Noah Dobson or Moritz Seider

Choice of prized commodity?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 14, 2022 at 12:28 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: DirtyDangle
since when is 3 years experience irreverent

What's funny is he's never admitted to being a NYI fan which all of us know he likely is.
Aug. 14, 2022 at 8:39 a.m.
retired
Quoting: Db1899
because it didn't give Dobson an advantage.

experience is an advantage
Mr_Gardoki, A_Habs_fan and Tintin liked this.
Aug. 14, 2022 at 11:50 a.m.
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
You answer literally makes no sense. Why would I have bias towards either player?

It definitely does make sense. You think Seider is more well rounded for whatever reason and you went and cherry picked stats that back up your opinion. Those were outdated and the updated stats show you are wrong.
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 14, 2022 at 11:52 a.m.
What's funny is he's never admitted to being a NYI fan which all of us know he likely is.

I said earlier in the thread that I would take Seider over Dobson. The only that is a fact in this thread is that Seider is not miles ahead of Dobson. I’ve proven you wrong several times.
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 14, 2022 at 11:56 a.m.
experience is an advantage

If anything that “experience” hurt Dobson’s development. He was playing his offside with AHL caliber defenseman, little PP time. Coming into the league and immediately being put in a position to succeed like Seider is more of an advantage. He had a great supporting cast and spent a ton of ice time with Larkin, Bertuzzi, and Raymond.
Aug. 14, 2022 at 12:01 p.m.
Banned
It definitely does make sense. You think Seider is more well rounded for whatever reason and you went and cherry picked stats that back up your opinion. Those were outdated and the updated stats show you are wrong.

You said I'm biased and that doesn't make sense. Why would I have any bias? Back up your opinion.
Aug. 14, 2022 at 12:02 p.m.
Banned
I said earlier in the thread that I would take Seider over Dobson. The only that is a fact in this thread is that Seider is not miles ahead of Dobson. I’ve proven you wrong several times.

You literally haven't proven anyone wrong.
Aug. 14, 2022 at 1:04 p.m.
retired
If anything that “experience” hurt Dobson’s development. He was playing his offside with AHL caliber defenseman, little PP time. Coming into the league and immediately being put in a position to succeed like Seider is more of an advantage. He had a great supporting cast and spent a ton of ice time with Larkin, Bertuzzi, and Raymond.

how was dobson not in a position to succeed and how is his supporting cast not as good as seiders. the islanders were a final 4 team dobsons first 2 seasons. doesnt make sense
Aug. 14, 2022 at 11:18 p.m.
You said I'm biased and that doesn't make sense. Why would I have any bias? Back up your opinion.

You literally haven't proven anyone wrong.

It makes a lot of sense. You were searching for evidence that confirmed your belief that Seider is more well rounded. The stats were outdated but you still posted it because it supported your opinion,

I definitely have. Dobson overall was better than Seider last season , which is a fact. Therefore Seider can't be miles better at this point.
Aug. 14, 2022 at 11:25 p.m.
how was dobson not in a position to succeed and how is his supporting cast not as good as seiders. the islanders were a final 4 team dobsons first 2 seasons. doesnt make sense

Dobson only played in his first season because of injuries, the isles thought he was too good for juniors and he was ineligible to play in the AHL. They told him he was basically the 8th defenseman. Dobson played 34 games on his offside as a rookie with arguably the worst defenseman in the NHL that season (Johnny Boychuk). He would go weeks without playing games , how is that an advantage?

Seider spent most of his ice time with Larkin/Raymond/Bertuzzi and got to run PP1. He was put in a position to succeed from day 1.
Aug. 15, 2022 at 9:12 a.m.
Banned
It makes a lot of sense. You were searching for evidence that confirmed your belief that Seider is more well rounded. The stats were outdated but you still posted it because it supported your opinion,

I definitely have. Dobson overall was better than Seider last season , which is a fact. Therefore Seider can't be miles better at this point.

Because I've seen both players play and thinking one is better, I have bias? That is the weirdest argument ever because you're basically saying YOU have bias, too. That basically anyone with a position in a discussion has bias. I love seeing your argument crumble by itself without any help from anyone.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit