SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #11 - Will Lamoriello ever announce Kadri's signing?

Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:22 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: ReginaSask
I wouldn’t laugh too hard. We all know what happens when LTIR kicks in. Ask Tampa

They're going to have a tough time trying to replace him. Every team in the league is sick of Vegas' nonsense and knows they're going to be desperate for a goaltender.
yikes liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:24 p.m.
Vegas ain’t making the playoffs with Thompson and Brossoit
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:25 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: mondo
They're going to have a tough time trying to replace him. Every team in the league is sick of Vegas' nonsense and knows they're going to be desperate for a goaltender.

I actually really like Thompson, a lot to ask of him to be the #1 but IMO has the ability
capsfan2121, ReginaSask, Tintin and 5 others liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:26 p.m.
Dave Keon Fan
Quoting: Canesfan21_

I’d agree although I never thought much of Lehrer to begin with and Thompson didn’t look too shabby although I wouldn’t trust him for a whole season
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: ReginaSask
I’d agree although I never thought much of Lehrer to begin with and Thompson didn’t look too shabby although I wouldn’t trust him for a whole season

Maybe they trade for one of San Jose 10 thousand goalies considering Brossoit is ass and Thompson is still unproven.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:32 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I actually really like Thompson, a lot to ask of him to be the #1 but IMO has the ability

The Pacific is pretty weak so they could properly slip in with what they have right now, but I doubt they'll go anywhere.
yikes liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:39 p.m.
The Pacific is pretty weak so they could properly slip in with what they have right now, but I doubt they'll go anywhere.

Is it that weak though? Calgary is still fairly strong (Tkachuk for Weegar just means we become a more low event team, but we shouldn’t allow many goals), Edmonton still has 2 of the best players in the world, and the Kings made the playoffs last year then added Fiala. Vegas keeps losing depth as well as starpower, and now they don’t have a goalie. The Central took the two wild card spots last year, and neither Dallas nor Nashville look like they’re primed to regress much. It’s not unreasonable to think that Vegas could miss again. Especially if Eichel or Stone go down, and both guys have fought a myriad of injuries recently (it sucks cuz Stone is still one of my favourite players, but his back issues are horrendous).
MatthewsFan, yikes and Tintin liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:41 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: SevenLeg

I swear if they get Bedard...

Cursed

zk97 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:44 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Jack Eichel might beat Jeff Skinner's 853 GP without a single playoff game.
csick, AndrewLadd, yikes and 8 others liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:49 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Alfie11
Is it that weak though? Calgary is still fairly strong (Tkachuk for Weegar just means we become a more low event team, but we shouldn’t allow many goals), Edmonton still has 2 of the best players in the world, and the Kings made the playoffs last year then added Fiala. Vegas keeps losing depth as well as starpower, and now they don’t have a goalie. The Central took the two wild card spots last year, and neither Dallas nor Nashville look like they’re primed to regress much. It’s not unreasonable to think that Vegas could miss again. Especially if Eichel or Stone go down, and both guys have fought a myriad of injuries recently (it sucks cuz Stone is still one of my favourite players, but his back issues are horrendous).

It's definitely the weakest. Before Lehner's injury I would've put Vegas as #3 behind the Alberta teams, but now I think they're in a fight with LA and Vancouver for that last spot.
yikes liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:52 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

I swear if they get Bedard...

The Patches trade is getting worse and worse as imagine if VGK kept him and put both guys on LTIR then used the LTIR spend above limit. They could have brought in so many guys on 1 year deals so that they could get to the limit and maximize LTIR space. So that in the playoffs when there is no cap probs would be a team more than 10mill over the cap lul

Missed opportunity
AndrewLadd, PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:56 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: aadoyle
The Patches trade is getting worse and worse as imagine if VGK kept him and put both guys on LTIR then used the LTIR spend above limit. They could have brought in so many guys on 1 year deals so that they could get to the limit and maximize LTIR space. So that in the playoffs when there is no cap probs would be a team more than 10mill over the cap lul

Missed opportunity

If they didn't trade Patches, it's likely he would've still been healthy, which means they could've traded him for value.

Once again, Vegas is demonstrating flawless asset management.
yikes liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:58 p.m.
It's definitely the weakest. Before Lehner's injury I would've put Vegas as #3 behind the Alberta teams, but now I think they're in a fight with LA and Vancouver for that last spot.

I mean Anaheim sucks (although at least they’ve got exciting youth) and San Jose probably will be mediocre too. But Seattle, Vancouver, and LA all improved, while the Alberta teams stayed strong. I’d say the Metro is more min-maxed. You’ve got the 4 playoff teams who are solid, but I think Columbus, New Jersey, and especially Philadelphia are all bottom 10 teams. And NYI seems determined to implode with all these Kadri rumours and incessantly keeping around/overplaying old dudes that sucked 3 years ago. And even in the Central, Arizona and Chicago are free wins this year, I would be shocked if any fewer than 28 teams finished ahead of both.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:59 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Canesfan21_

Quoting: MatthewsFan

I’m a big fan of Thompson. He really performed last year and was doing some great work trying to drag Vegas to the finish line. He’s fresh but I think he could be a similar 1B type starter to a few others in the league. As you said MatthewsFan, it’s a big ask but the guy ain’t a stretch to provide 20 quality starts at least.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:08 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Alfie11
I mean Anaheim sucks (although at least they’ve got exciting youth) and San Jose probably will be mediocre too. But Seattle, Vancouver, and LA all improved, while the Alberta teams stayed strong. I’d say the Metro is more min-maxed. You’ve got the 4 playoff teams who are solid, but I think Columbus, New Jersey, and especially Philadelphia are all bottom 10 teams. And NYI seems determined to implode with all these Kadri rumours and incessantly keeping around/overplaying old dudes that sucked 3 years ago. And even in the Central, Arizona and Chicago are free wins this year, I would be shocked if any fewer than 28 teams finished ahead of both.

Eh, personally I think the Devils and Blue Jackets look better than they did last season, and none of the four playoff teams really regressed. Only Philadelphia looks like a complete mess. NJD and CBJ may not be playoff teams but I doubt they're obvious bottom feeders.

We'll see when the season actually starts since usually predictions get tossed out the window very quickly, but right now I'd still say the least competitive division is the Pacific.
yikes, Tintin and Devil liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:13 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: yikes
I’m a big fan of Thompson. He really performed last year and was doing some great work trying to drag Vegas to the finish line. He’s fresh but I think he could be a similar 1B type starter to a few others in the league. As you said MatthewsFan, it’s a big ask but the guy ain’t a stretch to provide 20 quality starts at least.

Both guys would be good for about 20-25 starts, which is going to be a problem down the stretch.

Wouldn't be shocked if the plan is to start the season with a Brossiot/Thompson tandem and see if they need to trade closer to the deadline.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:13 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Eh, personally I think the Devils and Blue Jackets look better than they did last season, and none of the four playoff teams really regressed. Only Philadelphia looks like a complete mess. NJD and CBJ may not be playoff teams but I doubt they're obvious bottom feeders.

We'll see when the season actually starts since usually predictions get tossed out the window very quickly, but right now I'd still say the least competitive division is the Pacific.

Pacific is the weakest on paper easily but the Sharks, Seattle and Anaheim could all have better years (or worse lol). The East is far better than pacific and a few Central teams could implode; the Jets namely and we know Arizona and Chicago are tanking. The East and West were closer to equal than people will admit last year but this year the gap will be more evident imo.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:14 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Both guys would be good for about 20-25 starts, which is going to be a problem down the stretch.

Wouldn't be shocked if the plan is to start the season with a Brossiot/Thompson tandem and see if they need to trade closer to the deadline.

If SJS and VGK will meet for trade VGK sure seems like a perfect fit with Reimer if he’s hot again.

No term, 1m aav (50%) and needs a 1A/B which Thompson could be.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:16 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: yikes
Pacific is the weakest on paper easily but the Sharks, Seattle and Anaheim could all have better years (or worse lol). The East is far better than pacific and a few Central teams could implode; the Jets namely and we know Arizona and Chicago are tanking. The East and West were closer to equal than people will admit last year but this year the gap will be more evident imo.

The Jets imploding would make me giddy, however that would put them closer to Bedard, which would not make me giddy.
yikes liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:20 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
The Jets imploding would make me giddy, however that would put them closer to Bedard, which would not make me giddy.

Problem with Bedard and WPG is they have a guy named Connor Hellybuyck who prevents that

Now if they trade him along with Scheiefle, PLD, Wheeler, etc by the TDL then yes it could happen
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:24 p.m.
Farewell
Question: With Lehner out for the year, what are the chances VGK trade for Varlamov (possibly also Bailey/Beauvillier) from the Isles (especially if the Isles get Kadri)? And what would Vegas have to give up?
Saskleaf, HockeyScotty, BuFfaLOFaN and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:37 p.m.

Czechia was jealous that Slovakia had a really good defenseman named Nemec, so they brought TWO defensemen named Nemec to combine them into a Super-Nemec. Now that Simon Nemec isn’t playing though, they have no idea what to do.
Devil, zk97 and Remus liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:47 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle

Missed opportunity

I don't think a team can properly deal with so much money on LTIR.

Hughes traded Weber when he could because he feared having Price + Weber + Byron + Drouin all on LTIR.

VGK with Patch would have Weber + Patrick + Lehner + Patch. That's 21m on LTIR
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:48 p.m.
VGK’s page on here no longer has a goaltenders section 💀💀💀
yikes, Tintin, SevenLeg and 2 others liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:50 p.m.
What in tarnation
Jack Eichel might beat Jeff Skinner's 853 GP without a single playoff game.

Don't throw Risto out of the equation.

Dude actually got traded to a worse team from freaking Buffalo
PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, Tintin, SevenLeg and 4 others liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll