SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #11 - Will Lamoriello ever announce Kadri's signing?

Aug. 18, 2022 at 3:18 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
I go fishing for 8 hrs and the NHL blows up - the way it usually goes.

The Flames are a monster imo. Despite myself hating Kadris term.

Guess I wasn’t the only guy getting some catches today - but the gongshow is still going strong; I’m jealous of the Habs taking a first with SM if that happens.
csick, NoVaSpartan, AndrewLadd and 6 others liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 3:32 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
I know my team is rudderless - but man what is going on in Long Island. Like memes aside we all know Lou and Trotz have squandered a lot of the opportunities the Isles had.

But now it’s just confusing. To compare - SJS; despite being a sinking ship - has a more clear path than we did draft day and prior. Arizona and Chicago want to go 0-83 somehow. Vancouver and the Sens are trying to get to the playoffs. Anaheim and Columbus despite having some odd moves have a path to compete. Seattle and Detroit aim to be relevant. Buffalo and the Devils have high hopes to surprise people.

I mean even the more head scratching teams have an idea. But the Isles are lost: Lou lucked into Raty but other than Aatu; the Isles prospect pool is WEAK. Their roster isn’t great and they’ve made no attempt to improve and went from a team with 4+ transactions in the works to none happening, and ALL the assumptions of said moves revolving around some UFA signings have simmered down. Maybe they’re signing ERod idk, but the Isles have literally done nothing. SJS confusing but trying to tank/ be a better team. They made quality moves. Detroit may not have praise on all their moves but they’re trying to be good.

Lou is just running it back with the same team - that has no soul or identity and no direction. It’s pretty ugly imo. Philly and the Isles are the teams that both are competing with Chicago for being the worst team on and off the ice. Arizona at least has a decent frame work (but they’re draft selections have me skeptical).
Tintin and AndrewLadd liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: yikes
I know my team is rudderless - but man what is going on in Long Island. Like memes aside we all know Lou and Trotz have squandered a lot of the opportunities the Isles had.

But now it’s just confusing. To compare - SJS; despite being a sinking ship - has a more clear path than we did draft day and prior. Arizona and Chicago want to go 0-83 somehow. Vancouver and the Sens are trying to get to the playoffs. Anaheim and Columbus despite having some odd moves have a path to compete. Seattle and Detroit aim to be relevant. Buffalo and the Devils have high hopes to surprise people.

I mean even the more head scratching teams have an idea. But the Isles are lost: Lou lucked into Raty but other than Aatu; the Isles prospect pool is WEAK. Their roster isn’t great and they’ve made no attempt to improve and went from a team with 4+ transactions in the works to none happening, and ALL the assumptions of said moves revolving around some UFA signings have simmered down. Maybe they’re signing ERod idk, but the Isles have literally done nothing. SJS confusing but trying to tank/ be a better team. They made quality moves. Detroit may not have praise on all their moves but they’re trying to be good.

Lou is just running it back with the same team - that has no soul or identity and no direction. It’s pretty ugly imo. Philly and the Isles are the teams that both are competing with Chicago for being the worst team on and off the ice. Arizona at least has a decent frame work (but they’re draft selections have me skeptical).

Watch Lou do nothing than leave in 2023 leaving NYI in a state of k what do we do now. Like sure there could be a trade to be made but idk I feel he should have made a move more so than just adding romanov
yikes liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
Jinx god
I go fishing for 8 hrs and the NHL blows up - the way it usually goes.

The Flames are a monster imo. Despite myself hating Kadris term.

Guess I wasn’t the only guy getting some catches today - but the gongshow is still going strong; I’m jealous of the Habs taking a first with SM if that happens.

Lmao for me it was wiring a house for 8 hours, but same scenario as you.
yikes liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 3:52 p.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Now that Kadri signed…

What the hell do we name the next threads?

"2021-22 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #12: The Subban Sweepstakes"
A_Habs_fan, zk97 and NoVaSpartan liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 3:54 p.m.
Quoting: csick
Dvorak-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Dach-Anderson
Drouin-Monahan-Gallagher
Pitlick-Evans-Dadonov
Armia-Byron-Pezetta

Yeah well Byron’s apparently LTIR and there’s no way Dadonov is a 4th liner and Armia a HS, if we add Monahan, a FWD’s moving out
Aug. 18, 2022 at 4:10 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
“2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #11 - Will Lamoriello ever announce Kadri's signing?”

No he won’t
zk97, yikes and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 4:10 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Still waiting for oilersguy to slander the Kadri contract and the Flames
Aug. 18, 2022 at 4:33 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Devil
Still waiting for oilersguy to slander the Kadri contract and the Flames

@oilersguy won’t be wrong slandering the contract
oilersguy liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 4:40 p.m.
retired
oilersguy won’t be wrong slandering the contract

if the cap jumps like its rumored and the money is front loaded it's not all that bad. the last 2 years might he hard but $7m now is good.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 4:50 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
oilersguy won’t be wrong slandering the contract

Quoting: DirtyDangle
if the cap jumps like its rumored and the money is front loaded it's not all that bad. the last 2 years might he hard but $7m now is good.

AAV is fine
Term is not
Aug. 18, 2022 at 4:55 p.m.
AAV is fine
Term is not

The thing is, Calgary doesn’t care about anything past 3, maybe 4 years from now. We’ll be full-on rebuilding by then regardless. Kadri and Huberdeau will be our Ladd+Eriksson or Toews+Kane to get us to the floor lol
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 4:56 p.m.

I am not trying to defend Lou here , but their identity is strong defense and goaltending. Their goaltending and top 4 D are top 5 in the league. The issue is the offense and Lou should have addressed it with a player in his prime, like debrincat , fiala etc..You can't win a cup with just strong defense and goaltending. I'd rather do nothing than sign kadri or trade for Miller though. It's a good thing they didn't sign Kadri, it would have left the team crippled for years,

The Islanders are a team that will drastically improve just from addition by subtraction. I don't think people realize how many players the isles had last season that aren't even NHL caliber. Chara, Greene, Matt Martin etc..The isles for whatever reason like to roll 4 lines, but they can't do it anymore. The top 6 needs to get most of the ice time, 3rd line play 3rd line minutes and the 4th line should see 5-6 min.

With this top 9 and defense, the isles are likely a 2nd rd exit at best.

Beau-Barzal-Wahlstrom
Lee-Nelson-Palmieri
Parise-Raty-Pageau
Bailey-Cizikas-Clutter

Pelech-Pulock
Romanov-Dobson
Salo-Mayfield

if they go with this they will miss the playoffs and struggle against younger and faster teams:

Lee-Barzal-Bailey
Beau-Nelson-Bailey
Parise-Pageau-Wahlstrom
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Pelech-Pulock
Romanov-Dobson
old UFA- Mayfield
yikes liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:01 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
AAV is fine
Term is not

Aav is fine - but the terms obviously the issue

By no means is it a bad move by Treliving but it’s clearly - how would you soften the word desperate?

Kadri is a solid 2nd line centre who’s exploded for near elite production. Obviously if he’s getting like 40 points next year his contract will look horrendous (assuming a 82gp) - but if he’s putting up 60-80 it’s obviously a great AAV for what he provides. If he hovers around .60-80points per game/ 82gp that’ll be well worth it and I think he can. I don’t hate the move for the Flames and it’s actually a really strong move money aside. I just hope Kadri can play a solid 3 years because that’ll be the Flames current window - if he’s missing for 1/3 years then it’s scary. And if his point production drops; it’s even scarier.

Good for the Flames tho; they’re going to be a real interesting follow.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:09 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Cap is said to jump in 2024 at the earliest

So I mean we will see a 1mill increase next year but that rumored 10mill wont happen till 2024. So contracts like this will be manageble unless something shuts down the NHL again

As I believe a new CBA or something needs to me negotiated
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:13 p.m.

also the isles have clearly had trouble with signing UFA'S, there is still a stigma with the isles for whatever reason - usually guys who get traded here end up loving it and re-signing, but its hard to convince UFA's.
So you'd think the isles would focus on putting their young players in a position to succeed... Lou and Trotz 1st season with the isles they were forced to do it, they had no choice. Pelech, Pulock, Toews, and Mayfield were all given top 4 roles with minimal NHL experience. Beauvillier and Barzal were given increased roles. Each year since they've gone away from that and tried to plug holes with has-beens. It's the main reason the isles sucked last season. Dobson was buried and then broke out due to injuries, Wahlstrom/Salo/Bellows were buried. It's not how the modern NHL works. You need a mix of vets and young talent.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

Canadiens L for trading away future considerations
Juiceman, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 6 others liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:50 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
1st. What is Lou doing
2nd, Id rather dump lucic than Sean.
3rd, Hows it going

Edit Would there be enough cap to dump luicic keep sean and sign kadri
Juiceman liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:50 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Calgary Flames offseason trade

In:
Huberdeau
Kadri
Weegar
Schwindt

Out:
Tkachuk
Gaudreau
Monahan
Gudbranson
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:51 p.m.
retired
Quoting: capsfan2121
1st. What is Lou doing
2nd, Id rather dump lucic than Sean.
3rd, Hows it going

4th, what the hell are the habs doing with all those forwards
zk97, capsfan2121 and csick liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:51 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM

What’s the condition i wonder
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:53 p.m.
Quoting: Zuki9797

Probably FLA 25 1st which was sent to CGY in the Tkachuk trade, FLA lottery protected it
DirtyDangle, zk97 and csick liked this.
retired
Quoting: Zuki9797

just speculation but probably the better of cgy/flordias 1st.
zk97 liked this.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Probably FLA 25 1st which was sent to CGY in the Tkachuk trade, FLA lottery protected it

just speculation but probably the better of cgy/flordias 1st.
zk97 liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:56 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

This deal looks familiar 🤔

Wrong link lol
csick liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option