$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,820,000$4,820,000
C
UFA - 8
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
RFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,280,000$5,280,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
RD
RFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
Banned
wouldnt trade any of those pieces 1 for 1 most likely
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:24 p.m.
Quoting: vr1995
wouldnt trade any of those pieces 1 for 1 most likely

I don't see why. Skjei is undoubtedly the best defenseman of the 3. If Toronto can make the cap work, he is an upgrade. Now, the first might be a little much, but I definitely understand the logic here.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.
MTL won't be doing that

Quoting: Caniac2000
I don't see why. Skjei is undoubtedly the best defenseman of the 3. If Toronto can make the cap work, he is an upgrade. Now, the first might be a little much, but I definitely understand the logic here.

He's definitely the best of the 3 but the 1st is a tad much imo. It is an interesting trade framework though
fullblowncaniac90 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
MTL won't be doing that

He's definitely the best of the 3 but the 1st is a tad much imo. It is an interesting trade framework though

That's what I mean. Skjei is undoubtedly the best of the 3 so the fact some Leafs fans wouldn't trade any of those pieces 1 for 1 is puzzling.
Just_A_Guess liked this.
Banned

the first is too much but hes worth both of them? 2 good young d who would make less than him combined ? LOL
Banned
That's what I mean. Skjei is undoubtedly the best of the 3 so the fact some Leafs fans wouldn't trade any of those pieces 1 for 1 is puzzling.

theyre both younger and cheaper,
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:30 p.m.
Habs4Ever

I'm a Habs fans and I wouldnt trade any of those piece for Skjei, it's bad asset management
vr1995 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:30 p.m.
Banned
youll also need to pay to dump gardiner not get paid
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:38 p.m.
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
I'm a Habs fans and I wouldnt trade any of those piece for Skjei, it's bad asset management

theyre both younger and cheaper,

the first is too much but hes worth both of them? 2 good young d who would make less than him combined ? LOL

They're cheaper, but they're also worse. Skjei was on a top 3 analytical pairing in the NHL last year with Pesce. He plays top pairing minutes some night, but mostly top 4 on one of the best teams in the NHL for two guys that are younger sure... but Sandin's development seems to have stalled and Lilly's seemed to have done the same before Giordano arrived in Toronto. I don't understand this delusion. A solidified top 4 D man for a 22/23 year old that at this point looks like his ceiling is a similar version to what Skjei is being called bad asset management? LOL. That's pure delusion. I think one or the other +, I agree both is probably a little much. But if Toronto isn't going to trade one of these to get better blueline help, they're never going to win a playoff round.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:42 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Considering the Canes are highly unlikely to pull the trigger on that Skjei trade, it’s a moot point on value. I can’t see the Canes wanting to downgrade from Skjei that much just to get 2 relatively unproven defensemen, who are unlikely to provide more than what Skjei does for the Canes.
fullblowncaniac90 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:44 p.m.
TOR and MTL can't get this amount of cap back.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:46 p.m.
These make zero sense for Toronto and Montreal.
vr1995 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:47 p.m.
Banned
They're cheaper, but they're also worse. Skjei was on a top 3 analytical pairing in the NHL last year with Pesce. He plays top pairing minutes some night, but mostly top 4 on one of the best teams in the NHL for two guys that are younger sure... but Sandin's development seems to have stalled and Lilly's seemed to have done the same before Giordano arrived in Toronto. I don't understand this delusion. A solidified top 4 D man for a 22/23 year old that at this point looks like his ceiling is a similar version to what Skjei is being called bad asset management? LOL. That's pure delusion. I think one or the other +, I agree both is probably a little much. But if Toronto isn't going to trade one of these to get better blueline help, they're never going to win a playoff round.

thyre also younger and are at better points than skjei was at the same age, they have higher ceilings. seems to have stalled based on what? cause you said so? the leafs will have both of those guys in the lineup for less than the amount of skjei for the same amount of time skjei has left on his deal if not longer, skjei is the key to the leafs winning a round? now thats delusion my friend. if we are going to trade these guys, we can get better
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:50 p.m.
Think value is a bit too high in Canes favor on first trade. But I also don’t think it works for either team for various reasons. Canes shouldn’t take a chance on one of those guys being able to fill second pair as effectively as Skjei has and leafs can’t take extra cap back plus need young D.

Also Gardiner is a cap dump.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
thyre also younger and are at better points than skjei was at the same age, they have higher ceilings. seems to have stalled based on what? cause you said so? the leafs will have both of those guys in the lineup for less than the amount of skjei for the same amount of time skjei has left on his deal if not longer, skjei is the key to the leafs winning a round? now thats delusion my friend. if we are going to trade these guys, we can get better

Sandin isn't even an NHL regular at this point and he's already 22. You think he's got a higher ceiling than Skjei? That's delusion. Lilly might have the same ceiling, but neither have higher.

Seem to have stalled based on the fact Justin Holl gets into that Toronto lineup but one of these two doesn't. Based on the fact their developmental numbers are way down.

Skjei isn't the key per se, but blueline help is 100%. The husks of Giordano and Muzzin, AHL defenseman Justin Holl, and one-dimential Morgan Rielly are not going to win a round. Brodie is a stud defensively, but he alone isn't enough. They need blueline help, and that was evidenced again against Tampa.

At least one of the 2 defensemen would be needed to get Skjei. Skjei has actually won a series, and he's actually beaten Boston.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:02 p.m.
Banned
Sandin isn't even an NHL regular at this point and he's already 22. You think he's got a higher ceiling than Skjei? That's delusion. Lilly might have the same ceiling, but neither have higher.

Seem to have stalled based on the fact Justin Holl gets into that Toronto lineup but one of these two doesn't. Based on the fact their developmental numbers are way down.

Skjei isn't the key per se, but blueline help is 100%. The husks of Giordano and Muzzin, AHL defenseman Justin Holl, and one-dimential Morgan Rielly are not going to win a round. Brodie is a stud defensively, but he alone isn't enough. They need blueline help, and that was evidenced again against Tampa.

At least one of the 2 defensemen would be needed to get Skjei. Skjei has actually won a series, and he's actually beaten Boston.

not like he was hurt twice this year or anything lmao, they were better than skjei was at that age, they lost to tampa 2-1 in game 7, so they actually needed to score more, wasnt the d, the d has been the lazy answer for the leafs problems the last 2 years, they were a goal and a embelishment penalty away this year, once again a canes fan overrating a player, surprise, surprise. arent you the same guy who tried to tell me svech was better than marner? Brady Skjeis TEAMS have won rounds lol, and no cups which is all that matters
kster34 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:09 p.m.
This is such an insane overpay for Skjei. He's a good player, but there's no way the Leafs trade both of their young, cost-controlled NHL regular defensemen plus an additional 1st round pick for Skjei who already makes > $5mil and only has 2 years left. You're gutting the entire future of the defense for a non-need.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:15 p.m.
not like he was hurt twice this year or anything lmao, they were better than skjei was at that age, they lost to tampa 2-1 in game 7, so they actually needed to score more, wasnt the d, the d has been the lazy answer for the leafs problems the last 2 years, they were a goal and a embelishment penalty away this year, once again a canes fan overrating a player, surprise, surprise. arent you the same guy who tried to tell me svech was better than marner? Brady Skjeis TEAMS have won rounds lol, and no cups which is all that matters

You didn't seem to care when Bear was out during the playoffs because his ankle burst and he was suffering with Covid. I've seen you multple times call him a healthy scratch when that is blatantly wrong. So does this only apply to Toronto too? Shockingly, a leafs fan overrates their D men. I'm absolutely astounded by this delusion. Toronto were an embellishment call and a goal away from TYING game seven, not winning it. Think about that. They were still a long way away it seems. They got blown out in game 4 too, and had the score run up multiple times, so yes, they need more defensive help, as well as better goaltending. Their goaltending.... well... so the best thing they can do is to help the defense. Skjei's ceiling is higher than either Sandin and the same as Lillys and by the time Lilly hits that ceiling, Matthews will be a free agent. Skjei has won rounds. That is more than the leafs have done in the cap era.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:17 p.m.
Habs4Ever

They already have Reilly Brodie Muzzin Gio Sandin LHD, why should they acquire Skjei, another LHD ? When Muzzin is gone, Sandin will play in the top 4 on the 2LHD spot. When Holl is gone, the top 4 will be Reilly Brodie Sandin Liljegren
Leafs aren’t losing playoffs series because they are bad, they are losing because they are cursed. Against MTL, outside Galchenyuk Dermott turnovers, no one played bad for the Leafs. Against Tampa, outside Kerfoot one turnover, everyone played good. Toronto are just cursed.

Anyway, yes Skjei is better, but CAR shouldn’t be trading him in the circonstances and TOR aren’t in a position to trade two young cheap NHLer for 2 years at 5.25M of Skjei
Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:22 p.m.

Skjei-Pesce was not a top-3 analytics pair. Hell, Sandin-Liljegren was a better analytics pair than Skeji-anybody. Considering the cap and Toronto's needs, its illogical to argue that its NOT bad asset management given who else Toronto has at LD.
vr1995 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
They already have Reilly Brodie Muzzin Gio Sandin LHD, why should they acquire Skjei, another LHD ? When Muzzin is gone, Sandin will play in the top 4 on the 2LHD spot. When Holl is gone, the top 4 will be Reilly Brodie Sandin Liljegren
Leafs aren’t losing playoffs series because they are bad, they are losing because they are cursed. Against MTL, outside Galchenyuk Dermott turnovers, no one played bad for the Leafs. Against Tampa, outside Kerfoot one turnover, everyone played good. Toronto are just cursed.

Anyway, yes Skjei is better, but CAR shouldn’t be trading him in the circonstances and TOR aren’t in a position to trade two young cheap NHLer for 2 years at 5.25M of Skjei

So they're going to run a guy that is completely unproven at the NHL level in the top 4? That's very brave. Sandin can't even make the THIRD pair full time. He's suddenly playing in the top 4?

Toronto aren't going to separate Gio and Lilly, that makes Lilly completely useless. He was dynamic with Giordano. Splitting them up hurts that already shakey blueline.

As for the curse, no. They lay an egg in deciding games. That's a mental issue. So the best way around that is to win in 6 or fewer. Imagine Toronto do not get blown out in game 4, do you think Tampa's offense has the confidence it does for the rest of the series? Imagine Toronto's defense doesn't make dump spinorama turnovers, they beat Montreal. If they could have gotten out of their own zone against Columbus. or even held the 3 goal lead.

There's a world Carolina trade Skjei. Pesce can play both sides, and Bear proved he can play top 4 minutes last year before he had Covid. That's not the point here.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
Quoting: Burnout
Skjei-Pesce was not a top-3 analytics pair. Hell, Sandin-Liljegren was a better analytics pair than Skeji-anybody. Considering the cap and Toronto's needs, its illogical to argue that its NOT bad asset management given who else Toronto has at LD.

Uhh... yes it was. Skjei Pesce was a top 3 pairing in most things, top 5 in anything they're not top 3...

Getting an upgrade at LD is not bad asset management. Overpaying for it is. I've already said that the 1st and both defensemen is an overpayment. Before you try and argue this, please read what I've already said. I do not like repeating myself.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:33 p.m.
Banned
So they're going to run a guy that is completely unproven at the NHL level in the top 4? That's very brave. Sandin can't even make the THIRD pair full time. He's suddenly playing in the top 4?

Toronto aren't going to separate Gio and Lilly, that makes Lilly completely useless. He was dynamic with Giordano. Splitting them up hurts that already shakey blueline.

As for the curse, no. They lay an egg in deciding games. That's a mental issue. So the best way around that is to win in 6 or fewer. Imagine Toronto do not get blown out in game 4, do you think Tampa's offense has the confidence it does for the rest of the series? Imagine Toronto's defense doesn't make dump spinorama turnovers, they beat Montreal. If they could have gotten out of their own zone against Columbus. or even held the 3 goal lead.

There's a world Carolina trade Skjei. Pesce can play both sides, and Bear proved he can play top 4 minutes last year before he had Covid. That's not the point here.

FWRP0XtWAAEBT14.jpg:large

Useless LMFAO, delusional
Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
Uhh... yes it was. Skjei Pesce was a top 3 pairing in most things, top 5 in anything they're not top 3...

Getting an upgrade at LD is not bad asset management. Overpaying for it is. I've already said that the 1st and both defensemen is an overpayment. Before you try and argue this, please read what I've already said. I do not like repeating myself.

I literally just looked it up. Not only were they not top-3, they weren't the top Hurricanes D pair.

Skjei specifically is a beneficiary of who he plays with and how he's used. If Pesce was the guy in the trade it would be one thing, but Sandin is a better fit from a cost perspective and Liljegren is a better fit from both a cost perspective and position perspective. Skjei isn't better than Rielly, cannot fill the role of Muzzin or Giordano and isn't going to be more effective in Sandin's role. Its just dumb.

I'd love to see Toronto make that trade because I'm a Habs fan, but it would be terrible asset management.
vr1995 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
Quite the overpay for Skjei, not to mention the cap issues his salary would cause for TOR.

It’s going to cost more than a 4th to dump Gardiner, and he very likely has MTL on his no trade list.

I am intrigued by the potential acquisition of Sandin from TOR, but don’t really see a match in what CAR has to offer and what TOR would want.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll