SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

San Jose Sharks signed Mario Ferraro (4 Years / $3,250,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 5, 2022 at 2:45 a.m.
BORDEGOD
Quoting: vmark
Yea I was mainly talking about how you said "will to win" because the guys I mentioned have that big time. Especially Couture I mean his playoff points are wild. It wasn't that long ago that the Sharks were in the WCF. If they can actually get some good goaltending, and EK can bring his big time "I'm that guy" on the blue line (and stay healthy) I could see them pushing in the Pacific this season. I don't watch them enough but you've sold me on Mario.

Just sayin, Couture and Hertl are still beast mode players who certainly have a big time will to win. And if we're counting just will, I'd imagine Vlasic would rather block 100000 shots than never win a Cup, even if they're all with his face.

You’re right. If:
Kahkonen/Reimer have a great season
Labanc bounces back
Eklund breaks out
Karlsson stays healthy and becomes “the guy”
The new guys Sturm, Kunin, Lindblom and Lorentz fill the intended roles and can each pot around 12 goals
Meier Hertl and Barabanov continue to tear up defenses
Gregor continues to improve his shot

Then yeah, if the stars align, we might compete in the pacific. Who knows right
vmark liked this.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 10:23 a.m.
IG vincemark78
Quoting: Kjell_Forsman
You’re right. If:
Kahkonen/Reimer have a great season
Labanc bounces back
Eklund breaks out
Karlsson stays healthy and becomes “the guy”
The new guys Sturm, Kunin, Lindblom and Lorentz fill the intended roles and can each pot around 12 goals
Meier Hertl and Barabanov continue to tear up defenses
Gregor continues to improve his shot

Then yeah, if the stars align, we might compete in the pacific. Who knows right

Yeah haha the goaltending is the biggest question for me. Should be a good tandem but does Reimer still have it and can Kahkonen make the next step in his development? I think Lindblom will be good but the other 3 are questionable, especially Kunin. I feel like Sturm and Lorentz were signed more for their physicality than their scoring depth.

It'll be an interesting division this year. Seattle got noticeably better. I don't think that their goaltending will be as bad as it was last year. Vegas and Vancouver were really close. The Kings got much better adding Fiala. It looks like it'll be competitive and that there aren't any shoe-ins; the only team that looks like it's going to be bad is Anaheim and they went out and added Klingberg, Strome, and Vatrano.
Kjell_Forsman liked this.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 10:47 a.m.
This more-or-less matches with the contract I was expecting the Sharks to re-sign Ferraro, and rightly so. He's a leader on the ice and will have a lighter defensive load this upcoming season given the Burns trade. This is a great contract, and one that should give Ferraro the time he needs to continue to grow.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit