SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Isles cap clear for Kadri

Created by: PrinceSolaire
Published: Aug. 6, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hronek, FilipDetroit Red WingsNHL-$4,376,344011---0000--
2023 2nd round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dobson, NoahNew York IslandersNHL-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$10,296,1112243763713
Change$4,376,3440-100-10
Final$14,672,455 (↑)2242 (↓)7636 (↓)13000

Logo of the New York IslandersNew York Islanders

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dobson, NoahNew York IslandersNHL-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hronek, FilipDetroit Red WingsNHL-$4,376,344011---0000--
2023 2nd round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$11,185,0371937523612
Change-$4,376,344010010
Final$6,808,693 (↓)1938 (↑)5237 (↑)12000
Aug. 6, 2022 at 2:55 p.m.
FAN
Just not happening
Aug. 6, 2022 at 2:57 p.m.
Kap it with Seider
Explanation:
The idea being, with Kadri going to the Isles, I've heard rumblings that the Wings may be trying to pull Barzal from the Isles to clear the cap space - given how Barzal performed last season, that seems like something Lou /may/ consider, but I think that was an aberration because the team just had the worst luck, and it hit Barzal pretty bad, so I don't think Lou is going to move on from him just yet. Rumblings did seem focused on Bertuzzi for Barzal, which... could make sense for the Isles, but I'm undecided on that. I think the obvious reason Barzal is being brought up is because then they'd have Nelson, Kadri, and Barzal at center, so there'd be some line problems with 3 high end centers.
What concerns me is that Dobson hasn't been given an extension yet, which could just be Lou playing his games, or it could mean Dobson wants a long-term deal with the attached $$$ to come with it, rather than bridge-dealing at a lower hit and term.
I don't necessarily think Hronek + a 2nd is enough, though I couldn't think of what other pieces Detroit could throw in that would make this tantalizing enough for the Isles (Lindstrom, Walman, etc, these aren't necessarily pieces they'd be clamoring to get a deal pushed over the edge, if they even consider Hronek + a 2nd even close to the ballpark).
I wanna hear whether you think Detroit could have what the Isles would want to let Dobson go (excl. Seider, Edvinsson, Raymond, etc), because I would far and away prefer Dobson over Barzal, but the cap struggle of maneuvering it to happen would be complicated.
Basically just think-tanking whether this is even possible
Aug. 6, 2022 at 3:06 p.m.
Quoting: PrinceSolaire
Explanation:
The idea being, with Kadri going to the Isles, I've heard rumblings that the Wings may be trying to pull Barzal from the Isles to clear the cap space - given how Barzal performed last season, that seems like something Lou /may/ consider, but I think that was an aberration because the team just had the worst luck, and it hit Barzal pretty bad, so I don't think Lou is going to move on from him just yet. Rumblings did seem focused on Bertuzzi for Barzal, which... could make sense for the Isles, but I'm undecided on that. I think the obvious reason Barzal is being brought up is because then they'd have Nelson, Kadri, and Barzal at center, so there'd be some line problems with 3 high end centers.
What concerns me is that Dobson hasn't been given an extension yet, which could just be Lou playing his games, or it could mean Dobson wants a long-term deal with the attached $$$ to come with it, rather than bridge-dealing at a lower hit and term.
I don't necessarily think Hronek + a 2nd is enough, though I couldn't think of what other pieces Detroit could throw in that would make this tantalizing enough for the Isles (Lindstrom, Walman, etc, these aren't necessarily pieces they'd be clamoring to get a deal pushed over the edge, if they even consider Hronek + a 2nd even close to the ballpark).
I wanna hear whether you think Detroit could have what the Isles would want to let Dobson go (excl. Seider, Edvinsson, Raymond, etc), because I would far and away prefer Dobson over Barzal, but the cap struggle of maneuvering it to happen would be complicated.
Basically just think-tanking whether this is even possible

I'm hearing rumors the extension for Dobson is already done, but they are waiting to announce it until just before the season. This could be false info, but there's no way the Isles move Dobson. If they're looking to make room for Kadri, it'll be one or two of their glut of 5-6mil forwards, and they'll probably have to pay someone to take them. Lou loses his job if he moves Dobson IMO. I could see Barzal being moved, but they'll still need to move others to make cap space for future years.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 3:22 p.m.
Kap it with Seider
Quoting: Dutchies
I'm hearing rumors the extension for Dobson is already done, but they are waiting to announce it until just before the season. This could be false info, but there's no way the Isles move Dobson. If they're looking to make room for Kadri, it'll be one or two of their glut of 5-6mil forwards, and they'll probably have to pay someone to take them. Lou loses his job if he moves Dobson IMO. I could see Barzal being moved, but they'll still need to move others to make cap space for future years.

1. Hadn't heard that on Dobson, so that at least gives life to the "Lou playing his games" bit
2. I think Bailey would be the top of the list of glut contracts, but it's hard to really single out ones that Lou would actually move or teams would take (besides Arizona or Chicago) - Palmieri comes to mind for that.
3. I think you're probably right on Lou losing his job if Dobson moves unless the return was insane
4. I think Barzal moving would open up all the room that the Isles need, variant on how they handle Varlamov next off-season and whether Wahlstrom pops tf off.

I don't think the Isles would move any d man the more and more I've reflected on this idea, but it's fun to think about.
Dutchies liked this.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 6:16 p.m.
You can try to justify this trade all you want but the only way Dobson would be traded is if Raymond was coming back.

You don't trade elite young players unless you are getting an elite young player back.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 7:04 p.m.
Quoting: Dutchies

There is no chance the isles move Barzal to sign Kadri

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll