RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 8
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
RFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 2
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 24, 2022 at 7:23 a.m.
That doesn't seem like a lot of quality to give up for Dubois. And would WPG be willing to take on 13M+ for 3+ years for those 3 players? Seems like Montreal escapes from the cap while getting the best player in this trade.
Jul. 24, 2022 at 8:30 a.m.
Quoting: QualityTrades1
That doesn't seem like a lot of quality to give up for Dubois. And would WPG be willing to take on 13M+ for 3+ years for those 3 players? Seems like Montreal escapes from the cap while getting the best player in this trade.

1. That is a lot of Quailty, maybe it's not 3 top 6 forwards but they are all NHL quality top 9 forwards and Anderson is a top 6 forward and Dvorak is a Middle 6 center. I think what you mean though is there is not a lot of young superstar potential in there bit that is not how "hockey" trades work. Tkachuk was traded for 2 rentals (to offset the cap) a B prospect and a lottery protected 1st. Huberdeau is not likely extending in Calgary, Weegar is questionable as well, so essentially the deal boils down to a conditional 1st + 2 players on expiring contracts who likely leave when over. That is like Montreal sending Drouin + Davonov + top 10 protected 1st for PLD. Drouin to replace PLD's points and Dadonov as a good player on an expiring contract that may or may not extend. Not really sure why Flames fans see this as a win, especially if those 2 players do not extend in Calgary! Sure, it has the potential to be a win but so does Drouin + Dadonov + a 2023 too 10 protected 1st for the Jets. I mean the 1st alone could be 11-15 and turn out to be a better player than PLD.

2. Anderson likely has Winnipeg on his NT list anyway, and he wouldn't waive as part of a package to get his friend to Montreal.
Jul. 24, 2022 at 8:42 a.m.
Quoting: Campabee
1. That is a lot of Quailty, maybe it's not 3 top 6 forwards but they are all NHL quality top 9 forwards and Anderson is a top 6 forward and Dvorak is a Middle 6 center. I think what you mean though is there is not a lot of young superstar potential in there bit that is not how "hockey" trades work. Tkachuk was traded for 2 rentals (to offset the cap) a B prospect and a lottery protected 1st. Huberdeau is not likely extending in Calgary, Weegar is questionable as well, so essentially the deal boils down to a conditional 1st + 2 players on expiring contracts who likely leave when over. That is like Montreal sending Drouin + Davonov + top 10 protected 1st for PLD. Drouin to replace PLD's points and Dadonov as a good player on an expiring contract that may or may not extend. Not really sure why Flames fans see this as a win, especially if those 2 players do not extend in Calgary! Sure, it has the potential to be a win but so does Drouin + Dadonov + a 2023 too 10 protected 1st for the Jets. I mean the 1st alone could be 11-15 and turn out to be a better player than PLD.

2. Anderson likely has Winnipeg on his NT list anyway, and he wouldn't waive as part of a package to get his friend to Montreal.

Umm. That was a lot of unnecessary talk about Tkachuk and Calgary... Anyways. I think you misinterpreted what I said about 'quality' as 'young superstar potential' when I actually meant 'quality'.

Winnipeg is not looking for roster guys like Arizona, they are looking to get back into it. Dvorak (a lesser center to replace Dubois) with Anderson and Armia is not what Winnipeg needs. On top of that, they have to commit to these guys for at least 3 years each with a combined 13M+ salary. Whether it be retool or rebuild, this is a loss for Winnipeg no matter how you spin it.
Jul. 24, 2022 at 8:53 a.m.
Umm. That was a lot of unnecessary talk about Tkachuk and Calgary... Anyways. I think you misinterpreted what I said about 'quality' as 'young superstar potential' when I actually meant 'quality'.

Winnipeg is not looking for roster guys like Arizona, they are looking to get back into it. Dvorak (a lesser center to replace Dubois) with Anderson and Armia is not what Winnipeg needs. On top of that, they have to commit to these guys for at least 3 years each with a combined 13M+ salary. Whether it be retool or rebuild, this is a loss for Winnipeg no matter how you spin it.

Winnipeg is looking to get back to the playoffs, they need to get a replacement center in a PLD trade (Dvorak). They also need a guy of Anderson's ilk in their forward group, they have no one like that currently. And their bottom 6 could use a guy like Armia (who Jets fans know and love). I don't think that Chevy would accept this but I also don't think he would just hang up as you seem to be suggesting. A better deal for the Jets would be in the mold of the Tkachuk trade. Someone to replace PLD at center immediately Huberdeau for Tkachuk esk (Dvorak) + cap offset who may or may not extend but has high skill, with 1 year remaining on his contract Weegar esk (Drouin). Plus a top 10 protected 1st, we can skip the Schwindt and a 4th additions.

Dvorak + Drouin + 1st (top 10 protected) for PLD
Jul. 24, 2022 at 8:59 a.m.
Winnipeg is looking to get back to the playoffs, they need to get a replacement center in a PLD trade (Dvorak). They also need a guy of Anderson's ilk in their forward group, they have no one like that currently. And their bottom 6 could use a guy like Armia (who Jets fans know and love). I don't think that Chevy would accept this but I also don't think he would just hang up as you seem to be suggesting. A better deal for the Jets would be in the mold of the Tkachuk trade. Someone to replace PLD at center immediately Huberdeau for Tkachuk esk (Dvorak) + cap offset who may or may not extend but has high skill, with 1 year remaining on his contract Weegar esk (Drouin). Plus a top 10 protected 1st, we can skip the Schwindt and a 4th additions.

You did not even reference the cap commitment that Winnipeg has to give in this situation. They're taking on contracts with term of middle-of-the-lineup players for an RFA top-6 center.

Here lets change the narrative.

Nashville will give Montreal Sissons, Granlund, and McDonagh for Kirby Dach if he won't sign (hypothetical).

A combined 14.6M (compared to the 13.3M in yours) for 3+ years for an RFA center that won't sign.

A bottom-6 guy, a center to replace Dach, and in this case, it's a veteran defenseman that gives the lineup an experienced mentor which they have no one like currently.

And yeah, I get it, comparisons are never the greatest because they're always different situations but Montreal doesn't even consider this whether they're contending or rebuilding.

Simply put, you can't trade a player with potential for a bunch of middle-of-the-lineup guys with lots of salary.
Nake_qc liked this.
Jul. 24, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
You did not even reference the cap commitment that Winnipeg has to give in this situation. They're taking on contracts with term of middle-of-the-lineup players for an RFA top-6 center.

Here lets change the narrative.

Nashville will give Montreal Sissons, Granlund, and McDonagh for Kirby Dach if he won't sign (hypothetical).

A combined 14.6M (compared to the 13.3M in yours) for 3+ years for an RFA center that won't sign.

A bottom-6 guy, a center to replace Dach, and in this case, it's a veteran defenseman that gives the lineup an experienced mentor which they have no one like currently.

And yeah, I get it, comparisons are never the greatest because they're always different situations but Montreal doesn't even consider this whether they're contending or rebuilding.

Simply put, you can't trade a player with potential for a bunch of middle-of-the-lineup guys with lots of salary.

I purposely didn't mention the cap commitment because I literally said Anderson wouldn't waive for Winnipeg especially in a trade for his good friend PLD. Also I said that Winnipeg probably wouldn't accept the original offer anyway but would be looking for a return similar to the Tkachuk trade. Dvorak to replace PLD at center, Drouin to help offset the points and as a potential rental who may resign with high end skill and a protected 1st.

The deal isn't far off jin value ust the peices are wrong for the Jets
Jul. 24, 2022 at 10:11 a.m.
Jets wouldn’t take on 13M. Dvorak, Anderson can be included but the 3rd asset has to be a top prospect or 1st round pick
QualityTrades1, hwjw, Nake_qc and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 24, 2022 at 10:14 a.m.
I purposely didn't mention the cap commitment because I literally said Anderson wouldn't waive for Winnipeg especially in a trade for his good friend PLD. Also I said that Winnipeg probably wouldn't accept the original offer anyway but would be looking for a return similar to the Tkachuk trade. Dvorak to replace PLD at center, Drouin to help offset the points and as a potential rental who may resign with high end skill and a protected 1st.

So what you're saying is if Anderson waived (because this is all hypothetical), Winnipeg doesn't accept because it's not good enough. Just like what I am saying. Except the deal is far off because you refuse to acknowledge that the cap and term are the biggest issues with the return.

Obviously in this mock scenario, Anderson has waived otherwise why is this even a discussion?
hwjw liked this.
Jul. 24, 2022 at 10:23 a.m.
Winnipeg is not going to trade a top 6 centre with great potential for an over paid third line. Maybe Dvorak comes back in the deal to offset the cap and to get a nhl player but it likely has to include Barron or Mailloux, maybe Kidney and the Florida first.
Jul. 24, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
I think what ends up happening is that the Jets will hold onto Dubois until the 2023 TDL (if out of the playoffs) or 2023 offseason and get their first and a prospect (quality depends if it is one or two playoff runs and if Dubois has another good season with Connor) to whichever team wants him. Then in the summer of 2024 Dubois goes to MTL, which will be his fourth team since 2021.
Nake_qc liked this.
Jul. 24, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
So what you're saying is if Anderson waived (because this is all hypothetical), Winnipeg doesn't accept because it's not good enough. Just like what I am saying. Except the deal is far off because you refuse to acknowledge that the cap and term are the biggest issues with the return.

Obviously in this mock scenario, Anderson has waived otherwise why is this even a discussion?

I don’t believe it’s worth trying to get a decent argument back at the moment.
The bottom line is the Jets won’t trade PLD for a return like that. Plain and simple.
Jul. 24, 2022 at 10:49 a.m.

Hypothetical or not Anderson still likely has the Jets on his NT list and wouldn't waive in a trade for PLD since they are really good friends that want to be teammates again. You "hypothetical" all you want but it does not change the facts. Hypothetically a jet could fall out of the sky and land on my car and the airline could give me 100 million dollars but that is not going to happen just like Anderson waiving for the Jets in a PLD trade.

The Jets wouldn't refuse a deal like this, the issue is they wouldn't get this offer cause Anderson likely has them on his NT list. Hypothetically IF Anderson agreed to the trade you wouldn't have to include Armia but would have to add a 3rd or 4th round pick. I literally said the value was close (value not cap constraints). I even said that the cap complications are irrelevant because Anderson wouldn't waive. The fact that you want to ignore his M-NTC and argue semantics based on a hypothetical situation that would never happen because of his M-NTC is utterly ridiculous!
Jul. 24, 2022 at 11:08 a.m.
Hypothetical or not Anderson still likely has the Jets on his NT list and wouldn't waive in a trade for PLD since they are really good friends that want to be teammates again. You "hypothetical" all you want but it does not change the facts. Hypothetically a jet could fall out of the sky and land on my car and the airline could give me 100 million dollars but that is not going to happen just like Anderson waiving for the Jets in a PLD trade.

The Jets wouldn't refuse a deal like this, the issue is they wouldn't get this offer cause Anderson likely has them on his NT list. Hypothetically IF Anderson agreed to the trade you wouldn't have to include Armia but would have to add a 3rd or 4th round pick. I literally said the value was close (value not cap constraints). I even said that the cap complications are irrelevant because Anderson wouldn't waive. The fact that you want to ignore his M-NTC and argue semantics based on a hypothetical situation that would never happen because of his M-NTC is utterly ridiculous!

Hahaha like talking to a wall at this point. I'm glad everyone else in this thread understands what I'm saying. Maybe you should try re-reading the thread to get the gist of this conversation.
Jul. 24, 2022 at 11:22 a.m.
Hahaha like talking to a wall at this point. I'm glad everyone else in this thread understands what I'm saying. Maybe you should try re-reading the thread to get the gist of this conversation.

Maybe you should try to be more realistic in your proposals and respect NTC and NMC's
Jul. 24, 2022 at 12:46 p.m.

It's far off lol and it wasn't Trade1s deal in the first place

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll