Hope this creates some discourse
Aug. 10, 2022 at 10:12 a.m.
NoMoreJustin
I don’t see much of a debate here
Aug. 10, 2022 at 11:38 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: LloydminsterLarry
I don’t see much of a debate here

I don't think it's that open and shut. Personally I'm taking Boldy, but it's still pretty close.
Aug. 10, 2022 at 12:41 p.m.
NoMoreJustin
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
I don't think it's that open and shut. Personally I'm taking Boldy, but it's still pretty close.

I’m no expert on the kid admittedly but I wouldn’t even think about this one based on what I’ve seen from Svechnikov
Aug. 10, 2022 at 12:43 p.m.
Banned
I’m no expert on the kid admittedly but I wouldn’t even think about this one based on what I’ve seen from Svechnikov

Boldy is a stud. They're similar in age, but what Boldy has in his first year is far over what Svechnikov did in his first year. Again though, as of right now they're similar in terms of production.
Aug. 10, 2022 at 12:48 p.m.
NoMoreJustin
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
Boldy is a stud. They're similar in age, but what Boldy has in his first year is far over what Svechnikov did in his first year. Again though, as of right now they're similar in terms of production.

I forgot he was a rookie. That worried me more. How many times have we seen a hot rookie year turn into a bang average player? He might end up being better and he might end up sliding down into a hole of many former kids who got Calder votes and then were forgotten. Svech just potted 30 goals. I’ll take what’s proven over what’s not
Aug. 10, 2022 at 12:51 p.m.
Banned
I forgot he was a rookie. That worried me more. How many times have we seen a hot rookie year turn into a bang average player? He might end up being better and he might end up sliding down into a hole of many former kids who got Calder votes and then were forgotten. Svech just potted 30 goals. I’ll take what’s proven over what’s not

Boldy has high pedigree though. He was a 12th overall. It's not like he came out of nowhere. Again, I'm not saying he's definitely better. I'm saying this isn't cut and dry. There's definitely an argument for both.
Aug. 10, 2022 at 1:18 p.m.
Below Market Value
Boldy has only played about a half of a season, so it's fair to be cautious, but he did look reeeally good in those games. When comparing rookie years, it's not an exactly congruent comparison as Svechnikov was two years younger than Boldy and played with generally less-skilled players (Martinook and Wallmark vs. Fiala and Gaudreau, their most common linemates).

Personally, I would take Svechnikov simply because I like what he's shown over four seasons; but Boldy is still very good and could easily end up the better player.
Aug. 10, 2022 at 3:20 p.m.
Svechnikov, he’s just showed that he’s an elite player, we’ve seen flashes from Boldy but he’s not proven like Svechnikov is
Aug. 10, 2022 at 6:43 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Svechnikov, he’s just showed that he’s an elite player, we’ve seen flashes from Boldy but he’s not proven like Svechnikov is

Again, like another guy pointed out, I don't think the debate is as cut and dry as one might initially think. That's why I put this poll up in the first place
Aug. 10, 2022 at 11:14 p.m.
Need to see Boldy’s Michigan first
Knuckl3s liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit