SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #9 - The Demise (Revival?) of Calgary

Jul. 21, 2022 at 6:53 p.m.
With all these recent ACGMs involving Calgary, Penguins fans have slipped into the top 5 worst fanbases, right behind the Wild, Red Wings, Leafs, and Habs. They really think that being one of the 5 best prospects in the Penguins pipeline means anything lmao, their only prospect worth a 1st round pick is the guy they just selected in the 1st round, not that he’s ever included in a trade of course.
EsoYeezus69 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:01 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Alfie11
With all these recent ACGMs involving Calgary, Penguins fans have slipped into the top 5 worst fanbases, right behind the Wild, Red Wings, Leafs, and Habs. They really think that being one of the 5 best prospects in the Penguins pipeline means anything lmao, their only prospect worth a 1st round pick is the guy they just selected in the 1st round, not that he’s ever included in a trade of course.

100% agree with you, some of them think Marino is worth more than Hintz, some think they know your own team better than you, and some think they’re smarter than you while being extremely nut headed.

And they probably have the worst prospect pool out there.
Juiceman, zk97, kdawg32086 and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:02 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan

Are you telling me Zucker, Poulin, and a first is not enough for Tkachuk?

I still think top 3 is Leafs, Habs, Rangers

Leafs: I’ll trade you Kerfoot Holl and Muzzin for your good players

Habs: Anderson for 2OA take it or leave it

Rangers: Sorry but our seventh round pick from 3 years ago is a stud and is untouchable. Easy PASS from the Rangers
A_Habs_fan and justaBoss liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:09 p.m.
Quoting: Juiceman

Rangers: Sorry but our seventh round pick from 3 years ago is a stud and is untouchable. Easy PASS from the Rangers

Rangers are definitely up there. But it’s just the thought that “oh he’s worth a 1st + good prospect + young roster player? Yeah we’ll offer poulin+kapanen” and they think that’s not just a competitive offer but one of the better ones lmao, and then yeah having the nerve to call zucker not a cap dump like come on

Leafs and Habs ACGMs I barely bother clicking on anymore. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a reasonable one. I’ve blocked almost every Wild fan at this point 💀💀
EsoYeezus69, Juiceman, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:28 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Rangers are definitely up there. But it’s just the thought that “oh he’s worth a 1st + good prospect + young roster player? Yeah we’ll offer poulin+kapanen” and they think that’s not just a competitive offer but one of the better ones lmao, and then yeah having the nerve to call zucker not a cap dump like come on

Leafs and Habs ACGMs I barely bother clicking on anymore. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a reasonable one. I’ve blocked almost every Wild fan at this point 💀💀

Rangers fans don’t make bad ACGMs, they just get angry at everyone else. Make a Braden Schneider trade? Well you’ve been banished to the shadow realm. Tell them their prospects aren’t as good as they think they are? Welp you’ve been banished to the shadow realm. Personally I have seen many Wild fans and almost forgot they existed. They don’t seek too bad. As for Leafs and Habs, I still click because seeing the insanity people come up with is great fun sometimes.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:37 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Anybody else realize that Connor Geekie is right shot in NHL 22?
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:48 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

Gotta include the Vancouver fans on he list with the numerous Miller trades made in the past six months. Usually no appreiciation of other teams cap.
Juiceman liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:51 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: palhal
Gotta include the Vancouver fans on he list with the numerous Miller trades made in the past six months. Usually no appreiciation of other teams cap.

Again, are you telling me Miller won’t fetch 3 firsts, your top prospect, and a top 4 RHD in the same package? Preposterous!
palhal, AndrewLadd and Tintin liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:56 p.m.
Jamie Benn is BACK
Again, are you telling me Miller won’t fetch 3 firsts, your top prospect, and a top 4 RHD in the same package? Preposterous!

Some of the Dickinson and Myers trades have been pretty bad too.
justaBoss liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 7:57 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: kdawg32086
Some of the Dickinson and Myers trades have been pretty bad too.

I haven’t seen any Dickinson trades. Rarely any Myers trades too.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:01 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

In his past two injury season Max Pacioretty had 85 points in 87 games.....and his was given away because of 7m X 1 year contract. My opinion about Miller, teams are giving up "a lot" based on his one great season (last season). We'll see how if 100 point guy or a his usual 70 point guy this season. Either way, I think he will trading at TDL..so his cap won't hurt his new team, and teams will have a better idea of his worth.
Juiceman liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:02 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: palhal
In his past two injury season Max Pacioretty had 85 points in 87 games.....and his was given away because of 7m X 1 year contract. My opinion about Miller, teams are giving up "a lot" based on his one great season (last season). We'll see how if 100 point guy or a his usual 70 point guy this season. Either way, I think he will trading at TDL..so his cap won't hurt his new team, and teams will have a better idea of his worth.

Vegas also traded a Vezina winner for nothing. Kinda hope Miller gets traded now because last season is likely his peak performance. I still think he can get around 85 points
palhal liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:07 p.m.
Rangers fans don’t make bad ACGMs, they just get angry at everyone else. Make a Braden Schneider trade? Well you’ve been banished to the shadow realm. Tell them their prospects aren’t as good as they think they are? Welp you’ve been banished to the shadow realm. Personally I have seen many Wild fans and almost forgot they existed. They don’t seek too bad. As for Leafs and Habs, I still click because seeing the insanity people come up with is great fun sometimes.

Wild fans just have an inexplicable love for Bill Guerin. Like at least with Red Wings fans it’s super annoying but Yzerman is actually a good GM. I don’t think Guerin is that great tbh. Drafting is good, but he lost Fiala for futures off of a team that should be trying to compete, ruined their cap flexibility for years, and imo downgraded their goaltending (I think relying on a duo of an aging, regressing Fleury and unproven yet also regressing Gustavsson isn’t that intelligent personally). Like you want to give the Wild a top 6 centre? It better be for a 3rd round pick where you pay another team for the 75% retention because Guerin is super smart. Or Guerin wouldn’t be interested at all, Frederick Gaudreau is super good.
Juiceman liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:16 p.m.
Jamie Benn is BACK

I think the Myers trades to Dallas have mostly quieted down now, but for a good chunk of the year, there were a lot of Dickinson to Dallas for a 4th and Myers to Dallas for a 2nd trades.
Juiceman liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

I usually see Dickinson get bought out but I think people forget the deadline for that passed
Juiceman liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:21 p.m.
retired
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I don’t believe this will be a take that will age well

FYNTeRKWYAMLsLf?format=jpg&name=large

He is a stud IMO

someone want to explain 'entry success' to me.
BuFfaLOFaN and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:24 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangle

Yea, I'd like to know, but I'd also assume entry that turns into goal?
csick liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:25 p.m.
retired
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN

weird that he could be among the best in the league at entries but among the worst in the league at having them lead to goals/chances. maybe im just not understanding this right.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:26 p.m.

Here’s jfresh’s explanation of the XL player cards
DirtyDangle and MatthewsFan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:27 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Gaining the offensive zone with the puck and not losing it
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:28 p.m.
retired
Quoting: jfresh
Entry Success: A player’s rate of success when attempting to enter the offensive zone. On average, a forward will be able to enter the zone in some fashion on 88% of his attempts. Players who are more ambitious with their entries (e.g. trying to go one-on-one instead of dumping it in) might succeed less often.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:29 p.m.

It’s just the players rate of success when trying to enter the zone. I’m not sure why it’s so low for Hughes.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:29 p.m.

weird that he could be among the best in the league at entries but among the worst in the league at having them lead to goals/chances. maybe im just not understanding this right.

See above for the technical description, but I think the way to interpret it is that Hughes likely tries to enter the zone with possession more often than dumping it in and forechecking (since he’s highly skilled and highly skilled players like the puck on their sticks, plus he’s not exactly a huge physical presence) and just isn’t as successful at that yet as he likely will become (like Gaudreau has no problem dangling into the zone, and I anticipate that due to his speed and skill, Hughes will reach a similar level).
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:31 p.m.
I’m still surprised Nino only got 4 mill x 2.

These teams should have had no problem giving him 4.25-4.5 mill x 3-4 years: Carolina, Toronto ,isles , Sharks, Devils
BuFfaLOFaN and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2022 at 8:33 p.m.
Quoting: Db1899
I’m still surprised Nino only got 4 mill x 2.

These teams should have had no problem giving him 4.25-4.5 mill x 3-4 years: Carolina, Toronto ,isles , Sharks, Devils

He’s literally Darryl Sutter’s dream player lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll