SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #11 - Will Lamoriello ever announce Kadri's signing?

Aug. 24, 2022 at 9:16 a.m.
me wan da poonani
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
What I find hilarious is how he says Frost, Attard, and Cates are graduates and doesn't list them yet Farabee is listed on the rankings and he's been in the NHL the last 2 years. And Attard hasn't graduated he just played at the end of last season because we were terrible he more than likely is with the Phantoms to start the year.

His inclusions are purely aged based, if you’re 22 or younger at September 15th you’re included in his rankings.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 9:17 a.m.
Quoting: Devil
NHL Question of the Day

Create the best NHL Franchise

Fans - Toronto, loyal asf even after 55 years of dissapointment and emotional damage.
History - Montreal
Coaching - Tampa Bay
Management - Colorado
City - Los Angeles
Arena - Rogers Arena (Edmonton)
Logo - London Knights (or Hartford if I can only stick to NHL)
Jersey - Again, London Knights.
Offense - Carolina
Defense - Colorado
Goaltending - Tampa Bay
Future - Ottawa
Mascot - Gritty
Aug. 24, 2022 at 9:17 a.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
I wonder if he actually watches the game or just makes assumptions based off headlines. The guy, with the Caps for example, gushes on about Miroschnichenko's skill and at the very end goes, "oh but he had Lymphoma earlier though so that means he'll be a middle of the lineup guy" even though his rankings for shot and compete and skating and everything else easily translate to a top of the lineup player. Also Having teams like Chicago at the same area as teams like Columbus is just hilarious.

Miroshnichenko is the definition of a boom or bust prospect, he has the shot but man his passing, defense and vision suck
ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR and csick liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 9:21 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Miroshnichenko is the definition of a boom or bust prospect, he has the shot but man his passing, defense and vision suck

My point is that he should have just said that and it would have made far more sense. I would just say that its jarring to read when Pronman mentions none of this, instead opting to end his article with the cancer argument. It seems he wants to reach a conclusion on many prospects no matter how the "averages" he gives, and I'd rather him explain why instead of just throwing in his true opinion at the very end with no real explanation.
csick liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.
Jinx god

csick and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 9:50 a.m.
Alex Bump Truther
Quoting: EsoYeezus69

I think one of Martin and Clutterbuck will be out the door so Bellows can slide in. Overall I don't think the Lineup is that bad but it will be hard to compete with the Metro.
zk97 and csick liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 10:16 a.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
So there is only one big name left in FA

Kessel

As for a depth departure news

Its been sadly confirmed Johan Larsson is indeed going to the SHL along with Dahlen (Still a bit skeptical on Dahlen but give it a week to confirm)

Still surprised nobody gave either a PTO.

Seems like he could have waited another week or so since Kadri-Stastny just barely signed their deals; the trickle down should have seen him get offers soon.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 10:20 a.m.

I thought Pageau-Palmieri chemistry was pretty locked in on the 3rd line; which also opens up a spot in the top 6 for Wahlstrom (probably alongside Barzal).
Aug. 24, 2022 at 10:42 a.m.
Quoting: Db1899
Corey Pronmans player evaluations are wild. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had Connor Mcdavid as an average NHL skater

Quoting: yikes
Yeah after reading the Sharks portion (ranked 22) I was a bit underwhelmed to continue reading the rest.

Literally he did not even count Gushchin as a top 10 Sharks prospect (which he by far is) because of his size.

His exact words were he didn’t know if Gushchins talent was elite enough to make up for his size.

So you’re not ranking one of our most talented prospects - and easily top 5 for me, because of the guys size…

Quoting: NoVaSpartan
I wonder if he actually watches the game or just makes assumptions based off headlines. The guy, with the Caps for example, gushes on about Miroschnichenko's skill and at the very end goes, "oh but he had Lymphoma earlier though so that means he'll be a middle of the lineup guy" even though his rankings for shot and compete and skating and everything else easily translate to a top of the lineup player. Also Having teams like Chicago at the same area as teams like Columbus is just hilarious.

Quoting: pinslack
IDK why he uses this kind of qualification ("NHL average", below/above average, etc.). It's so vague

It seems so inaccurate when he qualifies a player "Average" in everything, but yet this prospect is above an other one with High-end skills (see his LAK rankings where Byfield is just "Average" in everything to him, but remains #1).

edit : Also below you see Kupari also as "Average" in everything, but he's #5. What the hell is this skills qualification lmao

Go be elite or high end you have to have played NHL games it feels like. Like Kent Johnson has above- average puck skills? How is he not elite.

The whole entire thing makes 0 sense to me. He also only include shot on players if they are good or bad. He never does Shooting: Average.
Db1899, yikes and NoVaSpartan liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 10:57 a.m.
cautious optimism
Very slow day today, so i'll try to spark some conversation: Which fanbase here do you think has the highest like-to-post ratio?

Pure magintude of users has me thinking that the Leafs fans have the most likes over posts, but i feel like Columbus is up there towards the top. You probably have an idea why.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: Bobcat205
Very slow day today, so i'll try to spark some conversation: Which fanbase here do you think has the highest like-to-post ratio?

Pure magintude of users has me thinking Leafs, but i feel like Columbus is up there towards the top. You probably have an idea why.

i think CBJ and TOR are good guesses, but maybe MTL too because of magnitude (as well as SevenLeg and A_Habs_fan)
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:02 a.m.

I would be surprised if Martin is a regular this season. The guy can’t move.

I think Lane Lambert will be a little more creative with his lines. Maybe something like this:

Beauvillier-Barzal-Wahlstrom/Palmieri
Lee-Nelson -Palmieri/Wahlstrom
Bellows-Pageau-Bailey
Parise-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:05 a.m.
I think one of Martin and Clutterbuck will be out the door so Bellows can slide in. Overall I don't think the Lineup is that bad but it will be hard to compete with the Metro.

I think it will be Martin. How they construct the top 6 will determine if they make the playoffs. That top 6 as is will not be good enough. Bailey should also not be on a top 6 line
ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR and zk97 liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:06 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: pinslack
IDK why he uses this kind of qualification ("NHL average", below/above average, etc.). It's so vague

It seems so inaccurate when he qualifies a player "Average" in everything, but yet this prospect is above an other one with High-end skills (see his LAK rankings where Byfield is just "Average" in everything to him, but remains #1).

edit : Also below you see Kupari also as "Average" in everything, but he's #5. What the hell is this skills qualification lmao

Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Go be elite or high end you have to have played NHL games it feels like. Like Kent Johnson has above- average puck skills? How is he not elite.

The whole entire thing makes 0 sense to me. He also only include shot on players if they are good or bad. He never does Shooting: Average.

The vagueness is a huge issue imo - and the way it’s displayed is so poor with very little explanation; I know he’ll give more effort to the top teams probably but the fact he literally complimented Gushchin on being elite yet not “enough“ to warrant a ranking due to his size is so confusing. Because then as you guys pointed out you’ll see guys with average or below average ratings ahead. Even more he rates Eklund High end in skating and nhl average in puck skills yet Eklund has displayed the ability to control the puck in unison with his skating at high speeds or in creative/ difficult situations. To me that should equal a higher puck rating just from what I’ve watched as it isn’t average talent. And then he’ll give Eklund BELOW nhl average Shot, won’t rate Ryan Merkleys shot at all; and then just below Merkley, Havelids has better ratings across the board and while Merkley has a High End IQ rating, Havelids gets the shot rating (Merkley has 4 ratings Havelids has 5) - and ranks Havelids as High End.

It’s just a mess, and confusing and lacks actual clarity. As imo and many experts who’s are smarter/ more credited than myself; he fails to rank Gushchin AT ALL due to size, he doesn’t rank Laroque, and his system or explanations are chaotic and don’t give much insight or form to the system.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:12 a.m.
Speak of the Devil

Terrible cover
zk97, pinslack, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.

Terrible cover

People wise the cover’s good but the palm trees look weird and it’s like a weird blue shade of a background
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:17 a.m.
Alex Bump Truther

Terrible cover

Yea this is bad there not even wearing Hockey Equipment
Devil, IconicHawk and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:30 a.m.
Yea this is bad there not even wearing Hockey Equipment

can’t teach that flow tho, best piece of equipment there is
ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR, zk97, Devil and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:34 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM

Terrible cover

players = good
background = summer = ice melted from hockey = bad
EsoYeezus69, Devil and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:34 a.m.
cautious optimism

Terrible cover

I just had a thought

what if they put a coach on the cover of Chel? It's not something they've done before, and i wonder what EA/the voters would choose.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:35 a.m.
Alex Bump Truther
Valid but JFresh puts it best
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:35 a.m.
Alex Bump Truther

BuFfaLOFaN, Devil, zk97 and 2 others liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: yikes
The vagueness is a huge issue imo - and the way it’s displayed is so poor with very little explanation; I know he’ll give more effort to the top teams probably but the fact he literally complimented Gushchin on being elite yet not “enough“ to warrant a ranking due to his size is so confusing. Because then as you guys pointed out you’ll see guys with average or below average ratings ahead. Even more he rates Eklund High end in skating and nhl average in puck skills yet Eklund has displayed the ability to control the puck in unison with his skating at high speeds or in creative/ difficult situations. To me that should equal a higher puck rating just from what I’ve watched as it isn’t average talent. And then he’ll give Eklund BELOW nhl average Shot, won’t rate Ryan Merkleys shot at all; and then just below Merkley, Havelids has better ratings across the board and while Merkley has a High End IQ rating, Havelids gets the shot rating (Merkley has 4 ratings Havelids has 5) - and ranks Havelids as High End.

It’s just a mess, and confusing and lacks actual clarity. As imo and many experts who’s are smarter/ more credited than myself; he fails to rank Gushchin AT ALL due to size, he doesn’t rank Laroque, and his system or explanations are chaotic and don’t give much insight or form to the system.

Yea the whole thing seems to be a massive mess to me. Really wish Dom and Wheeler would combine to do this list, cards for the NHLers and Wheeler for the prospect rankings. They are by far the better NHL writers.

What's is your prediction for the final 8?

Id go.

Sabres
NJ
Detroit
Wild
Ducks
Canadians
Senators
Hurricanes
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:38 a.m.
Alex Bump Truther
Quoting: csick
Anyone down to join espn fantasy league? Draft tomorrow at 4pm . Got some guys from here

Do you still need Players?
csick liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:42 a.m.
Jinx god

Terrible cover

There’s a sh*t load of players more deserving than Zegras, and I have absolutely no clue who that other person is.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll