SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Vancouver Canucks Off Season

May 18, 2017 at 2:52 p.m.
Hi could I please get feedback on my Armchair GM I made a while ago.
Thanks

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/280521
May 18, 2017 at 2:56 p.m.
The interesting thing is that I have almost the same hope that that's what the Nucks do. But I don't see Buffalo doing that just because Tanev is a RHD, and they already have Risto and Bogo there. A LHD would be better for them. Perhaps they do this tho. And Virtanen has a ways to go in the AHL, putting Dahlen on that line would make more sense. Other than that, pretty solid!
May 18, 2017 at 3:07 p.m.
Yeah I agree with your left handed defenceman argument. Thanks for the feedback!
May 18, 2017 at 3:23 p.m.
Quoting: ErikJohannsen
Yeah I agree with your left handed defenceman argument. Thanks for the feedback!

Some pretty good GMing. In a perfect world I would actually pick either a D man or Mittlestadt. With my 5th pick. (you will see why with the canucks team i mocked up). Brett Howden being the key piece in the Tanev Trade (Big skilled physical Center - replaces Glass and is closer to getting into the Lineup today)

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/331380
May 18, 2017 at 3:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ErikJohannsen
Hi could I please get feedback on my Armchair GM I made a while ago.
Thanks

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/280521

it looks pretty good to me i guess.
May 18, 2017 at 9:56 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Looks pretty good to me. Only thing I would change is that Gudbranson contract. In my opinion he is a 3rd pairing defenseman and is unlikely to ever be better than that, he is also coming of an injury and I really hope they don't sign him long term. If I were the Canucks, I wouldn't give him more than 3mil for 2 years. One more little thing is that Tom Nilsson has signed a contract in the Swedish league and won't resign with the Canucks.
May 18, 2017 at 11:56 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: TonyStrecher
Looks pretty good to me. Only thing I would change is that Gudbranson contract. In my opinion he is a 3rd pairing defenseman and is unlikely to ever be better than that, he is also coming of an injury and I really hope they don't sign him long term. If I were the Canucks, I wouldn't give him more than 3mil for 2 years. One more little thing is that Tom Nilsson has signed a contract in the Swedish league and won't resign with the Canucks.

i agree it's a lot but i'd call him a 2nd pairing guy who had a bad year.
May 22, 2017 at 1:51 p.m.
UFAs: Canucks signed Megna to league minimum but at least you nailed that they would re-sign him. I don't see the Canucks signing any other UFAs.
RFAs: Gaunce got too much of a raise - thinking $800K for same term, Chaput is a career AHLer so league minimum, rest are perfect
Created: Nicely done though I highly doubt Heiskanen falls to #33
Trades: I really think Sbisa has more value to VGK than an unproven Gaunce. Sbisa could be dealt by VGK at the '18 trade deadline for a decent return as well; CBJ would be making a mistake if they don't offer up their late 2nd for this draft; TOR needs to add a pick(s) to the trade; I doubt Dallas would give up their 3OA in that trade, perhaps just Eriksson for Niemi and a 2nd?

Overall not too bad.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll