SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #11 - Will Lamoriello ever announce Kadri's signing?

Aug. 12, 2022 at 4:02 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: HockeyScotty
I'm sure they would. But if I'm Vegas I would put the pressure on them

And in the end it worked poorly for Montreal. A team like Vegas, who is in cap troubles for the past couple of teams shouldn’t play risk taker with anyone.

Theodore’s contract finishes at the same time as Benn’s…
zk97 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 4:06 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
And in the end it worked poorly for Montreal. A team like Vegas, who is in cap troubles for the past couple of teams shouldn’t play risk taker with anyone.

On the bright side for Vegas, they don’t have any young players good enough to worry about losing to an offer sheet
Aug. 12, 2022 at 4:07 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Alfie11
On the bright side for Vegas, they don’t have any young players good enough to worry about losing to an offer sheet

Yeah, that’s why I added the last part lol.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 4:55 p.m.

Oh I get it, but Vegas is already personal non grata in GM circles.

I hate them but don't care much for Dallas either. As an Avs fan just would love the theater of it all. 🍿
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
Dallas would move Faksa, Suter and Dobby to free up room to match an OS, I’m pretty sure they’re ready for anything to come their way.

Stars just like to under value young guys and overpay the old guys, at the end of the offseason, they’ll come to an agreement.

Think about the pressure Kelly McKrimmon is already under. If they miss the playoffs does he survive the year?
Aug. 12, 2022 at 5:06 p.m.
Jinx god
Think about the pressure Kelly McKrimmon is already under. If they miss the playoffs does he survive the year?

He shouldn’t to begin with, and failing again wouldn’t help his cause.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 5:08 p.m.

No doubt. So let him go out on a limb. If it doesn't work then he falls on the sword
Aug. 12, 2022 at 5:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 12, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.

In general VGK GM should have been fired the moment they missed the playoffs

As you dont trade for Eichel then miss

And as we just saw how does he start his offseason dumping a 30 goal scorer and getting nothing back

To me this shows ownership has put to much faith into him and thats concerning for the future of that franchise
Aug. 12, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle

And as we just saw how does he start his offseason dumping a 30 goal scorer and getting nothing back

To me this shows ownership has put to much faith into him and thats concerning for the future of that franchise

He should have been fired after giving Pietro that albatross contract. Vegas didn’t need another defenseman, they needed forwards who can finish
zk97 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 8:37 p.m.
retired

i completely agree, its just funny seeing leafs fans call for the head of another gm due to poor results.

mccrimmon for dubas 1 for 1.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 8:44 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: DirtyDangle
i completely agree, its just funny seeing leafs fans call for the head of another gm due to poor results.

That’s just asking for Nylander to be shipped off for future considerations
aadoyle and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 9:18 p.m.
Quoting: Db1899
He should have been fired after giving Pietro that albatross contract. Vegas didn’t need another defenseman, they needed forwards who can finish

I think the problem with Vegas is they don’t have that true fanbase, we’ve seen it by them not being held accountable for playing bad and always going all in, Vegas being competitive is what gets the fans in, like Florida and AZ ( both teams that have had attendance problems when they were trash and good attendance when the team looks good )
Aug. 12, 2022 at 9:33 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 12, 2022 at 9:41 p.m.

Thats trading a good GM in the making for a GM arguably worse than Benning

As man giving away a 30 goal scorer for free demonstrates a lack of competence heck throwing in a future top 4 RD with him to make it happen like the **** was that

But in general for Toronto it doesnt matter whose the GM what matters is the results. As if Sakic or Yzerman were GM and the team wasnt performing well despite their pedigrees the fanbase would want there heads. As like we saw in Tampa. Remember Yzerman's final year there was basically a meme. Fanbase was a volcano ready to erupt and demanded he go. He leaves (lets be real he didnt leave they probs fire him as record season + sweep by CBJ not good) and then we know the rest. All that despite him building the team that other teams try to replicate via good drafting and development. So in the end a GM can build a good team but from there the players need to start pitching their worth otherwise you get no where.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 9:34 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Juiceman
That’s just asking for Nylander to be shipped off for future considerations

And we just started seeing less of Nylander + Trade in the local media
Juiceman and zk97 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 9:50 p.m.
retired
Thats trading a good GM in the making for a GM arguably worse than Benning

As man giving away a 30 goal scorer for free demonstrates a lack of competence heck throwing in a future top 4 RD with him to make it happen like the **** was that

But in general for Toronto it doesnt matter whose the GM what matters is the results. As if Sakic or Yzerman were GM and the team wasnt performing well despite their pedigrees the fanbase would want there heads. As like we saw in Tampa. Remember Yzerman's final year there was basically a meme. Fanbase was a volcano ready to erupt and demanded he go. He leaves (lets be real he didnt leave they probs fire him as record season + sweep by CBJ not good) and then we know the rest. All that despite him building the team that other teams try to replicate via good drafting and development. So in the end a GM can build a good team but from there the players need to start pitching their worth otherwise you get no where.

keep in mind there were 30 other gms that couldn't beat carolinas offer.

i dont think that's fair to say about sakic. sakic builds a better team imo. fair criticism for yzerman, he couldn't get it done in tampa. brisebois doesn't get nearly enough credit.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 11:20 p.m.
HabsFanSinceThe60s
Last week some users were talking about the greatest alumni of all franchises and I wrote a very long post about the Habs. Someone mentioned making an ACGM of all time Habs. Here it is: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/630433
Juiceman and Tintin liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 11:42 p.m.
keep in mind there were 30 other gms that couldn't beat carolinas offer.

i dont think that's fair to say about sakic. sakic builds a better team imo. fair criticism for yzerman, he couldn't get it done in tampa. brisebois doesn't get nearly enough credit.

I mean it’s not really that 30 other teams couldn’t beat Carolina’s offer. The criteria you had to meet were 1.) have 7mil cap space, which eliminates like 20 teams, and 2.) be a contender next year, because that’s the only kind of team that would want a 33yo (or whatever) rental, and that eliminates pretty much everyone else. There wasn’t really any competition for Pacioretty.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 12:24 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
I mean it’s not really that 30 other teams couldn’t beat Carolina’s offer. The criteria you had to meet were 1.) have 7mil cap space, which eliminates like 20 teams, and 2.) be a contender next year, because that’s the only kind of team that would want a 33yo (or whatever) rental, and that eliminates pretty much everyone else. There wasn’t really any competition for Pacioretty.

Pacioretty had a 10 team no NTC. So basically it was what contending team has 7M in cap space and needs a top 6 winger.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 1:26 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Predicting where NHL remaining free agents will land

Nazem Kadri - NYI
Paul Statsny - COL
Phil Kessel - EDM
Evan Rodrigues - MIN
Sonny Milano - VGK
PK Subban - FLA
justaBoss, AndrewLadd and zk97 liked this.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 5:34 a.m.
retired

well yea, this is why the trade was what it was.

i dont understand the logic of ****ting on vegas for that trade when 30 other gm's couldn't offer anything better.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 9:35 a.m.
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Kyle Dubas is smarter than Albert Einstein according to his cult on ACGMs
DirtyDangle, Juiceman and Sklikly liked this.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
well yea, this is why the trade was what it was.

i dont understand the logic of ****ting on vegas for that trade when 30 other gm's couldn't offer anything better.

I think people are just using that as a symptom of a bigger problem. The fact that they put themselves in that situation in the first place.
Tintin and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 11:04 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I think the problem with Vegas is they don’t have that true fanbase, we’ve seen it by them not being held accountable for playing bad and always going all in, Vegas being competitive is what gets the fans in, like Florida and AZ ( both teams that have had attendance problems when they were trash and good attendance when the team looks good )

I recall a very extensive article when they were forming the team that described their entire approach to marketing for "fans" was to essentially make it part of the destination experience for the tourists coming to Vegas; the majority of their season ticket sales (in addition to the corporate suites) was to hotel/gaming companies that would use them as part of their packages. I'm not sure how that has played out since they arrived since there is a large segment of "locals"; but if that is their DNA from the beginning it explains much about their lack of loyalties to players, fan favorites, and in general a very "transactional" basis for player acquisition, lack of true player development, etc.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 1:39 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Devil
Predicting where NHL remaining free agents will land

Nazem Kadri - NYI
Paul Statsny - COL
Phil Kessel - EDM
Evan Rodrigues - MIN
Sonny Milano - VGK
PK Subban - FLA

Kadri = NYI
Stastny = VGK (They can spend 12mill over the cap so go solidify the forward core)
Kessel = VGK (Same as above)
Milano = WJ
Subban = SK
Rodrigues = MW
Aug. 13, 2022 at 2:21 p.m.
Arizona is going to have a great top 6 in a few years.

Keller-Bedard-Guenther
Hayton-Cooley-Schmaltz
zk97, csick and Remus liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll