SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #9 - The Demise (Revival?) of Calgary

Jul. 25, 2022 at 5:57 p.m.
cautious optimism
unknown.png

wee

edit: This picture is a lot bigger than i expected it to be.
justaBoss, BuFfaLOFaN, NoVaSpartan and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:01 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: justaBoss
EsoYeezus69

Suter over Carlo 💀

Wtf these voters are so dumb 💀

It’s like saying Comeau>Danault
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:06 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: SevenLeg
Do you, as a Sharks fan, look at what the team has done in the past month or so and say "wow I'm so confident in this team's new front office!" ?

Yeah but you're playing too much into recency bias; as much as my answer is as well. So no I am not confident but would it be fair to judge a product two weeks into it's life?
I mean I can personally see the merit in MOST of their moves.

The only poor taste move imo was not fighting to keep Doug Wilson Jr and cleaning house their too. That just was a plain stupid move as lets say all of Griers plans go down the toilet, youd arguably just give Wilson JR the next in line but it was clear that Grier (and prob Hasso Plattner) would rather start from scratch.
SevenLeg liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:10 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
The most controversial thing you will see on CF

My NHL Logo Rankings

32. Washington Capitals - I hate words on logos (you will see that theme in these rankings). This logo is all words. They need to switch to one of their eagle logos
31. New York Rangers - I swear this is not biased but words on logo again is a crime. The Lady Liberty logo is much better than this one
30. New York Islanders - This logo has words and is pretty busy. Bring. Back. The. Fisherman.
29. Anaheim Ducks - A duck's foot is the least intimidating part of a duck. They need to try to get some form of the Mighty Ducks logo
28. Buffalo Sabres - Unpopular opinion but I don't like this logo at all (I don't really like circle logos in general). The swords look like scissors cutting the Sabre.
27. Los Angeles Kings - For a team located in LA and named the Kings, the logo and colors are bland. They could be so much more creative.
26. Edmonton Oilers - Again, words for a logo but for the Oilers, Its difficult to come up with something else for a team like the oilers
25. Tampa Bay Lightning - For a team called the Lightning, its a pretty basic logo. Was hoping for something more creative
24. Columbus Blue Jackets - I don't really understand this logo. To me it just looks like the Ohio flag and a star.
23. Florida Panthers - Looks like a solid secondary logo, not a main logo. The old Panthers logo was fire
22. Carolina Hurricanes - I mean its a hurricane...that's about it.
21. Boston Bruins - Its a classic logo but its basic so I can't put it much higher
20. Toronto Maple Leafs - Same thing as the Bruins. Classic look but it's not creative enough to be higher
19. EfF5Qc0X0AA0DJp?format=jpg&name=900x900 Their new logo is better than their old one, but I don't love it.
18. Philadelphia Flyers - What is a flyer? Not sure but this design is okay so I'll leave it here.
17. Montreal Canadiens - I used to like this logo but then I saw on twitter that it looks like a toliet so that lowered it
16. Vancouver Canucks - Not bad, not good. Mid, just like the Canucks so its right in the middle
15. Chicago Blackhawks - I don't want to start any contreversy so I'll leave the logo here. Logo is a little too busy for my liking
14. Detroit Red Wings - Most overrated logo imo. It's decent but I wouldn't put it close to the top 5.
13. St. Louis Blues - Simple logo. Nothing too flashy, nothing too boring
12. Winnipeg Jets
11. Dallas Stars
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Pittsburgh Penguins
8. FQITUAMacAUrTYR?format=jpg&name=medium
7. Nashville Predators
6. Vegas Golden Knights
5. FYim-Q6XoAM744b?format=jpg&name=large
4. Colorado Avalanche
3. Calgary Flames
2. San Jose Sharks
1. Minnesota Wild

(No descriptions for the top 12 because didn't really need them)
yikes liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:18 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Devil

My NHL Logo Rankings

32. Washington Capitals - I hate words on logos (you will see that theme in these rankings). This logo is all words. They need to switch to one of their eagle logos
31. New York Rangers - I swear this is not biased but words on logo again is a crime. The Lady Liberty logo is much better than this one
30. New York Islanders - This logo has words and is pretty busy. Bring. Back. The. Fisherman.
29. Anaheim Ducks - A duck's foot is the least intimidating part of a duck. They need to try to get some form of the Mighty Ducks logo
28. Buffalo Sabres - Unpopular opinion but I don't like this logo at all (I don't really like circle logos in general). The swords look like scissors cutting the Sabre.
27. Los Angeles Kings - For a team located in LA and named the Kings, the logo and colors are bland. They could be so much more creative.
26. Edmonton Oilers - Again, words for a logo but for the Oilers, Its difficult to come up with something else for a team like the oilers
25. Tampa Bay Lightning - For a team called the Lightning, its a pretty basic logo. Was hoping for something more creative
24. Columbus Blue Jackets - I don't really understand this logo. To me it just looks like the Ohio flag and a star.
23. Florida Panthers - Looks like a solid secondary logo, not a main logo. The old Panthers logo was fire
21. Boston Bruins - Its a classic logo but its basic so I can't put it much higher
20. Toronto Maple Leafs - Same thing as the Bruins. Classic look but it's not creative enough to be higher
19. EfF5Qc0X0AA0DJp?format=jpg&name=900x900 Their new logo is better than their old one, but I don't love it.
18. Philadelphia Flyers - What is a flyer? Not sure but this design is okay so I'll leave it here.
17. Montreal Canadiens - I used to like this logo but then I saw on twitter that it looks like a toliet so that lowered it
16. Vancouver Canucks - Not bad, not good. Mid, just like the Canucks so its right in the middle
15. Chicago Blackhawks - I don't want to start any contreversy so I'll leave the logo here. Logo is a little too busy for my liking
14. Detroit Red Wings - Most overrated logo imo. It's decent but I wouldn't put it close to the top 5.
12. Winnipeg Jets
11. Dallas Stars
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Pittsburgh Penguins
7. Nashville Predators
6. Vegas Golden Knights
4. Colorado Avalanche
3. Calgary Flames
2. San Jose Sharks
1. Minnesota Wild

Devils are too high
They don't have anything to do with Devils
Bottom 7 imo
Don't like Habs logo, not creative enough, but where did you find out it looked like a toilet
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:25 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan

My NHL Logo Rankings

12. Winnipeg Jets
11. Dallas Stars
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Pittsburgh Penguins
7. Nashville Predators
6. Vegas Golden Knights
4. Colorado Avalanche
3. Calgary Flames
2. San Jose Sharks
1. Minnesota Wild

Kachina too low imo
Devil liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:26 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Devils are too high
They don't have anything to do with Devils
Bottom 7 imo
Don't like Habs logo, not creative enough, but where did you find out it looked like a toilet

Devils horn…devils tail…
zk97 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:28 p.m.

My NHL Logo Rankings

12. Winnipeg Jets
11. Dallas Stars
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Pittsburgh Penguins
7. Nashville Predators
6. Vegas Golden Knights
4. Colorado Avalanche
3. Calgary Flames
2. San Jose Sharks
1. Minnesota Wild

Where would you rank my profile pic in the logos? Top 3, #1?
DirtyDangle liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:31 p.m.
retired
wild logo is overrated. how long before you noticed it was a bear. it took me like a decade.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:34 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
TIL the Ducks' logo is a duck's foot
yikes, zk97 and Devil liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:36 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: SevenLeg
TIL the Ducks' logo is a duck's foot

It’s a foot? I always thought it was a wing or something…
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:39 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangle
wild logo is overrated. how long before you noticed it was a bear. it took me like a decade.

It’s very detailed once someone explains it to you. Thought it was basically a triangle for years lol
DirtyDangle liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:45 p.m.
retired
Quoting: Alfie11
It’s very detailed once someone explains it to you. Thought it was basically a triangle for years lol

the breakdown in case anyone is wondering.

cvhh22znl9g81.jpg
Alfie11, BuFfaLOFaN, justaBoss and 11 others liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:47 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Juiceman
It’s a foot? I always thought it was a wing or something…

Yeah me too, or just a random shape lol
Juiceman liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:51 p.m.
Jinx god
Mooterus logo>
Devil liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:56 p.m.

Benson and Wood are some exciting names to watch. Surprised Celebrini didn’t crack the team as a spare even. Not sure why Fantilli and Bedard aren’t here unless it’s because they’re on the WJC team.
csick, EsoYeezus69, Zinger and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 6:58 p.m.
KFTW

Benson and Wood are some exciting names to watch. Surprised Celebrini didn’t crack the team as a spare even. Not sure why Fantilli and Bedard aren’t here unless it’s because they’re on the WJC team.

Benson and Yager. Benson posted over a point per game at 16 in the WHL .
Alfie11 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 7:05 p.m.
Quoting: csick
Benson and Yager. Benson posted over a point per game at 16 in the WHL .

Yeah Benson could be a top 5 pick next year. Yager, Wood, and Allen (probably the best D available) could be top 10. Heidt, Ritchie, and Barlow are also likely 1st rounders. Pretty stacked group of forwards honestly. Oliver Bonk is a future Crosby linemate, position be damned.
csick and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 7:06 p.m.
KFTW
Yeah Benson could be a top 5 pick next year. Yager, Wood, and Allen (probably the best D available) could be top 10. Heidt, Ritchie, and Barlow are also likely 1st rounders. Pretty stacked group of forwards honestly. Oliver Bonk is a future Crosby linemate, position be damned.

What about Dvorsky
Alfie11 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 7:08 p.m.
Quoting: csick
What about Dvorsky

He’s Slovak lol. Him and Benson are fighting for 4/5 for me rn
csick liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 7:09 p.m.
Jinx god

Lol I know one of them.

Dylan Mackinnon, guy is a force, 6’4” and 200 pounds give or take. Played Bantam Major with some of my friends, I just played the level below them.
Alfie11 and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 7:13 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Lol I know one of them.

Dylan Mackinnon, guy is a force, 6’4” and 200 pounds give or take. Played Bantam Major with some of my friends, I just played the level below them.

Looks like we'll be seeing you smashing things up in HlinkaGretzkyCup in 2024.

Be there or be square.
EsoYeezus69, Juiceman and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 7:19 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Lol I know one of them.

Dylan>Nathan confirmed

can’t teach 6’4” baby
EsoYeezus69, justaBoss, Juiceman and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 7:26 p.m.
What in tarnation

@zinger
Zinger, EsoYeezus69, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 7:31 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: justaBoss

zinger

Words can't describe how hyped I am right now.

Zinger is headed back to Carolina baby!

I'm glad I have summoned Waddell to give this man a second chance.
justaBoss, zk97, yikes and 2 others liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll