SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Matt barzal to the motor city

Created by: conny67
Published: Aug. 6, 2022 at 3:45 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hronek, FilipDetroit Red WingsNHL-$4,376,344011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Barzal, MathewNew York IslandersNHL-$6,962,366011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$10,296,1112243763713
Change-$2,586,022000000
Final$7,710,089 (↓)2243763713000

Logo of the New York IslandersNew York Islanders

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Barzal, MathewNew York IslandersNHL-$6,962,366011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hronek, FilipDetroit Red WingsNHL-$4,376,344011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$11,185,0371937523612
Change$2,586,022000000
Final$13,771,059 (↑)1937523612000
Aug. 6, 2022 at 3:55 p.m.
tstan21
Hronek is not worth this much
PrinceSolaire, aedoran and Kid liked this.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 4:01 p.m.
Kap it with Seider
Initial thought was "that's not enough cap clear or value for the Isles".
Admittedly I hadn't thought about Hronek for Barzal, I'm still locked in on trying to get Lamoriello fired for trading Dobson haha.

I think Lou is going to ask for a prospect or a pick in a trade like this as well though - maybe someone in the range of Wallinder, McIsaac, or Viro on the back end, or maybe Veleno on the front end (though that'd be tough to swallow initially as a Red Wings fan).

Dissecting what it looks like Lamoriello is trying to do, it looks like he's trying to stay in contention while building for the next 4-5 years, though I am largely basing that on the Romanov trade.
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
Hronek is no where near worth as much as Barzel and I really like Hronek possibly more than anyone else on this site. I'm not trying to be a jerk here but if you were a Detroit fan I'd ask you to delete this because it is far enough off that it is embarrassing. Honestly Barzel is on the same level as Larkin but Islanders fans and Detroit fans will both tell you that their team would never make that trade.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 5:32 p.m.
Caïd
Nyi is happy to refuse lol
Aug. 6, 2022 at 5:41 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
Hronek is no where near worth as much as Barzel and I really like Hronek possibly more than anyone else on this site. I'm not trying to be a jerk here but if you were a Detroit fan I'd ask you to delete this because it is far enough off that it is embarrassing. Honestly Barzel is on the same level as Larkin but Islanders fans and Detroit fans will both tell you that their team would never make that trade.

I think Barzal would make a perfect #2 behind Larkin in DET, but that being said, you guys would need to add. Hronek is definitely undervalued in the community, but Barzal would speed up this rebuild and Hronek moving makes room for the glut of good young Dmen in the system. I'd add a first a couple years down the road and sign him to a 7x3 prove it contract.
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
I think Barzal would make a perfect #2 behind Larkin in DET, but that being said, you guys would need to add. Hronek is definitely undervalued in the community, but Barzal would speed up this rebuild and Hronek moving makes room for the glut of good young Dmen in the system. I'd add a first a couple years down the road and sign him to a 7x3 prove it contract.

I agree but at this point I do think asking for Larkin to be part of a trade for Barzel is fair. If they asked for Larkin I'd expect Barzel to be part of it. Even being a big fan of Hronek the Wing's have no one close to replacing him. He played 22min a game and Lindstrom looked overloaded with the 16min he played and I have no idea what is going on with their best RHD Prospect Antti Tuomisto. Right after his 2nd season in Denver and after winning a National Championship he left and went back to Finland,
Dutchies liked this.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 6:05 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
I agree but at this point I do think asking for Larkin to be part of a trade for Barzel is fair. If they asked for Larkin I'd expect Barzel to be part of it. Even being a big fan of Hronek the Wing's have no one close to replacing him. He played 22min a game and Lindstrom looked overloaded with the 16min he played and I have no idea what is going on with their best RHD Prospect Antti Tuomisto. Right after his 2nd season in Denver and after winning a National Championship he left and went back to Finland,

If Edvinsson isn't ready this year (I think he will be), I think Sebrango and McIsaac are ready to fill that void.
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 6:13 p.m.
This is a very easy no for the Isles. They are not moving their 1C unless there is a 1C coming back, and Hronek does not address any need of the team.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 6:51 p.m.
Quoting: PrinceSolaire
Initial thought was "that's not enough cap clear or value for the Isles".
Admittedly I hadn't thought about Hronek for Barzal, I'm still locked in on trying to get Lamoriello fired for trading Dobson haha.

I think Lou is going to ask for a prospect or a pick in a trade like this as well though - maybe someone in the range of Wallinder, McIsaac, or Viro on the back end, or maybe Veleno on the front end (though that'd be tough to swallow initially as a Red Wings fan).

Dissecting what it looks like Lamoriello is trying to do, it looks like he's trying to stay in contention while building for the next 4-5 years, though I am largely basing that on the Romanov trade.

There isn’t a realistic path to acquiring Barzal using Hronek. Picks + prospects added on wouldn’t get it done. Barzal and Dobson are two of the isles “untouchables” . The trade would have to be a significant overpay to get the isles to consider moving either one of them
Aug. 6, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Kap it with Seider
Quoting: Db1899
There isn’t a realistic path to acquiring Barzal using Hronek. Picks + prospects added on wouldn’t get it done. Barzal and Dobson are two of the isles “untouchables” . The trade would have to be a significant overpay to get the isles to consider moving either one of them

What I've heard get kicked around is something along the lines of Bertuzzi for Barzal - concept being, Kadri comes in, takes the 2C role, so they would likely prefer to drop barzal or Nelson than have one of them play 3C, and get a better winger back. I believe this necessitates moving Josh Bailey for cap reasons still, but that is actually a trade that sounds like a good deal for NYI, but maybe not one the Wings would take up now, but who knows.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 7:03 p.m.
What I've heard get kicked around is something along the lines of Bertuzzi for Barzal - concept being, Kadri comes in, takes the 2C role, so they would likely prefer to drop barzal or Nelson than have one of them play 3C, and get a better winger back. I believe this necessitates moving Josh Bailey for cap reasons still, but that is actually a trade that sounds like a good deal for NYI, but maybe not one the Wings would take up now, but who knows.

That is simply Twitter rumors, there is no truth to it. Isles wouldn’t even trade for Bertuzzi because he’s not vaccinated.

Barzal is the isles franchise center, he’s not available.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 7:28 p.m.
Kap it with Seider
Quoting: Db1899
That is simply Twitter rumors, there is no truth to it. Isles wouldn’t even trade for Bertuzzi because he’s not vaccinated.

Barzal is the isles franchise center, he’s not available.

It's the NHL's Silly Summer, get in the mood lmao

Debrincat for draft picks, weegar + huberdeau + a 1st for Tkachuk, Bjorkstrand for a 3rd and 4th, Pacioretty and Coghlan for NOTHING, (that's the funniest to me) - this is chaos, step into the chaos pool, borthor lmao

But in fairness, yes anything you see on Twitter relating to the Red Wings is usually not backed, and besides Lou putting contracts in his desk and waiting to process them, the Isles are just as tight-lipped as the Wings.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
It's the NHL's Silly Summer, get in the mood lmao

Debrincat for draft picks, weegar + huberdeau + a 1st for Tkachuk, Bjorkstrand for a 3rd and 4th, Pacioretty and Coghlan for NOTHING, (that's the funniest to me) - this is chaos, step into the chaos pool, borthor lmao

If Barzal is being traded to the wings, then Larkin would have to be included in the trade.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 7:58 p.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
If Edvinsson isn't ready this year (I think he will be), I think Sebrango and McIsaac are ready to fill that void.

But Edvinsson, Sebrango and McIassc are all LHDs. Edvinsson makes the team out of camp.
Dutchies liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll