C, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the New York Rangers
$875,000$875,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW
RFA - 2
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$797,500$797,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
RFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 29, 2022 at 10:03 a.m.
Jinx god
Stars easily decline. Bourque has more value than Lundkvist by a considerable amount.

Lundkvist gets Dellandrea from Dallas, he’ll never get Bourque.
noahs21 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2022 at 11:21 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
If Dallas Bourque is on the table, so is Schneider. If you're not trading Schneider, you're not getting Bourque.

Lundkvist gets you Dellandrea
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2022 at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Stars easily decline. Bourque has more value than Lundkvist by a considerable amount.

Lundkvist gets Dellandrea from Dallas, he’ll never get Bourque.

Quoting: TheMooterus
If Dallas Bourque is on the table, so is Schneider. If you're not trading Schneider, you're not getting Bourque.

Lundkvist gets you Dellandrea

Can't say I totally disagree, but it's more complex. While Bourque has more value than Lundkvist, Schneider holds more value than Bourque. I think it looks something like this:

Schneider = Bourque + ...

Bourque = Lundkvist + ...

Lundkvist = Dellandrea + ...

We could quibble about what "+" means in each case, so I won't start that debate here. As a Ranger fan, my real question for Dallas is: how do you rank Bourque, Johnston, and Stankoven? I'd be more inclined to package Lundkvist plus something for whichever of those three is ranked #2 in your system.
Jul. 29, 2022 at 2:46 p.m.
Jinx god
Edited Jul. 29, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
Quoting: anelson115
Can't say I totally disagree, but it's more complex. While Bourque has more value than Lundkvist, Schneider holds more value than Bourque. I think it looks something like this:

Schneider = Bourque + ...

Bourque = Lundkvist + ...

Lundkvist = Dellandrea + ...

We could quibble about what "+" means in each case, so I won't start that debate here. As a Ranger fan, my real question for Dallas is: how do you rank Bourque, Johnston, and Stankoven? I'd be more inclined to package Lundkvist plus something for whichever of those three is ranked #2 in your system.

Stars aren’t trading neither of those 3, and certainly not for Lundkvist. In NYR Lundkvist will never make their top 4 with Fox and Schneider above him while those 3 Stars players will be in the top 6 in 2-3 years,

Like I said, Stars would trade Dellandrea for him as they were drafted the same year and both played well in the AHL this year. Lundkvist maybe has a little more value than him, but they’re wayyy closer than Bourque or those other two compared to Lundkvist.
Jul. 29, 2022 at 3:31 p.m.
Stars aren’t trading neither of those 3, and certainly not for Lundkvist. In NYR Lundkvist will never make their top 4 with Fox and Schneider above him while those 3 Stars players will be in the top 6 in 2-3 years.

Like I said, Stars would trade Dellandrea for him as they were drafted the same year and both played well in the AHL this year. Lundkvist maybe has a little more value than him, but they’re wayyy closer than Bourque or those other two compared to Lundkvist.

Agree with your last sentiment - it will take more added to Lundkvist to get one of Bourque, Johnston, or Stankoven than would need to be added to Dellandrea to get Lundkvist. No arguments there. But what I don't agree with is that all three of those prospects will be in the Dallas top 6 forward group. They are all right-shot centers and will have to slot in with Hintz (also a center) and Robertson. Even moving one of them to the wing, I don't think it makes sense to keep all three - maybe two of them stick around in the top 6. So which one is on the outside? Probably not a decision that will be made this year, but worth considering if you can use one to add a young right-shot defenseman with up-side.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2022 at 3:42 p.m.
Jinx god
Agree with your last sentiment - it will take more added to Lundkvist to get one of Bourque, Johnston, or Stankoven than would need to be added to Dellandrea to get Lundkvist. No arguments there. But what I don't agree with is that all three of those prospects will be in the Dallas top 6 forward group. They are all right-shot centers and will have to slot in with Hintz (also a center) and Robertson. Even moving one of them to the wing, I don't think it makes sense to keep all three - maybe two of them stick around in the top 6. So which one is on the outside? Probably not a decision that will be made this year, but worth considering if you can use one to add a young right-shot defenseman with up-side.

It’s true that we have too many centres and not many RHD, but it’s wrong to say that they aren’t going to be top 6 players and that it doesn’t make sense to keep all three because they have immense offensive potential and that’s one if the things the Stars have lacked in the past. 2 of them will have to go wing though.

I see their future top 6 being:

Robo-Hintz-Bourque
Marchment-Johnston-Stankoven

First one is Stankoven, he’s too short to be a centre (don’t know one single 5’8” centre in the history of the league) and he has the play style of a winger (sniper, something like DeBrincat.

After that you have Bourque, who is a natural centre, but Johnston and Hintz are too and they’re better. I see him moving to the wing because his play style matches Pavelski’s really well (look what he did with that duo). Pavelski also was mainly a centre, but could also play wing.
anelson115 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2022 at 4:18 p.m.
It’s true that we have too many centres and not many RHD, but it’s wrong to say that they aren’t going to be top 6 players and that it doesn’t make sense to keep all three because they have immense offensive potential and that’s one if the things the Stars have lacked in the past. 2 of them will have to go wing though.

I see their future top 6 being:

Robo-Hintz-Bourque
Marchment-Johnston-Stankoven

First one is Stankoven, he’s too short to be a centre (don’t know one single 5’8” centre in the history of the league) and he has the play style of a winger (sniper, something like DeBrincat.

After that you have Bourque, who is a natural centre, but Johnston and Hintz are too and they’re better. I see him moving to the wing because his play style matches Pavelski’s really well (look what he did with that duo). Pavelski also was mainly a centre, but could also play wing.

Not trying to argue that all three aren't top-6 forward caliber - I think they will be - just that, on Dallas, I don't know it makes sense to use all three in the top-6. I would probably move one of them to the wing, use one at center, and move on from the third in favor of a UFA wing over the next two off-seasons.

As for Stankoven - I'd compare him now to Marco Rossi in MIN, albeit more prone to shooting than passing. Or even Blake Lizotte in LA. He can certainly play up the middle, but I agree with you that he'd make an excellent choice for transition to RW. So, assuming Johnston is the #1 of these three (let me know if I'm wrong here), the choice is between Bourque and Stankoven, which really comes down to what style of play the team wants to embrace going forward.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - Dallas has some exciting prospects to follow over the next couple of seasons!
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2022 at 4:35 p.m.
Jinx god
Not trying to argue that all three aren't top-6 forward caliber - I think they will be - just that, on Dallas, I don't know it makes sense to use all three in the top-6. I would probably move one of them to the wing, use one at center, and move on from the third in favor of a UFA wing over the next two off-seasons.

As for Stankoven - I'd compare him now to Marco Rossi in MIN, albeit more prone to shooting than passing. Or even Blake Lizotte in LA. He can certainly play up the middle, but I agree with you that he'd make an excellent choice for transition to RW. So, assuming Johnston is the #1 of these three (let me know if I'm wrong here), the choice is between Bourque and Stankoven, which really comes down to what style of play the team wants to embrace going forward.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - Dallas has some exciting prospects to follow over the next couple of seasons!

Yeah basically, too hard to tell between them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll