Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      21$82,500,000$76,972,499$1,132,500$4,770,000$5,527,501
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
      $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
      RW, LW
      RFA - 3
      $7,875,000$7,875,000
      C
      UFA - 8
      $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      $1,100,000$1,100,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      C, RW
      RFA - 4
      $3,400,000$3,400,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 3
      $825,000$825,000
      LW, RW
      RFA - 1
      $1,700,000$1,700,000
      C
      UFA - 3
      $3,400,000$3,400,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $875,000$875,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $10,500,000$10,500,000
      G
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      $4,875,000$4,875,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 4
      Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
      $9,500,000$9,500,000
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 8
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
      LD/RD
      RFA - 3
      $3,500,000$3,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 3
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      G
      UFA - 2
      $762,500$762,500
      RD
      UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 9:59 a.m.
      Should be going for Bedard instead. This is still a bubble team and now you lost your lottery ticket for Bedard.
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 10:07 a.m.
      Chicago says yessssss
      Priyce liked this.
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 10:10 a.m.
      ARAB05
      Edmonton declines. Already have two goalies and no cap space.
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 10:16 a.m.
      This team is still not enough for a cup. With a few years Suzuki, Caufield and Slafkovsky maybe. But next year makes no sense, you are giving up the possibility of being successful over a span of multiple years, to "go for it" for one single year. Best thing to do is get another high draft pick and let the young guys gain experience in this league and develop the depth.

Look at the past 10 or so stanley cup champions. How did they win? They won with players they drafted, while adding temporary depth/support players at the trade deadline. You don't win cups with UFA signings. Don't give away future, best to bet on your development capabilities than to trade for overpaid players like Seth Jones, who has a full NMC and I am sure we won't want to come to Canada.

Price isn't even guaranteed to be able to finish out his contract. It's really not worth it.
      Just be patient wait one more year, be excited for the young players, hope for their success. If you want to watch a team going for the playoffs, I suggest being a fan of the Laval Rocket for a little, they should stack that team and surround their young prospects like Roy, Mysak, Slafkovsky*, Mesar*, RHP, Norlinder, Guhle, Barron, etc. with good players for them to learn and develop properly.

It takes time to build a sustainable championship caliber team. You don't want to rush it. Look at teams that have rushed it, like:
      - Toronto, Tavares was a UFA signing that pushed their window open and where are they now?
      [some] Teams are now learning that you need to develop. Let others pay for terrible contracts.

Also, if you don't want to wait time, just look at the Atlantic division, every team is now stacked, even Buffalo got better. Habs are not in anyway making the playoffs. Best to just let the young guys play and have no expectations.
      samipote and Nake_qc liked this.
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 10:17 a.m.
      Check again next summer. If that is the highest offer the Jets may move Dubois then.
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 10:19 a.m.
      Quoting: hawksfan1988
      Chicago says yessssss

LMAO such a terrible trade. I really don't understand some Habs fans, it might just be for "fun", but unrealistic... it's the fact that some are saying they can have a shot of making the playoffs this year, when looking not only their Division but Conference, they are dead last even if everything goes right.
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
      Did you see Gallagher play? ahahah . We would not win anything with that contract , i prefer Seth Jone anytime before Gallagher. I targeted Seth Jone just because Chicago want to trade everything . And yes he is Overpay , but he is still a good top 4 defensemen. Especially if he plays with a good partner like Matheson or Edmundson . Montreal got to final with a team similar to what a built on this Thread . If you don't think they could do the playoffs with those 6 defensemen idk what to say . Also what would you trade Gallagher for ? We need a right D . And it's hard to get without overpay . Also , it's just for fun lol , i would never do that in real life , or Maybe i would if i can get Seth Jones without giving my first round pick , but i doubt it's possible .
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 10:55 a.m.
      Quoting: Priyce
      This team is still not enough for a cup. With a few years Suzuki, Caufield and Slafkovsky maybe. But next year makes no sense, you are giving up the possibility of being successful over a span of multiple years, to "go for it" for one single year. Best thing to do is get another high draft pick and let the young guys gain experience in this league and develop the depth.

Look at the past 10 or so stanley cup champions. How did they win? They won with players they drafted, while adding temporary depth/support players at the trade deadline. You don't win cups with UFA signings. Don't give away future, best to bet on your development capabilities than to trade for overpaid players like Seth Jones, who has a full NMC and I am sure we won't want to come to Canada.

Price isn't even guaranteed to be able to finish out his contract. It's really not worth it.
      Just be patient wait one more year, be excited for the young players, hope for their success. If you want to watch a team going for the playoffs, I suggest being a fan of the Laval Rocket for a little, they should stack that team and surround their young prospects like Roy, Mysak, Slafkovsky*, Mesar*, RHP, Norlinder, Guhle, Barron, etc. with good players for them to learn and develop properly.

It takes time to build a sustainable championship caliber team. You don't want to rush it. Look at teams that have rushed it, like:
      - Toronto, Tavares was a UFA signing that pushed their window open and where are they now?
      [some] Teams are now learning that you need to develop. Let others pay for terrible contracts.

Also, if you don't want to wait time, just look at the Atlantic division, every team is now stacked, even Buffalo got better. Habs are not in anyway making the playoffs. Best to just let the young guys play and have no expectations.
      i Agree , i'm just so ****ing tired of Montreal having bad teams every year . When was the last time we finished top 10 in the league ?
      Priyce liked this.
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 11:13 a.m.
      mokumboi
      Hawks take that and run like the cops are chasing them. And this team would be lucky just to reach the playoffs.
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.
      Quoting: samipote
      i Agree , i'm just so ****ing tired of Montreal having bad teams every year . When was the last time we finished top 10 in the league ?

Understandably, but with looking at how teams in the Atlantic this year is treat assets, I wouldn't be to much in a hurry. In around 5 years, the atlantic will suck. Florida. Tampa, Boston will be lottery teams and depending on Matthews, Toronto might be too. It will be an exciting time just need to wait a year and enjoy the young talent we have.
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 12:20 p.m.
      Once a Kings Fan Too
      With Mikey Anderson and Sean Durzi to re-sign (giving us 7 defensemen) and 15 forwards under contract already (including the just-re-signed Gabe Vilardi), any trades from this point on will have to be at least cap-neutral and roster-neutral for Los Angeles, and this one is neither.
      kingsfaninSD liked this.
      Jul. 29, 2022 at 2:42 p.m.
      Quoting: samipote

When has the team taken a patient approach?

Quoting: Priyce

Am with you with all you just said.
      Priyce liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll