SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Bruins...Competitive?

Aug. 5, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
No one actually thinks the bruins can compete this year, do they?
Aug. 5, 2022 at 10:07 p.m.
tstan21
I think they’ll hang around but miss out on playoffs. Not a bottom team, not a top team
Aug. 5, 2022 at 10:28 p.m.
retired
do you mean compete for the playoffs or the cup?
Aug. 6, 2022 at 2:44 a.m.
Quoting: dzad96
No one actually thinks the bruins can compete this year, do they?

Too many questions for Boston at this point. They are probably the most "unfinished team" at this point.

Bergeron? Krejci?
Who plays center on top 2 lines without 1 or both?
Zacha's deal? Buyout Foligno?

Then you factor in the LTIR ward and when they all return. In a competitive division how far back can they fall behind before trying to finish strong when the gangs all back.
Mr_Gardoki liked this.
Aug. 10, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
Below Market Value
I think they'll be better than people expect. A top six of Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Hall, Krejci, and Smith is quite formidable; the depth is a little suspect, and any long-term injury in their top six would be a big obstacle.

Their blue line is their biggest strength, in my opinion. Lindholm-McAvoy has potential to be one of the best pairings in the league, assuming Lindholm can play like the Lindholm of old. Grzelcyk-Carlo is a very nice second pair to have, even if I'm not that high on Carlo, I'm very bullish on Grzelcyk. Reilly is a fine third pair guy, so hopefully whoever he gets saddled with (likely Forbort) doesn't poop the bed too badly.

Goaltending is a big question mark though (evergreen statement). Swayman has looked good in the games he's played, so we'll see if he can keep it up; but Ullmark wasn't great last season so if he can just be average-ish, Boston should be okay. They play behind one of the better defensive teams in the league so they shouldn't be overly taxed.
Aug. 10, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
torontos finest
I think they'll hover around the 0.500 mark until Marchard/McAvoy return. They're firmly a wild card team for me.
Aug. 14, 2022 at 11:36 p.m.
Banned
Should be a wild card team again like last year with Bergeron and Krejci coming back, although regarding Krejci, I think most of his impact will come off the ice and in the locker room rather than on the ice
Aug. 15, 2022 at 9:43 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Too many questions for Boston at this point. They are probably the most "unfinished team" at this point.

Bergeron? Krejci?
Who plays center on top 2 lines without 1 or both?
Zacha's deal? Buyout Foligno?

Then you factor in the LTIR ward and when they all return. In a competitive division how far back can they fall behind before trying to finish strong when the gangs all back.

I think this nails it on the head. What impact will Krejci and Bergeron have at this point? We have to wait and see. To me, while Swayman was good, I question if he's good enough to make Boston a true threat. If a team like Boston makes the playoffs, you can't ever discount battle proven players like Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci and Pasta, but you can question the unproven goaltending which could ultimately sink them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll