Forums/Armchair-GM

LEAFS ELEVATE OWN ROCKET IN NICK ROBERTSON TO PLAY ON DOMINATING SECOND LINE

Created by: TML_Tika
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 27, 2022
Published: Jul. 27, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Toronto Maple Leafs elevate one of their brightest and top prospects in Nick Robertson, a goal scoring machine and Rocket on the ice to the team to play on the creation of a second dominating line with John Tavares and William Nylander. This gives the Leafs the best top two lines by one team in entire NHL and not seen for years.

Hockey fans have been waiting patiently for this development and remember that Nick Robertson was the young player who scored a mind boggling 55 goals and 33 assists for 86 points in only 46 games in the OHL for the Peterborough Petes during the 2019-2020 season.

He may have been one of the biggest steals of the 2019 NHL Draft when he was selected by Kyle Dubas for the Leafs with the 53rd overall pick and was one of the youngest players from his NHL draft class.

Nick Robertson is the younger brother to Jason Robertson of the Dallas Stars. He is a very stong skater, extremely creative with the puck with high-end vision and elite goal scoring and shooting skills and a star in the making.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,700,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (DAL)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$82,161,450$212,500$0$338,550
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$834,167$834,167
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 28, 2022 at 6:28 p.m.
Quoting: Theozler
I picked rangers over avs to begin playoffs so yes I thought avs could do it. Leafs have 8 goals in the six games that eliminated them from the playoffs(4 of those in 1 game, so 1 or less in other 5). In tight checking high stakes games you cannot just rely on your superstars you need bottom six guys to come up big. Is your memory so short to forget who came up big for Tampa in game 7???

Nick Paul has a flukey game of his life and you seem to think he will be able to do in the future......not likely......and he will just revert to his oldself.
Jul. 28, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
Quoting: TML_Tika
Nick Paul has a flukey game of his life and you seem to think he will be able to do in the future......not likely......and he will just revert to his oldself.

So who’s going to have a “flukey game” when leafs need it?
Jul. 28, 2022 at 6:44 p.m.
So who’s going to have a “flukey game” when leafs need it?

Are you saying that Bunting, Robertson, Kerfoot, Engval, Jankrok, Aubel-Kubel, Steeves, Sandin, Lilejgren, Brodie, Muzzen and Giordano are not capable of scoring any playoff goals.

I give all the credit in the world to the Lightening and when they have to win they play a total lockdown defensive low scoring game and minimize chances and relying on their elite goalie and hoping their PP and PK are better than the other team and it worked by beating the Leafs 2 to 1.

Montreal deployed the same strategy the year before and relied on Price and shutdown defence to beat the Leafs however Leafs were missing Tavares and Muzzen.

My point is every team has lower level players that are capable of scoring and comming through in a big and important game.......and once they do people like you say they are clutch playoff performers where really them comming through like Nick Paul was a totally random once off event in his life........and the reason Ottawa had no problem unloading him to the Lightening.
Jul. 28, 2022 at 6:49 p.m.
Are you saying that Bunting, Robertson, Kerfoot, Engval, Jankrok, Aubel-Kubel, Steeves, Sandin, Lilejgren, Brodie, Muzzen and Giordano are not capable of scoring any playoff goals.

I give all the credit in the world to the Lightening and when they have to win they play a total lockdown defensive low scoring game and minimize chances and relying on their elite goalie and hoping their PP and PK are better than the other team and it worked by beating the Leafs 2 to 1.

Montreal deployed the same strategy the year before and relied on Price and shutdown defence to beat the Leafs however Leafs were missing Tavares and Muzzen.

My point is every team has lower level players that are capable of scoring and comming through in a big and important game.......and once they do people like you say they are clutch playoff performers where really them comming through like Nick Paul was a totally random once off event in his life........and the reason Ottawa had no problem unloading him to the Lightening.

Never said Paul is clutch, I’m pointing out cup winners get those performances from bottom six in big moments, and yes I’m saying I don’t foresee those players coming up big in key moments.

Do you know why teams have playoff failures but improve? The recognize where they’re weak and make the appropriate moves to get better. Leafs bottom six has been bade for a while, their goaltending keeps downgrading. I will say their d is improving but not the point it will make up for the other areas.
Jul. 28, 2022 at 11:11 p.m.
Never said Paul is clutch, I’m pointing out cup winners get those performances from bottom six in big moments, and yes I’m saying I don’t foresee those players coming up big in key moments.

Do you know why teams have playoff failures but improve? The recognize where they’re weak and make the appropriate moves to get better. Leafs bottom six has been bade for a while, their goaltending keeps downgrading. I will say their d is improving but not the point it will make up for the other areas.

Wow.....you have totally written off both Matt Murray and Ilya Samsonov who were both first string starting goalies last year because of what you hear in the Toronto media........No way one if not both of these goalies is going to have a great year next year.
Jul. 28, 2022 at 11:16 p.m.
Wow.....you have totally written off both Matt Murray and Ilya Samsonov who were both first string starting goalies last year because of what you hear in the Toronto media........No way one if not both of these goalies is going to have a great year next year.

Ok I don’t like being rude but can you stop with this Toronto media stupidity? I have told you countless times I don’t live there , I don’t go scouting internet for Toronto media so just stop with that nonsense.

Samsonov was a sub .900 save percentage and not qualified by his team and Murray has been inconsistent at best since his third year in Pittsburgh. Yes I 100% think their goaltending has trended downward with Andersen to Campbell to the band-aid duo.
Jul. 29, 2022 at 12:47 a.m.
Ok I don’t like being rude but can you stop with this Toronto media stupidity? I have told you countless times I don’t live there , I don’t go scouting internet for Toronto media so just stop with that nonsense.

Samsonov was a sub .900 save percentage and not qualified by his team and Murray has been inconsistent at best since his third year in Pittsburgh. Yes I 100% think their goaltending has trended downward with Andersen to Campbell to the band-aid duo.

The entire hockey world is influenced by the Toronto Media no matter where you live.
Jul. 29, 2022 at 12:57 a.m.
The entire hockey world is influenced by the Toronto Media no matter where you live.

So by your logic we should listen to real hockey experts, but they would be influenced by the Toronto media as well…so are you the only expert then?
Jul. 29, 2022 at 10:20 a.m.
Agree....both Holl and Giordano are now 6 and 7th defenceman......Leafs need to get Sandin and Liljegren together on 2nd pairing as important to use your younger players in a Cap league.

The team is going to need to move on from both Muzzen and Brodie in the near future as well......Hoping Topi Niemela develops and think Victor Mete may turn some heads if given the opportunity.

And JaredofLondon thinks the Leafs defense has not been a problem at all; tried to explain to him when you have Giordano and Holl on the 2nd line, Brodie a first liner...it's kind of a problem come playoff time. Just not the defensive depth they need in the playoffs.

Yes, the young defensive players need to step up or the Leafs are going to have a hard time in playoff hockey.
TML_Tika liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll