SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

LEAFS POWERHOUSE PROMOTES SUPER PROSPECTS KNIES NIEMELA AND ROBERTSON TO WIN CUP

Created by: TML_Tika
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 21, 2022
Published: Jul. 21, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,200,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (CGY)
TOR
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (WSH)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$82,408,950$212,500$0$91,050
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$856,667$856,667
RD
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 21, 2022 at 10:15 p.m.
Quoting: Hurricanes73
Leafs didn’t let him walk. They offered him a contract and the hurricanes offered him the same contract and he signed in carolina. Culture problem in Toronto? Anyways no the leafs bottom 6 is not better. Assuming kerfoot is good as gone then you have massive holes that other teams will exploit like they did last year

Hurricane are going about it the wrong way by signing all these over-hill players.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.
Quoting: evelutions2
Why would I be jealous of a team that can’t perform in the playoffs? You can assume whatever the hell you like, but I am in no way jealous of the Leafs. Wanting Leafs fans to go insane when Matthews walks is not jealousy. I can’t wait for Matthews to walk because at that point the world will burn, and it’s more fun when you can drive people up a wall.

So you can make your stupid assumption and keep spreading this false claim that the Leafs are the best and everyone on their roster is a Hall of Famer to be (Engvall, are you really fricking serious. Now that was a laugh), I just can’t wait for the realization to sink into that thick skull of yours, that they are nothing but a poorly run team that can’t win a round.

How can you say they are poorly run team when the Leafs have the 6th best winning record in the NHL since Sheldon Keefe became head coach........Leafs also had their best season last year in the entire history of their franchise so your comments make no sense.

You seem to take delight in the fact that the Leafs have not advanced out of the first round the last couple of years.......Well the loss to Montreal was the result of the team losing both Tavares and Muzzen in the series and the loss to Tampa was losing to a great team and a better goaltender.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 10:26 p.m.
For the leafs they are. Put them in the top 10 prospect systems in the NHL and they are knocked down a few rungs. In comparison with the entire leagues prospect pools they aren’t even top 40 prospects imo. Niemela and knies are top 50 and robertson is maybe top 60 but top 70 if I’m being blunt. And all of this isn’t even including the most recent draft and is based on pre draft prospect rankings.

The Leafs prospect pool was ranked 17th and B- by the Hockey News while Carolina's prospect pool was ranked 9th and A- by the Hockey News.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 10:26 p.m.
Quoting: evelutions2
I can’t wait for all the Lefas fans on here to go absolutely insane when Matthews walks in 2 years.

What a crazy thing to say.
Joronto liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 11:12 p.m.
Glep
Quoting: TML_Tika
The Leafs prospect pool was ranked 17th and B- by the Hockey News while Carolina's prospect pool was ranked 9th and A- by the Hockey News.

Your point? That’s one source. Many have the canes higher than that and many have the leafs lower than that. Average leafs position I have seen is late teens early 20s and the average canes position is between 6-10. That has nothing to do with my argument tho. The leafs simply do not have the top end talent leafs fans make the out to having. If Amirov was healthy I say they have a true top end guy but he isn’t so because of that the leafs have a bunch of good prospects but not great. Top 6 potential or top 4 potential but never top line or top 2
Jul. 22, 2022 at 3:44 a.m.
You need to wake up and realize that Case is one more concussion away from being finished as an NHL hockey player........There is a reason that Ducks, Bruins and now Leafs have let him walk..........He needs to retire and think about his long-term health.

Mikheyev is a fun player to watch but ineffective in the playoffs when it counts......unless you love the 2 open net goals he scored.......Massive over-payment by the Canucks.

Spezza is a great hockey player but not suited to play on a 4th line energy line and needed to retire as he too was relatively ineffective in the playoffs.........Simmonds best days are behind him and he is going to be an extra this year.

So.....yes regardless what you think......The Leafs bottom 6 is going to be much better than last year.

I know the history of ConKaše very well and I share your opinion a retirement would be best for his health. Especially when you watch his cannon ball play style.
So I am very awake but nice try to arouse me. 😏

The Leafs - unlike the Bruins - wanted to keep him: as I already wrote - Kaše wanted to leave!
And it is not about what will happen this year to him. The whole conversation is about the comparison of the bottom 6 from last season to the upcoming. And your argument was "The Leafs have upgraded their bottom 6 this offseason by signing players who play much harder" and my statement was "I really don't now if anyone works harder than Ondřej Kaše". Nothing else. He worked his ass off and was fun to watch and helped the team so much until his injury.

And Mikheyev?!? I wrote: "I don't want to hear any comments about overpayment." - and you answered: "Massive over-payment by the Canucks." I meant that literally.
This guy had so many bad, almost career ending injuries and now everybody making jokes about his 2 empty net Playoff Goals. Common. You can do better. Apparently you watched a lot of Leaf Games so you know he is a good engine and a rocket out there. Not sure Aubé-Kubel, Gaudette or even Järnkrok can fill that whole.
Honestly: I hope #65 scores 40 for the Canucks to shut up all those detractors. Would be cool for him. He wanted out already last year, he could not established himself on the much needed 2nd line left wing position, he underperformed in the playoffs...I all get that.

Spezzas intangibles were more worthy than the on ice production - so yeah, maybe it was the right move, but still I would have love to see him score 1000. And he was still capable of doing some nice stuff and score incredible goals - too rarely unfortunately.

It is not about what I think - its about objectivity. So I am interested, if you have any source of an expert opinion to provide your position. I follow the media a lot and never heard about the top 6 got better in the offseason.
Jul. 22, 2022 at 3:49 a.m.
Your point? That’s one source. Many have the canes higher than that and many have the leafs lower than that. Average leafs position I have seen is late teens early 20s and the average canes position is between 6-10. That has nothing to do with my argument tho. The leafs simply do not have the top end talent leafs fans make the out to having. If Amirov was healthy I say they have a true top end guy but he isn’t so because of that the leafs have a bunch of good prospects but not great. Top 6 potential or top 4 potential but never top line or top 2

So where do you see Knies and Niemelä? Never Top line - never Top Pair?

There were discussions last season to bring in Knies for Bunting because of his injury shortly before the playoffs...
Jul. 22, 2022 at 3:54 a.m.
What a crazy thing to say.

Absolutly. So lets start a poll. Right here. Lets go!
Jul. 23, 2022 at 5:43 a.m.
The offseason is not over.......and anyone who understands hockey knows the Leafs bottom six has been improved.

Bottom6 hasn’t been improved enough to make a difference
And your goaltending seems pretty set
It’s another 1st round loss for u guys
But at least that’ll get Dubas fired- then maybe the next guy will make some changes that actually help
Jul. 23, 2022 at 5:45 a.m.
Wow.............Interesting how you write-off the Leafs like you are the expert......without any considation for the Leafs young core of players getting older, more experienced and moving towards their prime years in the NHL.

When the Leafs start winning in the playoffs,
THEN (and only then) I’ll change my tune

You’re just being a biased homer, trying to see the positive
I get it, but it’s just not likely
Jul. 23, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.
Quoting: Buffalove
Bottom6 hasn’t been improved enough to make a difference
And your goaltending seems pretty set
It’s another 1st round loss for u guys
But at least that’ll get Dubas fired- then maybe the next guy will make some changes that actually help

I find it interesting that you are so sure about another first round loss months before the season has even started........sounds like an uninformed comment.
Jul. 23, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
Quoting: Buffalove
When the Leafs start winning in the playoffs,
THEN (and only then) I’ll change my tune

You’re just being a biased homer, trying to see the positive
I get it, but it’s just not likely

I am more looking at the ages of the Leafs core players of Matthews, Marner and Nylander and just think they are getting older and ready to start delivering in the playoffs while other team's core players like Boston and Tampa are ageing.
Jul. 23, 2022 at 3:57 p.m.
I find it interesting that you are so sure about another first round loss months before the season has even started........sounds like an uninformed comment.

It’s “informed” by the YEAR AFTER YEAR history of the “core”
of this team not being able to produce in the playoffs

And the goaltending u guys are going with us a complete
“Hail Mary”
Samsonov was not even qualified by the Caps- that’s how little they thought of him
And Murray couldn’t even stay in the Pros with Ottawa- and was on waiver for anyone to just take for free

Thinking either of those guys is the answer for you is what sounds “UNINFORMED” to me
Jul. 23, 2022 at 3:59 p.m.
I am more looking at the ages of the Leafs core players of Matthews, Marner and Nylander and just think they are getting older and ready to start delivering in the playoffs while other team's core players like Boston and Tampa are ageing.

It’s possible
But they’ll have to really carry the rest of the team
Bc the lineup around them has serious holes

U guys are gonna have to win shootouts in the playoffs,
and that’s much harder to do than in the regular season
U guys have found that out on a yearly basis at this point

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll