Edited May 26, 2017 at 4:47ENTRY DRAFT RULES AND PROCEDURES
Start Date: Friday, May 26th at 9:00am EST
Prospect Rankings/Selection Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yo8xQyv9ueo-D1BRo2y3J0t2hwKU5UqKaSlw2HNT7i0/edit?usp=sharing
FIRST ROUND pick selection thread: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/64172
- Begins Friday, May 26th at 9:00am EST
1. GM's will have a window of 2.5 hours at a scheduled time to make their selection.
The first pick of each day is allowed to make their selection any time after the last pick of the previous day, until the end of their scheduled window in the morning.
(The 1st, 6th, 11th, 16th, 20th, 24th, and 28th picks would have an "overnight" window. The 6th pick can make their selection Friday night after the 5th pick has been made, for example.)
2. You must make your selection BEFORE the end of your allotted time. DO NOT wait until the last minute.
If a pick is not used prior to the end of the scheduled time, the BOG will automatically select the next highest ranked prospect on behalf of that GM.
Once a selection has been posted, either by you or by the BOG on your behalf, it is PERMANENT. There will be NO CHANGES permitted. No exceptions.
(If you attempt to make your selection 5 minutes before the end of your scheduled time, and/or you lose your internet connection temporarily, too bad. We simply can't delay the entire schedule if something happens, even if it is out of your control. You will still get the next highest ranked player, but it may not be the specific player you wanted.)
3. Wait until the selection for the person before you has been posted.
The BOG will make every effort to process the selection at the end of the appointed time, but we may not be right on time for every single window, and we have to process the Selection Tracker/Trades/Verify Picks, etc. If you make your pick before the previous one is processed you may end up with an automatic selection if you pick the same player as the person before you.
ROUND 2 and 3
- Begin Friday, June 2nd at 9:00am EST
GM's will have a window of 1.5 hours at a scheduled time to make their selection. Otherwise, the same rules apply as in round 1.
- Begins Friday, June 9th at 9:00 am EST
GM's will have a window of 1 hour at a scheduled time to make their selection. Otherwise, the same rules apply as in rounds 1-3.
- Begin Sunday, June 11th at 1pm EST
GM's will have a window of 30 minutes at a scheduled time to make their selection. Otherwise, the same rules apply as in rounds 1-4.
1. Prior to the start of the draft, we will be collecting the picks that each team possesses and adding that information to the Selection Tracker. It will be the responsibility of each GM to review and make sure all of their picks are displayed correctly. We will need you to inform us of any errors and keep us advised of any trades involving picks after the Tracker is updated.
NOTE: Until the playoffs are over, the last 4 positions in each round may be out of order. They will be corrected to reflect the real life results of the playoffs as they are known. If you own picks in these positions, be sure to check again after the playoffs have concluded to make sure everything is still in order.
2. The BOG will be accepting "Preference Lists" for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds only. These will be used in lieu of the Prospect Rankings and allow you to select a player other than the next highest ranked player, should you miss your scheduled window. You will be able to submit your own top 31 list for the first round, as well as your position preferences for the 2nd and 3rd round. We will only use your top 31 list for Round 1. For Rounds 2 and 3, we will auto-draft by your positional preference whenever possible.
There will be a thread posted to submit these lists prior to the beginning of the draft. Be sure to follow the format for submissions, as any misinterpretation of what you provide will be your responsibility.
There will be no Preference Lists for Rounds 4-7. It will be up to you to make your selection and if you do not, the next best player available will be selected.
3. It is recommended that you keep track of your own schedule for the selections you own and wish to make. Not knowing or getting your scheduled time wrong will not be an exception either. Keep in mind that, as a last resort, you can also make transactions to acquire or trade away picks that you simply can not make your scheduled time for. You may trade up or down in order to get a better scheduled time.
4. If you have an Assistant GM, you will be able to give them the authority to make the selection. They will not have that authority by default. This consent will be part of the "Preference List" when you submit it. As long as they have consent, it will be treated as if you made the selection yourself. You will not be able to show up after they have posted your pick and attempt to change it. Make sure they have all of the information they need before you give them permission to select.
1. The BOG will post a thread for picks to be made in each round. Only selections are to be posted.
There will be a separate thread for discussion during the draft. Any questions or concerns can be addressed there.
Picks will be made according to a specific format in the thread provided. If you post incorrectly and it results in an error, your pick may be rejected so BE CAREFUL WHEN POSTING YOUR SELECTION
The specific format will be provided in the first post of the thread for drafting your players. Do not just copy the person before you, in case they did something wrong. We want to keep this clean and organized, since we are on a schedule and won't be able to make changes to the schedule to accommodate GM's that do not post correctly. If you need assistance, ask in the discussion thread BEFORE posting your selection.
2. Once your selection has been posted, your "turn" is over, even if your time to select is not. You may not change your selection once it has been made. If you attempt to do so, your pick may be rejected and moved to the end of the round.
3. Trades during the draft will be allowed, but be mindful of the schedule and don't wait until the last minute to make a trade. Be aware that if you are acquiring a pick, that the same schedule applies to your selection as the previous owner. You will not be given extra time to use your newly acquired pick.
Read all of these rules carefully and be sure you understand. You will be responsible for any errors. Follow the rules carefully. Ask for help when you are uncertain. Pay attention to the rules in the draft threads as well. Follow instructions. Let's make this smooth and simple.