RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,100,000
4$3,100,000
2$3,000,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Barrie, Tyson
Additional Details:
Bad contract for bad contract, Barrie is more for less term Armia is less for more term.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$82,500,000$81,164,333$896,000$2,200,000$1,335,667

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,125,000$5,125,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW
RFA - 2
$5,125,000$5,125,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 7
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,250,000$9,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 12, 2022 at 10:40 p.m.
Oilers say no to both
Cardiac and Spanky_McButtCakes liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 10:40 p.m.
Banned
The oilers in both trades.
Spanky_McButtCakes liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 10:42 p.m.
Leafs accept
joek liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 10:48 p.m.
Hehe very funny, I am oilers GM in this fantasy, I am the one that used to sell the vacuums!!
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 11:23 p.m.
Smokewise Ganja
oilers get destrtoyed
Aug. 12, 2022 at 11:49 p.m.
Demidov to MTL
Habs accept before you change your mind
joek liked this.
Aug. 12, 2022 at 11:52 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Montreal says no because they cant/dont want to add any caphit, period.

People looking down on Armia should look at his playoffs stats and shut up.

Get real. Oilers would be lucky to get Armia for Poolparty.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 1:13 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: jpsnow13

I can’t tell if this is serious of not so I will be critical of either situation.

If serious: you’re delusional. Armia was mid in the playoffs at best. 8 points in 21 games isn’t close to puljujarvis ceiling. Not to mention the 14 points in 60 regular season games this past year and playing like a replacement level player. Get real. Puljujarvi gaps armia in every facet of the game.

If not serious: make it a little more obvious you’re joking. This is coin flip on if serious or not. If it is a joke, make it slightly less believable.
FoxYou727 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 2:06 a.m.

Pulj is not only 5 years younger but had just as many goals as Armia had points. Meanwhile Barrie had half as many goals as Armia had points. Bad take
Aug. 13, 2022 at 11:52 a.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: Cardiac
I can’t tell if this is serious of not so I will be critical of either situation.

If serious: you’re delusional. Armia was mid in the playoffs at best. 8 points in 21 games isn’t close to puljujarvis ceiling. Not to mention the 14 points in 60 regular season games this past year and playing like a replacement level player. Get real. Puljujarvi gaps armia in every facet of the game.

If not serious: make it a little more obvious you’re joking. This is coin flip on if serious or not. If it is a joke, make it slightly less believable.

People used to call me delusional and bring up regular season stats when I was saying Lehkonen was worth a first round pick because of his playoffs play.

They are silent now.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: FoxYou727
Pulj is not only 5 years younger but had just as many goals as Armia had points. Meanwhile Barrie had half as many goals as Armia had points. Bad take

If you want Edmonton to have good regular season players who get soft during the playoffs just like Toronto, have at it.

Some players bring you to post season, some players get you through it. Poolparty is in the 1st category, Armia the 2nd.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 12:17 p.m.
Banned
People used to call me delusional and bring up regular season stats when I was saying Lehkonen was worth a first round pick because of his playoffs play.

They are silent now.

You make absolutely ZERO sense. Lehkonen was at.5 PPG at 26 and was coming up to be an RFA. His playoff play? He clearly wasn’t a performer as he put up 4 points in 17 games. He was not a good playoff player till he was in colorado which was after the trade. Colorado was overpaying for a playoff push. Take any team outside the top 4 and none are giving up a late first for lehkonen. You clearly don’t watch hockey as this is clearly an uneducated statement to make. You were right about lehky for the wrong reasons and are wrong about armia just flat out wrong.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 4:15 p.m.
SlafDaddy
For the sake of the extra 1.1 for Barrie makes over Armia. When both are on their game your talking about a 50 pt dman and a 30 point winger. Hard to see the Oilers coming out on top of that one unless Armia could get some chem with Connor or leon.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 5:04 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Edited Aug. 13, 2022 at 5:12 p.m.
You make absolutely ZERO sense. Lehkonen was at.5 PPG at 26 and was coming up to be an RFA. His playoff play? He clearly wasn’t a performer as he put up 4 points in 17 games. He was not a good playoff player till he was in colorado which was after the trade. Colorado was overpaying for a playoff push. Take any team outside the top 4 and none are giving up a late first for lehkonen. You clearly don’t watch hockey as this is clearly an uneducated statement to make. You were right about lehky for the wrong reasons and are wrong about armia just flat out wrong.

LOL

Yeah I guess Sakic just used his magic wand...

*poof* "There you go Arthuri, you used to suck but you're good now"

And "take away all the teams that would pay a 1st and no team would pay a 1st" is a very uneducated statement LOL

You are hillarious and make ZERO sense (noticed the capital letters to make my point stronger?) 😉

Or maybe, maybe, Lehky and Armia have always been good performers in the playoffs because they contribute more than just points and Sakic knew it wasn't an overpayment because he WatChEs GaMeS.

Nah, you must just know better.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 6:23 p.m.
Banned
LOL

Yeah I guess Sakic just used his magic wand...

*poof* "There you go Arthuri, you used to suck but you're good now"

And "take away all the teams that would pay a 1st and no team would pay a 1st" is a very uneducated statement LOL

You are hillarious and make ZERO sense (noticed the capital letters to make my point stronger?) 😉

Or maybe, maybe, Lehky and Armia have always been good performers in the playoffs because they contribute more than just points and Sakic knew it wasn't an overpayment because he WatChEs GaMeS.

Nah, you must just know better.

You don’t get it. Lehky was never a good playoff performer before colorado so you can be sure to know that they weren’t paying a first for somebody who has been outstanding in the playoffs. Yes he played well with colorado in the playoffs but in 33 playoff games with montreal, he posted 12 points. FARRRRRRR from the playoff performer you claim him to be in montreal. In the Avs 20 games this playoff run, lehky doubled his playoff production from years previous. His PPG was .7 with the Avs and .36 with the habs. One is clearly superior. You claimed him to be a playoff performer which he was clearly not when traded. Lehky was worth the first because he was one of the top producers on the Habs, was an upcoming RFA, and was a cost efficient player to bring in. Not to mention montreal RETAINED on lehkonen. And yes I am aware lehkonen is more than a point producer but maybe just hear me out, I saw lehky play in the habs cup run and didn’t think much of him. I saw Josh Anderson play in those games and although he wasn’t producing on the score sheet, I liked his play in the run. Now lehkonen? He wasn’t good at all imo, he just was a non factor. Not to mention lehkonen was a healthy scratch at points too. I’m not saying they overpaid for lehkonen. You just simply have the reason why he brought lehkonen in wrong. You say it was because he was a playoff performer. He wasn’t when traded so it’s not that. Maybe it’s the fact he could be a solid contributor for the Avs for years to come? That seems a lot more plausible. The Avs have contract control over lehkonen so that’s a big part as to why that trade happened. You are making it out to be thag lehkonen was this great player for the habs in the playoffs but really it was just that he was a solid contributor who had contract control. Not to mention that it’s a better bet to bring in lehkonen than it is to keep Barron and a 2nd.

https://dobberprospects.com/2020/05/16/nhl-draft-pick-probabilities/amp/

Dobber (an expert) guesstimated the players picked between 16-32 have a 50% chance at being solid NHLers. Excluding the 8 players drafted after 2013 expect pasta and roslovic (which helps the argument against lehky), only 19 players have played more games than lehky which excludes the fact that lehky is only entering the 8th year of his career and could double his numbers. 29 other 25th OA picks lehky is better than at only 7 years into his career. 60% of 25th OA picks, lehky is better than already. Plus the 2nd rounder too which all 2nd rounders have an AVG chance of 35% of being NHLers. So combining the odds, that’s an 85% chance of getting an NHLer for lehkonen. Barron isn’t worth a 1st anymore, and that second doesn’t cover the difference either. Do you think Barron plus a 2nd could have gotten the 32nd OA pick? Be honest. So did the habs even get a first for lehkonen or did sakic fleece them like he always does.

I watch games and what this boils down to is armia not being worth puljujarvi and if you had any lick of common sense you would agree here. Sakic got fair value for lehkonen and playing in a superior system, he is performing better than he ever did in montreal. And did sakic even give up equivalent to a first round pick? You weren’t right about lehky and even if you were, you would be right for all of the wrong reasons. End of discussion.
Aug. 13, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
You know nothing JS
You don’t get it. Lehky was never a good playoff performer before colorado so you can be sure to know that they weren’t paying a first for somebody who has been outstanding in the playoffs. Yes he played well with colorado in the playoffs but in 33 playoff games with montreal, he posted 12 points. FARRRRRRR from the playoff performer you claim him to be in montreal. In the Avs 20 games this playoff run, lehky doubled his playoff production from years previous. His PPG was .7 with the Avs and .36 with the habs. One is clearly superior. You claimed him to be a playoff performer which he was clearly not when traded. Lehky was worth the first because he was one of the top producers on the Habs, was an upcoming RFA, and was a cost efficient player to bring in. Not to mention montreal RETAINED on lehkonen. And yes I am aware lehkonen is more than a point producer but maybe just hear me out, I saw lehky play in the habs cup run and didn’t think much of him. I saw Josh Anderson play in those games and although he wasn’t producing on the score sheet, I liked his play in the run. Now lehkonen? He wasn’t good at all imo, he just was a non factor. Not to mention lehkonen was a healthy scratch at points too. I’m not saying they overpaid for lehkonen. You just simply have the reason why he brought lehkonen in wrong. You say it was because he was a playoff performer. He wasn’t when traded so it’s not that. Maybe it’s the fact he could be a solid contributor for the Avs for years to come? That seems a lot more plausible. The Avs have contract control over lehkonen so that’s a big part as to why that trade happened. You are making it out to be thag lehkonen was this great player for the habs in the playoffs but really it was just that he was a solid contributor who had contract control. Not to mention that it’s a better bet to bring in lehkonen than it is to keep Barron and a 2nd.

https://dobberprospects.com/2020/05/16/nhl-draft-pick-probabilities/amp/

Dobber (an expert) guesstimated the players picked between 16-32 have a 50% chance at being solid NHLers. Excluding the 8 players drafted after 2013 expect pasta and roslovic (which helps the argument against lehky), only 19 players have played more games than lehky which excludes the fact that lehky is only entering the 8th year of his career and could double his numbers. 29 other 25th OA picks lehky is better than at only 7 years into his career. 60% of 25th OA picks, lehky is better than already. Plus the 2nd rounder too which all 2nd rounders have an AVG chance of 35% of being NHLers. So combining the odds, that’s an 85% chance of getting an NHLer for lehkonen. Barron isn’t worth a 1st anymore, and that second doesn’t cover the difference either. Do you think Barron plus a 2nd could have gotten the 32nd OA pick? Be honest. So did the habs even get a first for lehkonen or did sakic fleece them like he always does.

I watch games and what this boils down to is armia not being worth puljujarvi and if you had any lick of common sense you would agree here. Sakic got fair value for lehkonen and playing in a superior system, he is performing better than he ever did in montreal. And did sakic even give up equivalent to a first round pick? You weren’t right about lehky and even if you were, you would be right for all of the wrong reasons. End of discussion.

tl;dr
Aug. 13, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.
Banned
tl;dr

Fair enough

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll