SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

How do Bruins afford Bergeron/Krejci?

Aug. 5, 2022 at 10:59 a.m.
Is it expected that they sign $1 million AAV deals each? $1.5 million at most?

Other than that how in the world does Boston sign these guys?

Do they buyout Foligno to create $1.9 million of space (would have to have handshake deals already in place before doing that)?

I know they can move McAvoy, Marchand, and Grzelcyk to LTIR; but all of them are expected to return during the season so room has to be made. Just saying they can "trade Mike Rielly" with the way the market is right now and every team hurting for cap space is not a strategy that is wishful thinking.
Aug. 8, 2022 at 2:59 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Is it expected that they sign $1 million AAV deals each? $1.5 million at most?

Other than that how in the world does Boston sign these guys?

Do they buyout Foligno to create $1.9 million of space (would have to have handshake deals already in place before doing that)?

I know they can move McAvoy, Marchand, and Grzelcyk to LTIR; but all of them are expected to return during the season so room has to be made. Just saying they can "trade Mike Rielly" with the way the market is right now and every team hurting for cap space is not a strategy that is wishful thinking.

Well, here's how CF breaks it down:

Aug. 8, 2022 at 3:12 p.m.
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Well, here's how CF breaks it down:

Using the likely roster players based on past performance, etc I get just a shade above $3.8 million over the cap.

That assumes no LTIR and they try to accrue cap space for the deadline.

If using LTIR then they are fine until all the players return.

Foligno only solves it if he's traded. A buyout or getting buried in minors doesn't do enough. You could pair one of those options with carrying less than 23 players but that gets risky with waivers and road trips and it still is tight with 20 man roster.

Most likely is moving Mike Reilly who makes $3 million and playing with 21 or 22 players.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll