Forums/NHL

Noah Dobson or Moritz Seider

Choice of prized commodity?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 13, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
I don't take this as seriously as you do. I don't feel I necessarily own anyone here the time and research to prove my points. If it's readily available, sure I'll post it, but I do have a life outside this board lol

I just happen to be under the weather today.

Okay, suite yourself
Aug. 13, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
Dobson has been in the league for three seasons and Seider for one. Seider is certainly ahead of where Dobson was even though they're only a year apart age-wise. Seider can bring same production while playing a much more sound defensive game and a MUCH more physical game.

https://twitter.com/IlyaMikheyevBBY/status/1500618546111516674

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1455584328965107713

Seider had a higher QOT last season and Dobson was still better by a bit. Dobson was also much better on the PK, if you want to talk about well rounded.

Will Seider be better than Dobson? Maybe, but to act like he’s already miles better is false
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.
I'll stand by it. Seider is more well-rounded. While I don't think physical play is must, being able to play how he does while playing a physically punishing game puts him in another class.

You posted outdated charts to try to prove a point, then the updated charts didn’t push Your narrative so you still stand by what you said lol
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.
I'll stand by it. Seider is more well-rounded. While I don't think physical play is must, being able to play how he does while playing a physically punishing game puts him in another class.

Oh I agree, Id take Seider too
Mr_Gardoki and Tintin liked this.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 5:41 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Db1899
Seider had a higher QOT last season and Dobson was still better by a bit. Dobson was also much better on the PK, if you want to talk about well rounded.

Will Seider be better than Dobson? Maybe, but to act like he’s already miles better is false

He's already better and my guess is you're an Islander fan. He's ahead of what Dobson was. He's better defensively.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.
Banned
You posted outdated charts to try to prove a point, then the updated charts didn’t push Your narrative so you still stand by what you said lol

It's all I could find in a pinch. Again, I don't care enough to go digging.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 5:50 p.m.
Dave Keon Fan

He just won the Calder trophy by a larger margin than Makar did. He is better right now and that’s saying something given he is the younger player between the two.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 5:59 p.m.
He's already better and my guess is you're an Islander fan. He's ahead of what Dobson was. He's better defensively.

If you want to talk facts, Seider is not better than Dobson right now. The same charts you pulled up show that Dobson was better last season. I don’t know what being an islander fan has to do with it, I already said I would take Seider over him, but the difference throughout their careers won’t be much. Dobson is already a #1 defenseman.

You clearly did care enough to go digging lol you just don’t want to acknowledge the numbers anymore because they didn’t support your OPINION.

Seider was better than Dobson defensively at even strength, Dobson was significantly better on the PK and he was also better at finishing, penalty differential and overall offensive impact.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:01 p.m.
Quoting: ReginaSask
He just won the Calder trophy by a larger margin than Makar did. He is better right now and that’s saying something given he is the younger player between the two.

Dobson had a better year than seider last season, Dobson is only a year older and Seider played with much better players last season.

There is literally nothing to prove that Seider was better than Dobson last season.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:06 p.m.

the only point I'm challenging is that Seider is miles better than Dobson , which is just not true, As you can see , Seider was better defensively at even strength. That's it. Dobson expected even strength offense, short handed D, penalty differential , PP offense were all much better.

<a href=Screen-Shot-2022-08-13-at-6-05-04-PM">
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:15 p.m.
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Dobson had a better year than seider last season, Dobson is only a year older and Seider played with much better players last season.

There is literally nothing to prove that Seider was better than Dobson last season.

That might be the most bias thing I’ve read on here in ages and that’s saying something
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:17 p.m.
Quoting: DougieGilmour
That might be the most bias thing I’ve read on here in ages and that’s saying something

what's biased about it? I'm still waiting for someone to provide facts that Seider was significantly better than Dobson last season.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:20 p.m.
TheLeafsAbuseMe
what's biased about it? I'm still waiting for someone to provide facts that Seider was significantly better than Dobson last season.

You made up a scenario to try to defend your player. I haven’t seen anyone say Dobson isn’t a very good young defenceman. You’re comparing Dobson in his 3rd season to a rookie. That’s incredibly disingenuous.
Mr_Gardoki and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:24 p.m.
You made up a scenario to try to defend your player. I haven’t seen anyone say Dobson isn’t a very good young defenceman. You’re comparing Dobson in his 3rd season to a rookie. That’s incredibly disingenuous.

I didn't make up any scenarios. This is a thread comparing the two. Dobson is 1 year older , Seider being a rookie is irrelevant. If anything , Seider had an advantage over Dobson because he had a much better supporting cast.

I don't mind being proven wrong, someone give me the facts as to what aspects of the game was Seider significantly better than Dobson last season.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:29 p.m.
Banned

You're clearly and Islanders fan.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:29 p.m.
Banned
the only point I'm challenging is that Seider is miles better than Dobson , which is just not true, As you can see , Seider was better defensively at even strength. That's it. Dobson expected even strength offense, short handed D, penalty differential , PP offense were all much better.

<a href=Screen-Shot-2022-08-13-at-6-05-04-PM">

He's been in the league for three years. Seider is miles ahead of where Dobson was when he first came in. So yeah, I'd say he's miles better.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
Banned

100%
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:32 p.m.
He's been in the league for three years. Seider is miles ahead of where Dobson was when he first came in. So yeah, I'd say he's miles better.

That's not how this works though - it's just confirmation bias on your part to try to push a narrative. Even you don't believe what you're saying because you posted charts from last season LOL.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:34 p.m.
Banned
That's not how this works though - it's just confirmation bias on your part to try to push a narrative. Even you don't believe what you're saying because you posted charts from last season LOL.

What bias could I possibly have?
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:40 p.m.
What bias could I possibly have?

you should probably go look up what confirmation. bias means.

My point stands (and it's correct) - the amount of time Dobson and Seider have been in the league is irrelevant. They are only a year a part and Dobson was the better defenseman last season with a worse supporting cast, therefore Seider can't be miles ahead.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 7:35 p.m.
retired

My point stands (and it's correct) - the amount of time Dobson and Seider have been in the league is irrelevant. They are only a year a part and Dobson was the better defenseman last season with a worse supporting cast, therefore Seider can't be miles ahead.

since when is 3 years experience irreverent
Aug. 13, 2022 at 9:17 p.m.
NoMoreJustin
I’m late to this fun party but as someone who spends far too much time looking at my former playing position I want to correct two things I’ve seen in this thread and that’s age and seasons. Neither of those are important in the least with these two players. If we were comparing one of these kids to a guy who is an established veteran then you can talk about the age gap and seasons. What matters with young defenceman even more so than forwards are the numbers of games. Dobson has basically played two full seasons at 160 games. Mo Seider has one 82 game season under his belt. Neither one of them have seen enough time on NHL ice to be anywhere close to a finished product. You need a good 300 plus games to get a real good idea of what kind of defenceman you have. While I can all but guarantee you both of these young guys will anchor a top RHD spot for years to come, I can’t say it with certainty like we can with Makar who is there now. I like Seider more like the polling shows but as a Canadian I see Dobson holding down a spot on Team Canada in a few years time. The only Canadian defenceman I’m higher on than Dobson right now is Clarke but again he has a lot to prove and is much further behind these two.
DougieGilmour liked this.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 9:33 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangle

because it didn't give Dobson an advantage.
Aug. 14, 2022 at 12:24 a.m.
Banned

You answer literally makes no sense. Why would I have bias towards either player?
Aug. 14, 2022 at 12:25 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: DirtyDangle

Only when those three years hurts your argument lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit