only because Vazi had a medium 1st round, he looked ok with his SV% in the Playoffs. Mrázek had by far his worst Season. There was a point 20/21 when he played for Carolina, where Campbell and Mrázek led the league in almost every category. Could have been the best Goalie tandem by far. Was not obviously. Not close. Same with Murray / Samsonov. Great potential. Maybe they kill it. Maybe we see Woll / Källgren in december. YOU DON´T KNOW YET.

There is a huge reason as to why Mrazek was successful in Carolina and absolute crap in Toronto and every other team he played for. Canes have a stacked dcore, whereas the other teams he played for, have garbage and unstructured dcores. Dubas should have used his brains for once and just look at the structure of the teams Mrazek played. But thanks again for chasing Freddie out of Toronto. He is too good to be wasted and used as a scapegoat.
Joronto liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 6:49 a.m.
Quoting: evelutions2
There is a huge reason as to why Mrazek was successful in Carolina and absolute crap in Toronto and every other team he played for. Canes have a stacked dcore, whereas the other teams he played for, have garbage and unstructured dcores. Dubas should have used his brains for once and just look at the structure of the teams Mrazek played. But thanks again for chasing Freddie out of Toronto. He is too good to be wasted and used as a scapegoat.[/quote team D Mrazek had with the Canes isn't/wasn't better

There is a huge reason as to why Mrazek was successful in Carolina and absolute crap in Toronto and every other team he played for. Canes have a stacked dcore, whereas the other teams he played for, have garbage and unstructured dcores. Dubas should have used his brains for once and just look at the structure of the teams Mrazek played. But thanks again for chasing Freddie out of Toronto. He is too good to be wasted and used as a scapegoat.

Toronto loved regular season Fred just like Canes fans did last season, the problem we had with Fred was that he would give up soft goals when we needed him in the playoffs and with injuries the two season before we let him walk he became unreliable. I hope that Fred can stay healthy for the Canes this season and prove everyone wrong and win the big game when it matters but until he does that the Canes have just as much risk/questions when the playoffs roll around next season in net as the Leafs did with him.

As for Mrazek, he was awful when he was in net and gave up a ton of weak goals that had very little to do with the Leaf's D.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 6:51 a.m.

You’re right, i don’t know- NEITHER DO YOU
I can’t see the future. But Murray & Samsonov’s history the last few years shouldn’t give u guys all that much hope

And there’s nothing at all to say either will be better than Campbell

Dubas basically fired himself with these gambles
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:35 a.m.

How’s this for objective? Of goalies that played at least 26 games in the NHL, Samsonov was 45 out of 51 in save percentage with a .896. And Murray didn’t even qualify for that because he was too bad and was sent to the AHL. The only goalie on a playoff team below Samsonov on this list was Cal Peterson, who ended up as Johnathan Quick’s backup. The leafs goaltending for this year was worse last year than every playoff team’s from last year. It’s a bottom 5 unit if last year’s stats are any indicator of this year’s production.
Hammerwise liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 9:25 a.m.
You’re right, i don’t know- NEITHER DO YOU
I can’t see the future. But Murray & Samsonov’s history the last few years shouldn’t give u guys all that much hope

And there’s nothing at all to say either will be better than Campbell

Dubas basically fired himself with these gambles

Some insiders saying Dubas could look like a genius, if both goalies can bounce back. Thats difficult for me: I don't understand the game of hazard anymore. He made enough injury related gambles in the past. Toronto need a consistent number 1 goalie. I'm happy that Knies is still a blue and white asset and not a Blackhawk - but the trade deadline goalie swing and a miss was the bigger fault IMO. Now Dubas had to deal with what was left... And that... yah... Husso? Kuemper? What would have been your choice?

On the other hand Toronto has a pretty damn good staff to help players to find themselves and their game back. Soup, Ennis, Galchenyuk... The last few years have been hard for everyone due to the pandemic, also Murrays father died. I could imagine both goalies with far better numbers than the couple last years. And they are both still pretty young. But I am far away from 'Oh my god, they will save the franchise and bring back the cup".
Honestly: after another Game 7 loss and this offseason so far I am out of expectations for the next season. And that's the sad part.

One of Murray or Samsonov should be better than last year Campbell. And if Soup is better than the Leafs goalies this year: good for him, man. It is time for good goaltending in Edmonton and in front of my inner eye Hyman already hands the Stanley Cup to Campbell. And don't Aubé-Kubel it.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 9:40 a.m.
I can’t wait for all the Lefas fans on here to go absolutely insane when Matthews walks in 2 years.

50-50 chance.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 9:41 a.m.

I really don't now if anyone works harder than Ondřej Kaše - and the Leafs wanted to sign him to the exact same contract that he now got in Carolina.

Mikheyev: underadet hard worker. I don't want to hear any comments about overpayment. It is, what it is, Toronto could not afford him and that is fine - but he is gone. A player beating McDavid in a sprint, I saw it with my own eyes. Fantastic PK Killer. And bringing together his hands with his food speed lately. Capable of 35 Goals, maybe 40.

I liked a few clips I've seen from Kubel.

Gaudette needs his weight and a bounce back: another gamble IMO.

Järnkrok is by far the best acquisition so far - but another player has to leave due to the cap hit.

So how on earth is this an upgrade to the bottom 6? Spezza has not had his best year - but he is not in the lineup anymore as well. And do you think Simmonds will age suddenly like wine and not like his milk year last season?
Jul. 21, 2022 at 9:49 a.m.

It would had helped if Dubas has watched just one game of Mrázek before - this guy in action mode do not tend the goal. This can not be successful except you have extremely long rubber arms.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 9:52 a.m.
For the same reason that alot of Leaf fans ignored Mrazek's checkered injury/unreliability through DET, PHI and CAR and held out false hope for him in TOR, is why some believe that Murray will rediscover himself or that Samsonov will become better.

Could either be better than they were last year, sure. But better than Campbell is pure hope and not really based on facts.

In some ways I believe the addition of Jarnkrot is an improvement, but most thought a healthy Mikheyev, Kase, Ritchie were good shots last pre season. While Jarnkrot is a better 2 way guy and should match Kase's 27pts in 50 games, who replaces Kerfoot's 50 and Mikheyev?

Niemala is not ready, Joey Anderson is not an NHLer, hes had barely a cup of coffee in the NHL over 2 years in TOR and wasnt good the prior 2 years in NJ. Knies is going to college so hes not in the lineup until the last 20 games.

IMO the goaltending is more unreliable and possibly worse than last year and while the bottom 6 looks slightly improved, but the defense AND the entire team is old. They are now the 6th oldest team in the league with an over reliance of Liljegren and sandin to evolve and step up (7th and 8th among leaf dmen in icetime last year) with Muzzin and Giordano a year older. And I dont really see physicality or toughness or body hitters, which seems to be something we perenially lack (just in the last 2 seasons we've seen the acquisitions of foligno, riley nash, simmonds, clifford, gabriel k, lyubushkin).

You might disagree and thats fine, but I dont see the above as a better team. I see a lot of wishing and hoping, some justified, but most just unrealistic
Jul. 21, 2022 at 2:15 p.m.
Some insiders saying Dubas could look like a genius, if both goalies can bounce back. Thats difficult for me: I don't understand the game of hazard anymore. He made enough injury related gambles in the past. Toronto need a consistent number 1 goalie. I'm happy that Knies is still a blue and white asset and not a Blackhawk - but the trade deadline goalie swing and a miss was the bigger fault IMO. Now Dubas had to deal with what was left... And that... yah... Husso? Kuemper? What would have been your choice?

On the other hand Toronto has a pretty damn good staff to help players to find themselves and their game back. Soup, Ennis, Galchenyuk... The last few years have been hard for everyone due to the pandemic, also Murrays father died. I could imagine both goalies with far better numbers than the couple last years. And they are both still pretty young. But I am far away from 'Oh my god, they will save the franchise and bring back the cup".
Honestly: after another Game 7 loss and this offseason so far I am out of expectations for the next season. And that's the sad part.

One of Murray or Samsonov should be better than last year Campbell. And if Soup is better than the Leafs goalies this year: good for him, man. It is time for good goaltending in Edmonton and in front of my inner eye Hyman already hands the Stanley Cup to Campbell. And don't Aubé-Kubel it.

I get it, you’re being an optimistic “homer”
To those who are actually objective, your goaltending is a shaky mess waiting to happen- until proven otherwise

It’s much more likely these castaways don’t work out than they do
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:39 p.m.
Still a 2 line team,

Wow.............Interesting how you write-off the Leafs like you are the expert......without any considation for the Leafs young core of players getting older, more experienced and moving towards their prime years in the NHL.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:40 p.m.

The offseason is not over.......and anyone who understands hockey knows the Leafs bottom six has been improved.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:46 p.m.

You sound like you are very jealous right now of the Leafs fans in general.......and I understand as the Maple Leafs are a great team.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:47 p.m.
Quoting: Hurricanes73
Why is one of your first arguments for somebody who is against your team is that they “listen too much to torontos media”

This isn’t the first time you have done this and you have done it to both me and him, one a Buffalo fan and one a carolina fan. What the actual **** would we be doing following Toronto media. We formulate these opinions on our own and you use different things as scapegoats. Most of your arguments are insanely biased and most of your posts/comments are as well. You literally called three decent prospects “super prospects” and it’s the stuff that pisses everybody else off. Believe whatever you want but don’t make accusations/excuses when somebody doesn’t completely agree with you. Chill out and have some CBD gummies or something. Stop calling your prospects “super prospects” and stop comparing Pierre Engvall to hall of famers (which yes we all know you did that)

So.......are you saying Knies, Niemela and Robertson are not great prospects for the Leafs?
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:54 p.m.
I really don't now if anyone works harder than Ondřej Kaše - and the Leafs wanted to sign him to the exact same contract that he now got in Carolina.

Mikheyev: underadet hard worker. I don't want to hear any comments about overpayment. It is, what it is, Toronto could not afford him and that is fine - but he is gone. A player beating McDavid in a sprint, I saw it with my own eyes. Fantastic PK Killer. And bringing together his hands with his food speed lately. Capable of 35 Goals, maybe 40.

I liked a few clips I've seen from Kubel.

Gaudette needs his weight and a bounce back: another gamble IMO.

Järnkrok is by far the best acquisition so far - but another player has to leave due to the cap hit.

So how on earth is this an upgrade to the bottom 6? Spezza has not had his best year - but he is not in the lineup anymore as well. And do you think Simmonds will age suddenly like wine and not like his milk year last season?

You need to wake up and realize that Case is one more concussion away from being finished as an NHL hockey player........There is a reason that Ducks, Bruins and now Leafs have let him walk..........He needs to retire and think about his long-term health.

Mikheyev is a fun player to watch but ineffective in the playoffs when it counts......unless you love the 2 open net goals he scored.......Massive over-payment by the Canucks.

Spezza is a great hockey player but not suited to play on a 4th line energy line and needed to retire as he too was relatively ineffective in the playoffs.........Simmonds best days are behind him and he is going to be an extra this year.

So.....yes regardless what you think......The Leafs bottom 6 is going to be much better than last year.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:06 p.m.
Glep
You need to wake up and realize that Case is one more concussion away from being finished as an NHL hockey player........There is a reason that Ducks, Bruins and now Leafs have let him walk..........He needs to retire and think about his long-term health.

Mikheyev is a fun player to watch but ineffective in the playoffs when it counts......unless you love the 2 open net goals he scored.......Massive over-payment by the Canucks.

Spezza is a great hockey player but not suited to play on a 4th line energy line and needed to retire as he too was relatively ineffective in the playoffs.........Simmonds best days are behind him and he is going to be an extra this year.

So.....yes regardless what you think......The Leafs bottom 6 is going to be much better than last year.

Leafs didn’t let him walk. They offered him a contract and the hurricanes offered him the same contract and he signed in carolina. Culture problem in Toronto? Anyways no the leafs bottom 6 is not better. Assuming kerfoot is good as gone then you have massive holes that other teams will exploit like they did last year
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:09 p.m.
Glep
So.......are you saying Knies, Niemela and Robertson are not great prospects for the Leafs?

For the leafs they are. Put them in the top 10 prospect systems in the NHL and they are knocked down a few rungs. In comparison with the entire leagues prospect pools they aren’t even top 40 prospects imo. Niemela and knies are top 50 and robertson is maybe top 60 but top 70 if I’m being blunt. And all of this isn’t even including the most recent draft and is based on pre draft prospect rankings.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 9:12 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
You sound like you are very jealous right now of the Leafs fans in general.......and I understand as the Maple Leafs are a great team.

Why would I be jealous of a team that can’t perform in the playoffs? You can assume whatever the hell you like, but I am in no way jealous of the Leafs. Wanting Leafs fans to go insane when Matthews walks is not jealousy. I can’t wait for Matthews to walk because at that point the world will burn, and it’s more fun when you can drive people up a wall.

So you can make your stupid assumption and keep spreading this false claim that the Leafs are the best and everyone on their roster is a Hall of Famer to be (Engvall, are you really fricking serious. Now that was a laugh), I just can’t wait for the realization to sink into that thick skull of yours, that they are nothing but a poorly run team that can’t win a round.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll