SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Why Canucks should draft Mittelstadt

May 21, 2017 at 1:41 a.m.
Van is in need of a legit first line centreman and he could potentially be the guy,
I don't know how to scout, so I looked at his league, the USHL, and I noticed that he was above point per game in his rookie season, and if you look at the past ppg rookies they usually turn out really good in the NHL but not always, so I tried to narrow it down even more, and I noticed that people over 6 feet (drafted at least Top 2 rounds) all become studs, it has happened only 5 times from 2005-2015 where a player gets ppg in their rookie season while being over 6ft. The players are Okposo, Pacioretty, Saad, Matthews, Boeser, and Mittelstadt, that is some pretty elite company
Jun. 5, 2017 at 5:38 a.m.
In the draft combine, Casey Mittelstadt did one 150lb bench press and zero pull-ups. Sam Bennett was a full year younger when he could not do a pull-up. NO THANK YOU.
Jun. 6, 2017 at 1:29 p.m.
Yeah a guy that can't do a pull up is a long way from NHL development. Maybe he'll be good but Glass and Vilardi are safer bets. Glass and Vilardi are putting up big numbers already in Junior and there seems to be no physical knock against them.
Jun. 7, 2017 at 2:53 a.m.
Quoting: ErikJohannsen
Yeah a guy that can't do a pull up is a long way from NHL development. Maybe he'll be good but Glass and Vilardi are safer bets. Glass and Vilardi are putting up big numbers already in Junior and there seems to be no physical knock against them.

One of them should be available at #5. Mittelstadt seems to be a riskier pick when there are better options. That said, I want Hischier. frown

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll